The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Is there a difference in the matresses/bedding (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2998679)

FreeThinker 09-26-2012 01:32 PM

Is there a difference in the matresses/bedding

In the Value, Moderate or Deluxe? Do they have the same matresses, or are the mroe $$ places have better quality matresses and bedding?

Mousemommy1 09-26-2012 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreeThinker (Post 46274590)
In the Value, Moderate or Deluxe? Do they have the same matresses, or are the mroe $$ places have better quality matresses and bedding?

I think you will get varied answers, because the perception of "quality" is sort of subjective.

Personally, my family has not noticed a difference in bedding and we've stayed at all levels. However, I think that by the time our heads hit the pillows, we could be on a sidewalk and it wouldn't have mattered because we are so tired. :goodvibes

mickeynut1 09-26-2012 01:42 PM

We've never stayed at a value, but have stayed at 1 mod (CBR) and all but 3 of the deluxes (CR, BWI, & YC). With that said, while I have never had trouble sleeping at any resort, I have found the beds at the Poly and GF to be the most comfortable :cloud9:.

KonaKaiTom 09-26-2012 01:47 PM

There is a difference in size. I believe most, if not all the values have fullsize beds, some moderates have fullsize and some have queen, and the deluxes all have queen minimum. There are probably exceptions where you could get a King at some of the moderates but they are few and far between I bet.

Tom

mousefan73 09-26-2012 02:01 PM

I am a bedding snob and i hate hotel beds that have the standard heavy bed spread ( how often do these get washed, not each time a new guest comes right?? ) with poly blanket and top sheet. I love duvets and any quality hotel should have them. Think Westin heavenly bed.

That being said we have stayed in CBR and POFQ and both had the yucky bedspread, but matteresses were good. I left the bedspread off.
In researching I found that Coronado as a mod now has duvets, if they are down, i dont know. Cant see down being a hit in Florida. I was tempted to switch from FQ after reading this. We stuck with FQ and were happy in our choice for other, non bed reasons.

I do wonder if the deluxes have duvets, IMO if they also have bedspreads they are really over charging. Any standard delux nowadays do duvets.

minnie mum 09-26-2012 02:01 PM

The values all have double (full) beds. The mods all have queen beds except for CBR which has double beds. The deluxes have queen beds (some also have day beds or pullout sofa beds. All levels have some king beds.

As to the quality of the mattresses- the degree of firmness or softnes is really subjective; but in our experience the more expensive the resort the better the mattress. The epitome of mattress comfort, though, is apparently to be found at the Swan/Dolphin resorts.

Linen quality also seems to go up with the level of resort.

DznyCrzy11 09-26-2012 02:06 PM

We've stayed at all levels and prefer the bedding at the deluxe resorts. It's a better quality mattress and I love the pillows.

Sent from my GalaxyS II

Mousemommy1 09-26-2012 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mousefan73 (Post 46274863)
I am a bedding snob and i hate hotel beds that have the standard heavy bed spread ( how often do these get washed, not each time a new guest comes right?? ) with poly blanket and top sheet. I love duvets and any quality hotel should have them. Think Westin heavenly bed.

That being said we have stayed in CBR and POFQ and both had the yucky bedspread, but matteresses were good. I left the bedspread off.
In researching I found that Coronado as a mod now has duvets, if they are down, i dont know. Cant see down being a hit in Florida. I was tempted to switch from FQ after reading this. We stuck with FQ and were happy in our choice for other, non bed reasons.

I do wonder if the deluxes have duvets, IMO if they also have bedspreads they are really over charging. Any standard delux nowadays do duvets.

The Epcot resorts, WL and CR have duvets. The Poly, GF, and AKL still have bedspreads.

mousefan73 09-26-2012 02:15 PM

OMG that is crazy. How could the GF and Poly ( seeing their prices and GF being marketed as the flagship resort), not do duvets?!?! Especially for what they are charging. Sorry but in my head, bedspreads look cheap, motel like. Regardless of the "theming".

Can you request it?? Especially seeing you are paying at times 400 plus a night. I would be demanding my feather pillow :).

Sammie 09-26-2012 04:15 PM

Yes there is a difference in the mattresses, the Grand Floridian is the only pillow top.

As to duvets, I would imagine eventually as each resort goes through a soft product rehab they will get them.

it's kelly 09-26-2012 07:05 PM

Out of our stays the only time we had a complaint about the mattress was at AKL. It was just not comfy and it was squeeky. Maybe it was because we stayed in a DVC room and they aren't as kept up as regular rooms ?:confused3

I did notice last week while at AKL they were changing mattresses and I saw the on the 3rd and 4th floor. Maybe they are working their way up.

WDW_Diane 09-26-2012 10:08 PM

best beds....

I agree that the Swan and Dolphin have the best beds.... there is not much that can beat the Westin Heavenly Bed!
I'm hoping the beds at our next resort (Animal Kingdom Villa at Jambo) are sleepable. I know one of them will be a sofa bed (not mine!).

bnk1120 09-26-2012 10:23 PM

Stayed at BLT this summer and just loved the bed and bedding. So comfortable! I have been looking for similar bedding to have at home. Definitely the most comfortable I have experienced on property.

jessa07 09-27-2012 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnk1120 (Post 46279175)
Stayed at BLT this summer and just loved the bed and bedding. So comfortable! I have been looking for similar bedding to have at home. Definitely the most comfortable I have experienced on property.

::yes::

DFi and I stayed at BLT over two years ago and we still rave about how amazing that bed was!!

Familyof4lovesDW 09-27-2012 06:36 AM

Yes, there is. AOA has hard full size beds with starched cardboard feeling bedspread. Maybe they just need to be used more :confused3 they had the same style as bedspreads at ASMO and CBR but I guess since they were not brand new, they did not seem hard. I cannot remember the bed size ar CBR.

CR has duvets. The beds are so comfortable. I think the little bed was more comfortable than the bed at AOA.

I wish they all had duvets. Much more comfortable and warm. :)

I think the pillows were different as well.