The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disneyland (California) (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   ~ Bidding on A Room Close To Disneyland ~ (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2998337)

tinkcollector 09-25-2012 07:24 PM

~ Bidding on A Room Close To Disneyland ~

I thought I would post a recent bid (this past weekend) through Priceline. I picked 3 stars and the Anaheim/Orange/Garden Grove area. I got the Crowne Plaza in Garden Grove on Harbor Blvd. The bid was $62.00.
I am a Crowne Plaza rewards member. The rewards for perks and resort fees count on your rewards, just not the actual room cost due to it being obtained through Priceline.
Upon check-in because of the membership the perks I received are, I was up-graded to an executive suite (terry robe and chocolates on the pillow), offered two bottles of water, two drink tickets (good for a Crowne Margarita, cold soda, domestic beer, or a glass of house wine), and the resort fee included shuttle service back and forth for the parks. Daily newspapers are available in the lobby for guests.
This is a nice hotel. Wi-Fi in rooms, coffee maker and frig. Parking is a walk back to the hotel unless you get lucky and get a close spot.
I have had really good luck with bidding for a room in the Disneyland area. But, be fore-warned when you bid for a room it only guarantee’s a room for two. You might get a room with only one king. If that is not an issue I would recommend bidding on Priceline. :tink:

PigletSeeker 09-25-2012 09:30 PM

We've had excellent results with Priceline in that area. I think we stayed in that same hotel for $65. It was nice. On the bed thing, we just call the hotel about 24 hrs after booking and request 2 doubles- never had an issue.

DisneyMomma81 09-26-2012 11:04 AM

We stayed there twice in 2009 via priceline, it's nice but I prefer to be within walking distance. Both times after my winning bid I'd call the hotel directly and kindly request a 2 bed room, we got 2 Qs both times.

HollyL 09-26-2012 01:44 PM

Priceline rocks! The first time I tried it, we got the Grand Hyatt for $55/night in December! Last time, we got the new Holiday Inn Resort for $50/night- not as great as The Hyatt, but still a great deal for $50 a night. I will always use Priceline unless I win the lottery any time soon.

SeattleRedBear 09-26-2012 04:40 PM

I got you all beat. Four years ago, Extended Stay America Convention Center (so 15-minute walk from MainGate). $25/night. Our car rental out of LGB was more expensive than the hotel!!

SuzanneSLO 09-26-2012 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleRedBear (Post 46276478)
I got you all beat. Four years ago, Extended Stay America Convention Center (so 15-minute walk from MainGate). $25/night. Our car rental out of LGB was more expensive than the hotel!!

A number of years ago, I bid on a hotel for my parents and got the Hyatt. When I told my mom it was $105, she was concerned that it was more than she wanted to spend per night. I corrected her that $105 was the full price for all 3 nights! She was very happy! -- Suzanne