The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Budget Board (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Coupon Storage Help (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2991655)

tgeorge0207 09-12-2012 04:35 PM

Coupon Storage Help

So I will have to admit it my DH is an extreme couponer ::yes:: Not exactly like you see on the show as we do not have a store the doubles coupons. But lets say I have 64 bottles of salad dressing all free razors to last a year shampoo and conditioner, body soap and lotion, toothpaste and toothbrushes, hair products and so much more. :confused3:confused3 All for FREE :cool1::cool1::cool1: Here is the thing though he gets like 30 of each add everyone Sunday from our work. I need to figure out how to store them as it is creating clutter and I hate clutter. Any advise would be so much needed at this point as I am ready to throw them away.

TIA

Tiffany

lynnanddbyz 09-13-2012 07:48 AM

There are two ways that I recommend for coupond storage. A coupon binder is my favorite and my preference. Here is a link to how one looks.

http://www.thecouponpro.com/store/coupon-binder

You do not have to buy this system or any other I only offer the picture as a reference. Now is the perfect time of year to find the binders in the back to school sections. The inserts are baseball card inserts and can be found at stores like walmart, target, staples etc. The dividers can be purchased at the same stores.
The catergories need to work for you and how you coupon. I do not have babies so I do not need a section for diapers and wipes etc. General catagories work better and then subdivide as needed. Example Health and beauty and then gather toothpaste, shampoo, cosmetics together in that category.

The second way I recommend to organize is a box again here is a picture. But you can buy the supplies any where. Same rules for organizing apply. Even a show box would work.

http://refundcents.com/

I would also suggest a crate or box that you keep all of your supplies in. This would be a place to store inserts that need to be clipped, scissors, and also notes with all of your deals in them until they can all be sorted and put into the storage system you have choosen. This is a way to contain the clutter until it can be put in order.

If anything was not clear just PM me. I would be glad to answer any questions or share more ideas.

bearzabout 09-13-2012 12:46 PM

I use a 4x6 photo album. I just slip the coupons alphabetically by catagory into the 5 4x6 slots per page. If I get too many, I just add a page.

When I am at the store, I can flip open the pages and look at 10 at a time so I don't miss any.

It takes a bit of time to file them, but I don't care - its a fun hobby.

I used to use a 4x6 index card box with the catagories separated, but I'd have to search through all of them in each catagory to see what I had. Filing was a lot faster and it only took up a small space in the cart. Eventually, all of the coupons did not fit.

IMALOVNDISNEY 09-13-2012 05:35 PM

I too get multiple papers each week. I use plastic crate for my inserts. I use file dividers and divide them by the date the insert came out. I try to clip the ones I know I will definitely be using right away and they save the rest in the crate just in case I find a good sale on something else.

My clipped coupons are stored in a plastic shoe box w/cover I got from the $ store. I use index cards as dividers for each category and each store that I shop at. I have tried the binder and just didn't like it. Guess you can't teach an ole dog new tricks.

java 09-13-2012 06:00 PM

I'm a binder girl- but I don't get 30 copies of any of them! Our store only allows 4 coupons on an item anyway. For that size of stuff I would store the whole flyer- vs. clipping them all at once. Store by date and then I am sure he is using an online blogger to match up the coupons and they generally list which flyer the coupon was in.

The one I use lately has been matching mostly online coupons though. Since the real ones have been a bit light!

IMALOVNDISNEY 09-13-2012 06:25 PM

u

Quote:

Originally Posted by java (Post 46149781)
I'm a binder girl- but I don't get 30 copies of any of them! Our store only allows 4 coupons on an item anyway. For that size of stuff I would store the whole flyer- vs. clipping them all at once. Store by date and then I am sure he is using an online blogger to match up the coupons and they generally list which flyer the coupon was in.

The one I use lately has been matching mostly online coupons though. Since the real ones have been a bit light!

I don't think I explained myself properly. This is what I do. Thank you for clarifying it better. Although, I do clip the ones I know for sure I will use. The stores here only accept 4 like coupons as well. But, I will usually do to transactions (which they allow). And I live close enough the stores I can stop in multiple times a week if I'm in the area.