The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Purchasing DVC (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Scratching the itch (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3000055)

TinkandGoofy'sMom 09-29-2012 09:36 AM

Scratching the itch

We have only been members since January 2012 (purchased 150 points at AKV direct from Disney), but that urge to add on has been bugging us since our first DVC trip!! I've been checking every day for a resale between 50 and 100 points, preferrably at OKW, AKV, or BWV. I signed up for the e-mail updated from Timeshare Store. Well yesterday was a particularily boring day at work and I was checking my personal e-mails and there was an update from Timeshare Store. There were three 50 point contracts, a 75 point contract, and a 125 point contract all for OKW. I got right on the phone, but was too late for the small contracts :( but the 125 point one was still available. I put in an offer and crossed my fingers. About 20 minutes later Scot called me back to let me know the sellers had accepted!! All at once I was thinking "Woo Hoo! and Oh crap I just spent a lot of money!" LOL. So here's hoping it passes ROFR and we will also be owners at OKW. :)

ace21 09-29-2012 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinkandGoofy'sMom (Post 46299310)
We have only been members since January 2012 (purchased 150 points at AKV direct from Disney), but that urge to add on has been bugging us since our first DVC trip!! I've been checking every day for a resale between 50 and 100 points, preferrably at OKW, AKV, or BWV. I signed up for the e-mail updated from Timeshare Store. Well yesterday was a particularily boring day at work and I was checking my personal e-mails and there was an update from Timeshare Store. There were three 50 point contracts, a 75 point contract, and a 125 point contract all for OKW. I got right on the phone, but was too late for the small contracts :( but the 125 point one was still available. I put in an offer and crossed my fingers. About 20 minutes later Scot called me back to let me know the sellers had accepted!! All at once I was thinking "Woo Hoo! and Oh crap I just spent a lot of money!" LOL. So here's hoping it passes ROFR and we will also be owners at OKW. :)

Good Luck with ROFR!!!

Here are some Bananas to confuse that #$@% Monkey
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

We passed OKW ROFR last week so it is still possible.:thumbsup2

bdoleary 09-29-2012 10:44 AM

Congratulations - it's amazing how fast the smaller contracts can disappear - OKW is great.

Caren90 09-29-2012 11:32 AM

You better be careful with those boring days at work or you might end up in the 1,000 point club! ;)

Congratulations.

Stephen

DisDad07 09-29-2012 06:52 PM

Hope you get your OKW. We also started at AK and now own at OKW. We have stayed at both and I can tell you they are a great value and a nice places to stay. We leave for AK in 7 days for the FWF . Good Luck !

Pennyguy23 10-02-2012 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinkandGoofy'sMom (Post 46299310)

Nice! I like your style

gripp35 10-02-2012 02:45 PM

That's great! Good luck! :thumbsup2