The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   DVC Member Services (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   Points Transfer Question - Getting Points that I don't own (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2994742)

js 09-18-2012 03:15 PM

Points Transfer Question - Getting Points that I don't own
 
Hi.
I own at SSR, September Use Year.

If I want to make a ressie for next August at BLT, can I have someone with BLT points transfer their points to me so I can make the ressie on my own or should I find a BLT owner and rent the points from them and they make the ressie.

I do not have any more points left for September 2013 SSR since I did a point transfer to another member since I needed to stay in a Disney hotel for March for my ds's baseball tournament and my August trip next year will just be my mother and me as a "bonus" extra trip.

Since I transfered out points, does that mean I cannot get a transfer in but I really could get a Septmeber 2012 U/Y point transfer, is that corrrect?

Thank you VERY much!

CarolMN 09-18-2012 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by js (Post 46197724)
Hi.
I own at SSR, September Use Year.

If I want to make a ressie for next August at BLT, can I have someone with BLT points transfer their points to me so I can make the ressie on my own or should I find a BLT owner and rent the points from them and they make the ressie.

It's your choice. I personally would prefer a transfer so that I could control the reservation myself. Assuming you want to reserve before the 7 month window, you would need to get a transfer of BLT points that would be valid for your planned August 2013 vacation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by js (Post 46197724)
I do not have any more points left for September 2013 SSR since I did a point transfer to another member since I needed to stay in a Disney hotel for March for my ds's baseball tournament and my August trip next year will just be my mother and me as a "bonus" extra trip.

You have used up your one point transfer for use year 2013. You are allowed one point transfer per use year, either into your account or out of it, but not both in the same use year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by js (Post 46197724)
Since I transfered out points, does that mean I cannot get a transfer in but I really could get a Septmeber 2012 U/Y point transfer, is that corrrect?

Thank you VERY much!

As stated above, you cannot do any more transfers into or out of your 2013 use year. You could do one for 2012, though. Be sure any 2012 use year points you get will be valid for the August 2013 vacation. Ask MS before you do the transfer to be sure.

BLT points with 2012 use years of September, October, & December would work. For those use years, an August 2013 vacation falls within the 2012 use year.

js 09-19-2012 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarolMN (Post 46198378)
It's your choice. I personally would prefer a transfer so that I could control the reservation myself. Assuming you want to reserve before the 7 month window, you would need to get a transfer of BLT points that would be valid for your planned August 2013 vacation.

You have used up your one point transfer for use year 2013. You are allowed one point transfer per use year, either into your account or out of it, but not both in the same use year.

As stated above, you cannot do any more transfers into or out of your 2013 use year. You could do one for 2012, though. Be sure any 2012 use year points you get will be valid for the August 2013 vacation. Ask MS before you do the transfer to be sure.

BLT points with 2012 use years of September, October, & December would work. For those use years, an August 2013 vacation falls within the 2012 use year.

Thank you very much. SO, if I wanted a transfer, I need to find the following (I will double check with MS too):

2012 U/Y (Since I cannot transfer into 2013 U/Y)
I need someone with BLT points
I want to go end of August, so I can get a transfer for:
U/Y 2012 September, October and December (not November, why?)

I guess I would want to do the transfer this week so I can be set to go at the 11 month mark to get exactly what I wanted.

Thanks so much!

js 09-19-2012 06:56 PM

Hi. I'm very interested thinking I am doing a transfer.
Can you please tell me if above (what I asked) is correct?
THANKS sooo much! :wave2:

gripp35 09-19-2012 07:18 PM

This makes sense to me. Be sure that if the other member has Oct/Dec UY that you get their correct UY transferred (i.e. Not their current UY points). And since the vacation is in your 2012 UY _and_ their 2012 UY, I don't think you should have to worry about banking thier points (can get confusing sometimes with UY, but yours should be "simple" haha!).
Hopefully you'll get some more responses to boost your confidence! Good luck!

js 09-19-2012 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gripp35 (Post 46210202)
This makes sense to me. Be sure that if the other member has Oct/Dec UY that you get their correct UY transferred (i.e. Not their current UY points). And since the vacation is in your 2012 UY _and_ their 2012 UY, I don't think you should have to worry about banking thier points (can get confusing sometimes with UY, but yours should be "simple" haha!).
Hopefully you'll get some more responses to boost your confidence! Good luck!

Thanks so much!
Why not a 2012 November U/Y but a September, October and December.
THANKS!

LisaS 09-19-2012 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by js (Post 46210338)
Why not a 2012 November U/Y but a September, October and December.

Because there is no such thing as a November Use Year. There are only eight Use Years: Feb, Mar, Apr, Jun, Aug, Sep, Oct and Dec.

js 09-19-2012 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LisaS (Post 46210819)
Because there is no such thing as a November Use Year. There are only eight Use Years: Feb, Mar, Apr, Jun, Aug, Sep, Oct and Dec.

Well this is my "learn something new every day" moment LOL
THANKS!

js 09-19-2012 08:45 PM

Someone answered my request but just said this to me:

Not sure this will work out for you. I just got my points on 8/1/12 (haven't banked them) and would need to be used by 7/31/13.

Is this correct? Shouldn't the points need to be used by July 31, 2014.
Also, this person having a July U/Y, could I get a transfer from them
and book an August 2013 trip?

Thanks so much.

CarolMN 09-19-2012 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by js (Post 46211072)
Someone answered my request but just said this to me:

Not sure this will work out for you. I just got my points on 8/1/12 (haven't banked them) and would need to be used by 7/31/13.

Is this correct? Shouldn't the points need to be used by July 31, 2014.
Also, this person having a July U/Y, could I get a transfer from them
and book an August 2013 trip?

Thanks so much.

This member has an August use year. (There is no July use year).

A transfer from that member's 2012 use year might work for you. The sender should NOT bank the points if he/she is going to transfer them. Banked points cannot be transferred. Transferred points can be banked by the recipient (you). Again, ask MS to be sure that these points would work for the reservation you want before you finalize arrangements for the transfer.

gripp35 09-19-2012 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by js
Someone answered my request but just said this to me:

Not sure this will work out for you. I just got my points on 8/1/12 (haven't banked them) and would need to be used by 7/31/13.

Is this correct? Shouldn't the points need to be used by July 31, 2014.
Also, this person having a July U/Y, could I get a transfer from them
and book an August 2013 trip?

Thanks so much.

As PP said, they have an Aug UY, this will NOT work for your Aug 2013 trip!

gripp35 09-19-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by js
Someone answered my request but just said this to me:

Not sure this will work out for you. I just got my points on 8/1/12 (haven't banked them) and would need to be used by 7/31/13.

Is this correct? Shouldn't the points need to be used by July 31, 2014.
Also, this person having a July U/Y, could I get a transfer from them
and book an August 2013 trip?

Thanks so much.

I might have spoken too soon. Actually, although you can't transfer banked points, you can bank transferred points, so if they transferred the 2012 Aug UY points into your account, MS should be able to bank them into their 2013 UY (but still your 2012) and make your Aug 2013 reservations, but you should verify with MS before actually making the transfer.

js 09-20-2012 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gripp35 (Post 46211825)
I might have spoken too soon. Actually, although you can't transfer banked points, you can bank transferred points, so if they transferred the 2012 Aug UY points into your account, MS should be able to bank them into their 2013 UY (but still your 2012) and make your Aug 2013 reservations, but you should verify with MS before actually making the transfer.

Thanks but it sounds like a recipe for disaster or MS.
I will just keep checking to see if I can find someone to do the transfer and double check with you all about the U/Y and if I can use for my trip.

I greatly appreciate it!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.