The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   The College Board (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   roommates (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2997787)

princessang33 09-24-2012 07:07 PM

roommates
 
just a quick question after you get accepted and pick your arrival date does disney pick your roommates for you or do you decide who you want to live with...and does anybody wanna be my roommate? i arrive jan 15

Joanna71985 09-24-2012 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princessang33 (Post 46257151)
just a quick question after you get accepted and pick your arrival date does disney pick your roommates for you or do you decide who you want to live with...and does anybody wanna be my roommate? i arrive jan 15

You can do one of two things: select a roomate yourself (either through the roomate notification system, or on your own), or wait until you arrive and get a random roomate

Laniebeth 09-27-2012 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joanna71985 (Post 46257258)
You can do one of two things: select a roomate yourself (either through the roomate notification system, or on your own), or wait until you arrive and get a random roomate

So, if you know who you want to room with, how do you go about getting them in your room? Because there are 6 of us, though potentially 8, that want to room together, but we were under the impression that we wouldn't be able to request each other until we got there. So how do we go about requesting each other before we get there?

ValiantHeart 09-27-2012 10:55 AM

You can choose one person (your actual roommate in your room with you) but your best bet if you have a group that you want to room with is to literally stand in line together at check-in.

KatMalfoy 09-27-2012 01:39 PM

Can you change move-in day?
 
So I'm guessing if you put in a request ahead of time for your actual roommate, they have to arrive on the same day as you? If the person I am hoping to room with has not even had her phone interview yet, therefore she won't be choosing a move-in day for a while, would I be able to change my move-in day if she can't get the same one as me?

khancock 09-27-2012 02:09 PM

Read these articles about roommate matching
https://disneyprogramsblog.com/?s=roommate+matching

Yes. You can change your check in day. Prob a cap on number of times, though.

KatMalfoy 09-27-2012 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khancock (Post 46284130)
Read these articles about roommate matching
https://disneyprogramsblog.com/?s=roommate+matching

Yes. You can change your check in day. Prob a cap on number of times, though.

This helps a lot! Thanks so much!!!:thumbsup2

Aspiring 09-27-2012 09:19 PM

I'm really nervous to have roommates. Do you guys know which is the best place to live in?

KatMalfoy 09-27-2012 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspiring (Post 46288091)
I'm really nervous to have roommates. Do you guys know which is the best place to live in?

I have HEARD that Chatham Square is the best... something about it being not the oldest but not the newest...therefore not the least expensive but not the most either...

Also the bus apparently picks up right in front of Chatham and you have to walk to Chatham if you live in a different one to catch a bus I think...

Aspiring 09-27-2012 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KatMalfoy (Post 46288186)
I have HEARD that Chatham Square is the best... something about it being not the oldest but not the newest...therefore not the least expensive but not the most either...

Also the bus apparently picks up right in front of Chatham and you have to walk to Chatham if you live in a different one to catch a bus I think...

That's cool. (: I just don't want to be living in a cubicle.

KatMalfoy 09-27-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspiring (Post 46288277)
That's cool. (: I just don't want to be living in a cubicle.

Oh definitely! If you go on youtube and search for Chatham Square, or any of the DCP apartments, you can see some tours people have given, and they're not too small!! Bigger than my dorm now, anyways... (Although I do have my own bedroom here)

RapunzelRapunzel 09-27-2012 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princessang33 (Post 46257151)
just a quick question after you get accepted and pick your arrival date does disney pick your roommates for you or do you decide who you want to live with...and does anybody wanna be my roommate? i arrive jan 15

I am worried about the roommate situation as well. I gotta pay my fees and pick a date still but I can't really go on the facebook page and try to meet people because I'm friends on it with a couple of my co-workers and I don't plan on telling them I'm leaving til sometime in or around December.

We should fill out like questionnaires on here to give ideas for potential roommates.

sephorachick 09-28-2012 06:59 AM

stand in line with who you want to room with

RapunzelRapunzel 09-28-2012 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princessang33 (Post 46257151)
just a quick question after you get accepted and pick your arrival date does disney pick your roommates for you or do you decide who you want to live with...and does anybody wanna be my roommate? i arrive jan 15

I am picking my date and the 15th is an option. So we could be potential roomies!

MsFrazzledFro 09-29-2012 01:13 PM

I found all my roommates through Facebook! There are TONS of groups on there for the DCP - groups by arrival date, role, application status, park, etc. etc. etc...

It's an easy way to find potential roomies, as well as just friends :)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.