The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Collectors Board (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Anyone Collected Disney Hallmark Ornaments (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2993579)

Carstairs38 09-16-2012 01:58 PM

Anyone Collected Disney Hallmark Ornaments

A couple years back, I started collecting Hallmark ornaments. I collect any I like, but their Disney ornaments seem to come home with me quite frequently. Anyone else collect them?

KuraiKodoku 09-18-2012 05:53 PM

I do, if I see any cute looking ones I snatch them up. Hallmark already has their ornaments in store and I bought two so far. Didn't seen any Disney ones I really really wanted. I was debating on the Eeyore one I'll think on it, and I might get it as it gets closer to Christmas. Now that I finally broke down and bought a fake tree for the holidays, I've been buying more ornaments.

Carstairs38 09-19-2012 03:08 AM

I'm trying to get a variety of Disney characters and something for every Pixar movie, so Merida came home with me. And I love the Grumpy/Dopey ornament and I collect all three Disney and Disney/Pixar series.... (I also collect Peanuts and just any ornament I like.)

Yeah, I have a serious Hallmark ornament problem to go with my Disney pin problem.

tony609 09-21-2012 01:28 AM

I have been collecting the hallmark Disney ornaments, theme park ornaments for years. About 15 or more. I usually buy 2-4 hallmark ones a year. I love them.

karen l 09-24-2012 09:44 PM

I collect them - it's an addiction. I've been a member of the collector club for years & have more ornaments than tree branches. :eek:

glenpreece 09-25-2012 06:29 PM

I have so many Disney Hallmark Ornies. I have 2 full disney trees thanks to my hallmark obsession

BeckyEsq 09-26-2012 02:09 PM

I love them. I have been getting my two goddaughters Disney princess ornaments the past few years. I think so far I've given them Cinderella, Tiana, Rapunzel and this year will be Merida. I have a little collection started for my daughter too. Last year I got her a pink Minnie Mouse since that was the theme for her first birthday party. This year I got the Monsters Inc. one. I like that they are not breakable!

sailorstitch 10-06-2012 05:26 PM

I collect them too! I just picked up the Precious Moments Rapunzel today. It's was the only one in the store.

Does anybody know why the Mickey's Christmas Carol series was canceled?

sailorstitch

Sparrow624 10-06-2012 10:38 PM

DW had 12 years worth...

84 Disney ornaments in total....yeah...

This being said, we love Christmas more than Disney and probably go way overboard on the decorations (we have 4 trees). Combining the 2 was dangerous for us...

glenpreece 10-06-2012 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sailorstitch (Post 46368188)
I collect them too! I just picked up the Precious Moments Rapunzel today. It's was the only one in the store.

Does anybody know why the Mickey's Christmas Carol series was canceled?

sailorstitch

Really I didn't realize it was canceled. Is Jimminy the last one this year???

sailorstitch 10-07-2012 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glenpreece (Post 46370772)
Really I didn't realize it was canceled. Is Jimminy the last one this year???

Our Hallmark store told us that there wasn't one for this year at all. :confused: We were told the whole series was canceled. :eek: Which makes no sense since we always had to put our name on a wait list to get the first couple. You can't tell me that they weren't selling well.

I can't remember if our store had a Jimminy Cricket ornament.... He's not on their website.... If there is a JC one this year, going by what we were told, he's not part of the Christmas Carol series.

sailorstitch

karen l 10-07-2012 07:04 AM

I bought the Jiminy ornament. He's the Ghost of Christmas Past. I'm a member of Hallmark's KOC & there was no mention of the line being cancelled. If you search online, you'll find a picture of Jiminy.

sailorstitch 10-07-2012 12:33 PM

Ok, I found a picture of one on Ebay. You're right he is part of the series. I vaguely remember seeing him at Hallmark yesterday. I didn't pay much attention to him when I was there. He wasn't clearly marked as part of the Mickey's Christmas Carol series like the others have been. And I wasn't looking for anything from Mickey's Christmas Carol because it was a couple months ago that we were told the series was canceled.

I'll have to get back in there and grab him before he's gone. I also need to pick up the Winnie-the-Pooh "Baby's 1st Christmas" ornament for my best friend. She and her husband just had their first child this summer.

sailorstitch

stitchlovestink 10-10-2012 03:01 AM

Yes, this is terrible addicition. I collect disney ornaments in general.
I don't keep count as to how man I have as I would probably :faint:!!
My priority ones are the Disney Precious Moments ones. And then I love the motion or animated ones or the ones that have sound. I have been collecting the Hallmark ones for several years now. I can't fit all of them on one tree.
They're just so cute...how can you not buy them??

One time I came home from Disney and found that I had 43 ornaments in my suitcase. I have no idea how that happened?? :rotfl2:

LostBoy89 11-02-2012 07:19 AM

I have a terrible addiction with Disney ornaments. Both Hallmark and Disney Store ones. I've already bought almost all of the 2012 Disney Store ornaments. So far I've only picked up 3 from Hallmark this year. I will be making many more trips back though.

Here are just a few of my ornaments as of last year:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...mfro1_1280.png

This is an old photo, so it doesn't include any of my new ones. (Also there are some non Disney ones in there)