The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   is it a curse? Uptade - we start comunicating (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2999703)

Isila 09-28-2012 01:01 PM

is it a curse? Uptade - we start comunicating

ok, so there. I'm probably cursed. I got the money for the booking. I was making a booking. and again they charged my credit card and no booking was done. Yes, they will return money in two weeks time. I can send them bank fax, card number etc and they will release money earlier than two weeks... but they offer ends in two days.. so no point... I desperate. Just wanted to let it out. I want to cry

IsobelJackmummy 09-28-2012 03:02 PM

Oh no! That's awful, will they not honour the price as this is their fault? I would try and get them to put something in writing to you.

Hope you sort something out :hug:

Isila 09-30-2012 12:17 PM

can anyone tell me an email I could write to?

Ms Poppins 09-30-2012 01:13 PM

Did you do this online or by phone?

If online, i'd strongly suggest phoning them to see what's going on and explain you want to book but they've taken money from your card and you have no reference.

I seem to recall it being a few days before I got email confirmation of my booking, so maybe it is booked?

It's worth a phone call to find out.

Isila 09-30-2012 01:18 PM

I gave it a call right away. It was late, my bank wasn't working, so I could get all the information. Nice lady confirmed that no booking was done, but yes credit card was charged. I have to call back with all my bank information and they will send a fax and release my money earlier than two weeks. But this can't be done on weekend... So, yes, no point to hurry up - two weeks or two days is the same - end of my offer.

But I'd like to write them an email to complain.

No fun.. But this happened when I made my booking last year. March bookings are cursed :mad:

I was so happy I got the money. I had enough for 6 night stay in SL and now I have nothing :mad:

JustJonathan 09-30-2012 01:27 PM

Hi there, sorry this has happened!

Just a quick question.. if you are making a march booking, why not phone them and book it any way? You'll only need to pay a 10% deposit (or 15% possibly)... meaning you can then wait until your full refund comes through and use it to book under the current offer?

Isila 09-30-2012 01:48 PM

I'm booking over Irish site and I'm not from Ireland :sad2:

Ms Poppins 09-30-2012 02:04 PM

I don't think that's a problem.

I'm sure I've heard that Disney has agreed to honour any price, from any country even by telephone.

When you phone, you need to say you've seen the deal on the Irish website.

It might be worth a try :goodvibes

Isila 09-30-2012 02:13 PM

I gave it a try and the answer was "no". anyway, it's too late, but thank you all for suggestions.

I do hope for another March offer (might be a better one)...

Just wanted to talk to someone who would understand me and how I feel.

Ms Poppins 09-30-2012 02:23 PM

Oh, that's a shame.

They should have honoured the price though - it's been on a tv programme here in the UK that by phone, provided you can quote the price and country, the price is given.

Maybe it's just meant to be and a nice wee flash sale will pop up for your dates :grouphug:

Isila 09-30-2012 02:23 PM

I checked my site and it costs more - 795E for 6night stay in SL and Irish site gave me 684E.

But I do get 626 for 5 night in SL, although I got 580 on Irish site, but 50 is not that much. I wonder why is the price difference so big for 5 and 6 nights.
It's a 2 free nights offer. But I try to book under 40 off.... confused

Isila 09-30-2012 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ms Poppins (Post 46308982)
Oh, that's a shame.

They should have honoured the price though - it's been on a tv programme here in the UK that by phone, provided you can quote the price and country, the price is given.

Maybe it's just meant to be and a nice wee flash sale will pop up for your dates :grouphug:

maybe. anyone heard anything? ;)

addverbaan 09-30-2012 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isila (Post 46309015)
maybe. anyone heard anything? ;)

There is a 50% flash sale starting this wednesday on the Dutch site - maybe other sites too?

amanda

tinks_1989 09-30-2012 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by addverbaan

There is a 50% flash sale starting this wednesday on the Dutch site - maybe other sites too?

amanda

Oh no! I can't resist a bargain

Isila 09-30-2012 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by addverbaan (Post 46309144)

amanda

thank you!!!