The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Wild African Trek! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3000736)

natasha423 09-30-2012 07:13 PM

Wild African Trek!

My Disney Pals!!

Wondering if anyone has been on the African Trek at AK?

If so..
Did you have to purchase a park ticket to go on the tour? Did you enjoy it,was it work the time and money. Any comments are welcomed! Thanks

hlizard 09-30-2012 07:27 PM

You do have to purchase park tickets to go on the tour. And I have not done it yet but I am scheduled to do it Nov 2 at 8 AM!

Denise W 09-30-2012 08:16 PM

If you do a search you will find several threads from people who have done the Trek recently.

Denise

Good Morning Dewdrop 09-30-2012 08:19 PM

ditto the PP you do need a park ticket

I gave dh the tour on our most recent trip (just back on 9/27). He loved it! He's a photographer - we must have a zillion pictures from it. In addition they send you a photo CD - they said within 4 weeks but it was in our mail when we got home.

One thing to note - dh is allergic to turkey so we mentioned that at check in - they do personalized food containers now. One guy on the tour didn't like seafood and there was a fair amount of it in the container (sort of looked like metal buckets to me). IF I was going on the tour I'd ask for no seafood (since I don't like it either) so I'd have something significant to eat - not sure if they honor 'don't likes' but I would think it's worth asking.

dzy76 09-30-2012 08:48 PM

We are doing this in October. I didn't even think about the meal part! I basically am vegetarian. Should I call and add that on the WDW tour line?:scratchin

natasha423 09-30-2012 08:58 PM

It looks like such an awesome experience!

That rope bridge looks incredible!

Leona Fishback 09-30-2012 09:25 PM

I did it with my two older boys (then about 8 & 9), and yes, we used our usual park tickets to enter the park. And it was a great tour -- well worth it. Lots of great pictures, plenty of time closer to animals than you get on the K safari, and a nice lunch at the end.

Good Morning Dewdrop 09-30-2012 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dzy76 (Post 46312287)
We are doing this in October. I didn't even think about the meal part! I basically am vegetarian. Should I call and add that on the WDW tour line?:scratchin

you can do that or just mention it at the check in - they made a note of dh's allergy at check in. His meal was specifically marked 'no turkey' or something simiilar....I know he mentioned another woman had a gluten free meal. I would think vegetarian would be no problem.

MJMcBride 09-30-2012 09:41 PM

Definately call. Disney is always good about that sort of thing.

Have a wild time

rolliev60 09-30-2012 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJMcBride (Post 46312818)
Definately call. Disney is always good about that sort of thing.

Have a wild time

It's very important to let them know ahead of time about food allergies or preferences-the food is prepared ahead of time and placed on the ride vehicle when the tour starts.

NoOrdinaryPrincess 09-30-2012 10:16 PM

Yes :)

SIMJUN 09-30-2012 11:00 PM

We did the trek in January - loved it.

My husband also has a food allergy, we let them know in advance and that was taken care of.

The only negative thing about the whole experience was that it was an exceptionally cold day, but of course Disney doesn't control the weather.

dzy76 10-01-2012 05:56 PM

I will call then. And what? :confused3Disney doesn't control the weather? Thats like saying there is not Santa Clause to me!!!:santa:

LisaTC 10-01-2012 06:01 PM

Does it sell out? How far ahead do you have to book?? Just curious! Thanks!

DizzDoll 10-01-2012 10:17 PM

I'd like to know how far in advance to book as well, because (drum roll here) we ARE in fact going again next August because my DD is taking a year off before grad school!!! So as a graduation present we're going to do the tour. Very exciting.