The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   The College Board (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   A couple of dumb questions (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2993167)

TedMosby 09-15-2012 04:10 PM

A couple of dumb questions

There isn't a presentation anywhere near me, so to get the ball rolling for Spring 2013 do I just watch the online version and then talk to my academic advisor?

I'm only a Freshman, but that doesn't matter, right? As long as I'm enrolled when I apply everything else is irrelevant? Do you guys think it might be a better idea to wait and apply for Fall 2013 instead?

And last, I don't have any prior work experience, will this negatively affect my chances? Most of the threads I've read here say they ask about work experience during the interview.

I've wanted to do the CP ever since I was a kid so now that it's time to actually apply I feel a little overwhelmed :p

Joanna71985 09-15-2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TedMosby (Post 46168185)
There isn't a presentation anywhere near me, so to get the ball rolling for Spring 2013 do I just watch the online version and then talk to my academic advisor?

I'm only a Freshman, but that doesn't matter, right? As long as I'm enrolled when I apply everything else is irrelevant? Do you guys think it might be a better idea to wait and apply for Fall 2013 instead?

And last, I don't have any prior work experience, will this negatively affect my chances? Most of the threads I've read here say they ask about work experience during the interview.

I've wanted to do the CP ever since I was a kid so now that it's time to actually apply I feel a little overwhelmed :p

*You don't actually have to attend a presentation. You can do everything online

*Doesn't matter. I know lots of people who applied in the first semester and were accepted

*It shouldn't make a difference. I know people (myself included) that the CP was the first job

TedMosby 09-16-2012 05:35 PM

Thanks a lot. I set up an appointment with my advisor tomorrow so with any luck I'll have applied by the end of the night. :thumbsup2

TedMosby 09-17-2012 05:44 PM

I passed the WBI :cool1:

psherman42 09-17-2012 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TedMosby (Post 46187761)

Congrats!

Joanna71985 09-20-2012 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TedMosby (Post 46187761)

Congrats!

TedMosby 09-28-2012 11:04 AM

So is 17 minutes a decent length for the phone interview? I was pretty nervous so I was kind of short and to the point with some of the questions, but I did make sure to ask her some things after we finished.

She was super friendly so I'm not too worried about coming off poorly, but it can't hurt to ask you guys I guess

Savvy 09-28-2012 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TedMosby (Post 46291927)
So is 17 minutes a decent length for the phone interview? I was pretty nervous so I was kind of short and to the point with some of the questions, but I did make sure to ask her some things after we finished.

She was super friendly so I'm not too worried about coming off poorly, but it can't hurt to ask you guys I guess

No 17 minutes is great! I've seen where some people's phone interview only lasts 5-8 minutes! You have nothing to worry about! :)

vickyp91 10-03-2012 02:20 AM

My phone interview was only 8 minutes and I was accepted!! I'm doing my CP now. Don't worry!