The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   California Grill Longe Area (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2999691)

dsnymoners 09-28-2012 11:36 AM

California Grill Longe Area

Are kids allowed in the Lounge/bar area? I can't get a reservation so thought we would just try that area instead.

Uncleromulus 09-28-2012 11:47 AM

Most certainly.

But be aware that anytime near fireworks time the bar/lounge will be packed. Meaning that w/o any reservatiomn, they MIGHT not let you up.

minnie mum 09-28-2012 11:49 AM

Agree with the PP. Any time we've been there the lounge area was SRO with people waiting for tables at CG or having drinks and appys.

budafam 09-28-2012 12:15 PM

We have reservations for 9:30 and Wishes is at 9... if we showed up at 8ish, would we be let up to the platform to see the fireworks?

jmkst58 09-28-2012 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by budafam (Post 46292950)
We have reservations for 9:30 and Wishes is at 9... if we showed up at 8ish, would we be let up to the platform to see the fireworks?

disclaimer: it is always going to be different depending on who is working, but..

everytime we've come early- they have checked us in and let us roam around free upstairs as we liked.

8:00 is quite early for a 9:30 reservation though. They ?may? turn you away if you try 8- it all just depends.

However--- if you are not careful- they will just seat you that early- if that is ok with you then it's worth a try.

we usually go to CG early to enjoy the view and walk around but never fails- the second we checkin (and sometime very early)--- our buzzer is going off before we even get off the elevator.

so it just depends ... anything could happen from 'getting turned away and told to come back closer to 9:30' all the way to 'we have a table ready for you right now at 8pm- let me seat you.'

If you are ok with either one of those scenarios- then feel free to try to checkin at 8.

ENJOY!! i love CG

budafam 09-28-2012 02:37 PM

Maybe I'll try 8:30 or so... just hoping we can see the fireworks from there and then have dinner. What if we're seated ahead of time? Can we "take a break" from eating and go to the platform to see the fireworks?

TDC Nala 09-28-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by budafam (Post 46294117)
Maybe I'll try 8:30 or so... just hoping we can see the fireworks from there and then have dinner. What if we're seated ahead of time? Can we "take a break" from eating and go to the platform to see the fireworks?

Yes. Let your server know that is what you want to do.

Uncleromulus 09-29-2012 05:14 AM

In fact they may even assume that is what you want to do--you'll see about half the restaurant leave their table and watch the fireworks.

We almost always arrive early (about 45 minutes or so ) for dinner at CG and we've always been allowed to go right on up.

HOWEVER--on occasion there have been absolutely NO seats in the lounge or at the bar and we've had to snag a couple of stray chairs and sit in those with our backs up against a wall.

Point being (as jmkst58 suggests) you never know exactly what to expect at CG...