The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Swimming with the Ducks! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2994928)

CuteAsMinnie 09-18-2012 11:06 PM

Swimming with the Ducks!

One of the simple pleasures of WDW is while staying at the WL, waking up very early, putting on your swimsuit, going down to the empty pool to enjoy some quality time swimming with the family of ducks, who use the pool when everyone else is asleep!

Has a anyone else enjoyed this experience? Are there families of ducks at other resorts?

BTW, please don't chase the ducks away!:thumbsup2

scout68 09-18-2012 11:12 PM

It is an experience I will not forget. The first time we shared the pool with them was almost 9 years ago!

Butterflygirl35 09-18-2012 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie (Post 46201490)
One of the simple pleasures of WDW is while staying at the WL, waking up very early, putting on your swimsuit, going down to the empty pool to enjoy some quality time swimming with the family of ducks, who use the pool when everyone else is asleep!

Has a anyone else enjoyed this experience? Are there families of ducks at other resorts?

Yes they decided to join us at the Courtyard pool in Grand Floridian until some over excited kids scared them away...

That being said they crash my pool all the time at home as well, we are SFL residents...

CuteAsMinnie 09-18-2012 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butterflygirl35 (Post 46201545)
Yes they decided to join us at the Courtyard pool in Grand Floridian until some over excited kids scared them away...

That being said they crash my pool all the time at home as well, we are SFL residents...

Oh, what fun!:yay:

Kiddies, please don't scare away the ducks!:scared1: Watching them is more fun, especially underwater!:rolleyes1

mamamary 09-19-2012 05:51 AM

My kids swam with ducks at CSR (in the middle of the afternoon) in one of the quiet pools.

almcg 09-19-2012 05:51 AM

My DD12 ending up swimming with the ducks at the Dolphin Lap Pool. They had been walking around the pool and one of the Waiters tried to chase them away. It was only ever going to end one way and she ended up swimming with a Mummy duck and her three ducklings. Very cute:goodvibes

cvjw 09-19-2012 07:53 AM

We were swimming at the BCV quiet pool one afternoon when a mother duck and about 8 ducklings got in the pool with us to swim. Everything was going great until mother duck had to go to the bathroom. It was disgusting, and went every where - you could see the pool water turning brown. After that, swimming with the ducks lost it's shine in our eyes.

Butterflygirl35 09-19-2012 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cvjw (Post 46203032)
We were swimming at the BCV quiet pool one afternoon when a mother duck and about 8 ducklings got in the pool with us to swim. Everything was going great until mother duck had to go to the bathroom. It was disgusting, and went every where - you could see the pool water turning brown. After that, swimming with the ducks lost it's shine in our eyes.

Ewww... Yes that would do it... Kiddies continue chasing the ducks

rznhal 09-19-2012 08:54 AM

I watched ducks swim in the pool at AKL while I ate breakfast last trip....it was too cold to get in though (unless you had feathers):)

Great memories!!

mouseketeermama 09-19-2012 08:58 AM

I don't have any pics of us swimming with them at the Poly, but we did! They were not afraid of us at all!

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...ker83/1216.jpg

mickeynut1 09-19-2012 09:22 AM

Quote:

We have seen several ducks in the pool many times and I love it :goodvibes. They have also walked right up to us when we were outside eating or just sitting by the pool. But we have also seen on several occasions where kids would chase them away :(.

dzorn 09-19-2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

I hate swimming with the ducks. Duck poop in the pool Yuck.

Denise in MI

bdklein 09-19-2012 03:20 PM

Quote:

And you can never catch them when playing Marco Polo with them :rotfl2:

king kamehameha 09-19-2012 07:14 PM

This is a typical morning at the Polynesian! :thumbsup2 [IMG]http://i1121.photobucket.com/albums/...ps65fb9958.jpg[/IMG]

PoohsFan1 09-19-2012 10:01 PM

Last May we swam with the ducks in the BCV pool. I was sitting on a lounge chair watching DH and both of my kids swim when all of a sudden 4 baby ducklings came waddling in to take an afternoon swim. They were so cute and no one bothered them. Mama duck did decide to come join in the fun by flying into the pool. When mama duck decided to swoop in, it was right when my youngest DD went underwater, which was a good thing because I think DD would of freaked out seeing mama duck swooping in right over her head :rotfl:. Mama duck was just coming to retrieve her ducklings because they all got out of the pool and waddled away. It was so cute to watch :goodvibes.