The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   if money was no object...where would you stay (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2999827)

laurba99 09-28-2012 04:26 PM

if money was no object...where would you stay

We just got back from 5 nights at the World and we all can't wait to go back! We stayed off-site but had a nice clean hotel and great affordable buffet breakfast most mornings (except character breakfast morning at animal kingdom) and we payed alot for cabs (shuttle was there but not super convenient) and we paid ALOT for food because we had no dining plan.
can't help but think that if I got a windfall where I would stay and where I would eat (I figure if I stayed on-site the dining plan would make alot of sense)
Curious to hear your answers and it doesn't have to be the most expensive place (it can) but where you would honestly stay if you had every available option.

Gorechick 09-28-2012 04:48 PM

I would do a split stay at Wilderness Lodge Club Level and Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room. Or I might be swayed by Poly CLub Level Theme Park View.

yolie912 09-28-2012 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gorechick (Post 46295172)
I would do a split stay at Wilderness Lodge Club Level and Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room. Or I might be swayed by Poly CLub Level Theme Park View.

Gorechick,
How did you like the royal rooms?

NJRRK 09-28-2012 05:03 PM

Presidential suite at the CR! With the Platinum Plan. Awesome view of the MK, largest balcony on site and walking distance to MK. Along with all meals and recreation included.

laurba99 09-28-2012 05:20 PM

Thanks

Which one is CR? I can only think of contemporary, coronado and carribean oh you must mean Contemporary! Are the rooms nice there?

Gorechick 09-28-2012 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yolie912

Gorechick,
How did you like the royal rooms?

Loved the RR! We got upgraded to an amazing location with a gorgeous view. I don't know how I'll stay at POR again unless we're in the same room!

yolie912 09-28-2012 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gorechick (Post 46295494)
Loved the RR! We got upgraded to an amazing location with a gorgeous view. I don't know how I'll stay at POR again unless we're in the same room!

We are doing a split stay on both the Wilderness and RR... Which one was your favorite? How do they compare? I'm going for Christmas! Can't wait!!

uscgmouse 09-28-2012 05:44 PM

Beach Club or AKL in a suite!

coolbluewater 09-28-2012 05:50 PM

kidani for me!

Kidani - 2Bedroom or grand villa. Would love.

Gorechick 09-28-2012 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yolie912

We are doing a split stay on both the Wilderness and RR... Which one was your favorite? How do they compare? I'm going for Christmas! Can't wait!!

I have a soft spot for WL, only stayed once on my honeymoon. I had wanted to stay ever since i saw it being built on my trip in 1989. Went to dinner at Artist Point our last trip and got teary eyed walking through the resort. On our HM, We were in a woods view room on the MK side, 6th floor. Barely could see the castle through all the trees. Lovely resort, hope we can afford to go back.

BubMunkeyBles 09-28-2012 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJRRK (Post 46295282)
Presidential suite at the CR! With the Platinum Plan. Awesome view of the MK, largest balcony on site and walking distance to MK. Along with all meals and recreation included.

I stayed there when I was a kid... it was AMAZING and something I'll always remember. We had a code and had to swipe our keys I think.

I'd choose CR concierge with MK view.

dreamcruiser 09-28-2012 05:56 PM

The Walt Disney suite in the Grand Floridian!

tmdeutch 09-28-2012 06:03 PM

I really like pop century because it is so whimsical. Same with All-stars. I know they aren't as posh, but...

Nohal 09-28-2012 06:05 PM

Cindrella's Castle

NJRRK 09-28-2012 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nohal
Cindrella's Castle

It's a beautiful room, but you have no outside area nor do the windows open. I could see spending a night there, but not a whole vacation. Sorry all the other suggestions would please me more for a vacation (except maybe All Stars or Pop, my partner and I can't sleep in a full bed). This thread really is a "to each his own" type opinion and far be it from me to berate anyone.