The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Which F&W booths are most popular/have the longest lines (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3000832)

NoOrdinaryPrincess 09-30-2012 10:43 PM

Which F&W booths are most popular/have the longest lines

I'm trying to develop a strategy for my trip to the F&WF in a week and I wanted to know which booths had the longest lines I assume Hops and Barley and Canada will have lines. Which others are most popular?

Ro Z 09-30-2012 11:15 PM

Can't really answer. Every day is differant. But we have noticed long lines for anything beef, lobster, and chocolate. Italy had some long lines too last year. But time of day, day of week, like weekends, if it is a holiday weekend. Are all factors in the length of lines! F&W is gonna be crowded pretty much everyday. But so worth it. :cool1:

Sweet Melissa 09-30-2012 11:21 PM

Traditionally, the Canada booth is the most popular. Going by my own experience and what gets talked about most on the message boards, I would say Greece, France, Ireland, Germany and Australia are others that will have longer than average lines. Belgium and South Korea too.

TinkerBelle_325 09-30-2012 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoOrdinaryPrincess (Post 46313366)
I'm trying to develop a strategy for my trip to the F&WF in a week and I wanted to know which booths had the longest lines I assume Hops and Barley and Canada will have lines. Which others are most popular?

While I haven't been yet this year, Canada and Hops & Barley do indeed have long lines. I've also seen longer lines at France, Ireland, Mexico and Australia. But it really does vary day to day.

cruisingkat 10-01-2012 12:04 AM

It definitely depends on the time and day of the week. We (DH & I) do F&W during the early afternoon (around 1pm) on Tuesday thru Thursday in the first or second week of Oct. and have never had more than 4 people ahead of us in line. Most of the time we just walk up and order. We divide the WS into 3-4 sections and do one section each day getting one of each food item offered at each booth and share.

NoOrdinaryPrincess 10-01-2012 07:24 AM

Thanks for the help everyone!

beroh2253 10-01-2012 11:48 AM

I know when I get ther the Hops and Barley will be one of my favorites and will visit a few time during the week with the Lobster Roll and Sam Adams, can't wan't to try the new Festival Brew. Canada with the Filet probably be there many times, I'll be there a week and I Have my Disney rewards card and AAA trave card all loaded and ready to go along with DW and my 14 SC.
Can't wait, I think I'll have to try something at every Kiosk.
Some other favs.
Argentina- Beef Empanada and Beef Skewer
Australia-shrimp on the Barbie
Cheese-Trio
Ireland-Lobster & Seafood Fishermans Pie
And of course Craft Beer and Brewers Collestion Kiosks

nanienamou 10-01-2012 11:52 AM

Last year, there were long lines for Italy, Mexico, Canada, Australia and Ireland, particularly in the evenings. We hit the kiosks as soon as they opened, and never had a super long wait. :thumbsup2

Art 1 10-01-2012 05:05 PM

They all had equally long lines this past Saturday.

Sweettears 10-01-2012 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Art 1 (Post 46320213)
They all had equally long lines this past Saturday.

I was there Saturday afternoon and the line for Canada on the England side was virtually empty. Many booths have two lines and people don't realize it especially when they are entering W&F from the main entrance.

Meredisney 10-01-2012 09:37 PM

Was there on Saturday and waited the longest at Canada, Belgium, Germany and Greece.

OrangeCountyCommuter 10-01-2012 10:18 PM

Canada, Ireland, Italy always seem more crowded. But this year they were coing very well at moving folks through

TurtleGirl3 10-01-2012 10:35 PM

I was there Saturday and our longest wait was in Canada, Ireland, Italy and Florida.

And my favorite booths were New Zealand (that scallop is AMAZING), Japan (absolutely no one in line!) and Australia (shrimp on the Barbie anyone)!

I left with a few bottles of wine and the cook book!!

TDC Nala 10-02-2012 09:48 AM

You should usually expect lines at any booth that serves red meat, especially on weekends. These are the most popular booths.

1. Canada (according to WDW, Canada is by far the most popular festival booth)
2. Ireland
3. Australia
4. Hops & Barley (always check to see if the line on the left side is shorter)
5. Germany
6. Belgium
7. Craft Beers
8. Mexico
9. Argentina
10. France
11. China
12. Italy

Just as my own experience, I went to the following booths on Saturday evening because they had no line at all or a short line.
Morocco
South Africa
Argentina (they usually have a line)
Terra
Very short line on the left side of Hops & Barley. Huge line on the right side. Always check the left side.

Toward 9 PM, with a 10 PM closing, lines went way down except at Canada and Ireland. I don't recall checking Italy.

TheRustyScupper 10-02-2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cruisingkat (Post 46313916)
It definitely depends on the time and day of the week.

. . . and, the time of day
. . . and, the weather
. . . and, the hungrimess of the crowd
. . . and, the phase of the moon
. . . in other words, no way to tell
. . . just walk around and pick a booth