The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   W.I.S.H (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Runners: What's on your playlist? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2991348)

christinascreative 09-12-2012 08:08 AM

Runners: What's on your playlist?

What do you listen to while you run? Music? Podcasts? Audiobooks?

If it's music- what songs are you grooving to lately on your runs that get you through?
If it's podcasts- what one(s) do you love?
If it's books- share some suggestions :)

Threeh 09-12-2012 08:05 PM

I started with music.. Mostly hip hop fast stuff. I started listening to Disney podcasts now while I run. I really enjoy it. I also listen to books, I restarted Harry Potter, I use him on my long runs!!! Happy running!!! :0)

Mom2aJessieGirl 09-17-2012 08:18 PM

I've got a little bit of everything from Jimmy Buffet to Metallica. My absolute favorite though? The Clueless Soundtrack. :rotfl2:

shinysparklybubbles 09-18-2012 01:36 PM

I was just coming on here to post looking for Disney music that's good for running!

HootDad 09-18-2012 04:11 PM

Podcasts. Seriously. Some political (e.g. Rachel Maddow) and LOTS of Disney. DIS ('natch), WDW Fanboys, WDW Today. I find when I listen to talk the time goes faster.

John T - HootDad - http://www.thompsonfamilyweb.com - Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

erinna 09-18-2012 05:20 PM

Zombies, Run! Great fun ...although I'm almost out of episodes :-(

DonaldDuckFamily 09-18-2012 06:23 PM

Adele, Justin Bieber and Big Time Rush have been helping me get through my runs.

RunnerMomO 09-18-2012 06:37 PM

80's tunes...Aerosmith, Madonna, MC Hammer, Michael Jackson, a little Hairspray the Musical...very upbeat!

Jaina 09-18-2012 09:06 PM

I jog pretty slowly (we're talking 3.9 - 4.3 mph: short legs, still working on being in shape) but if I have the right music I can go for a lot longer than I would be able to otherwise! I have my music arranged by bpm (beats per minute) in itunes, and make playlists based on that. Some of my current favorites that I do most of my jogging to are some songs from "That Thing You Do!," a few from a Disney Dance Mix I bought at WDW in 1998, and other random country and pop that are the right bpm. :) I have a different playlist for walking tempos.

Carstairs38 09-19-2012 02:27 AM

I mostly listen to Christian music, so I put a random mix of that on my MP3 player. But I've got some Disney as well as other soundtracks that get mixed in as well. You never quite know what you'll get when you listen to my music on shuffle.

shinysparklybubbles 09-19-2012 09:24 AM

I just added Dig a little Deeper from Princess and the Frog.

christinascreative 09-19-2012 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mom2aJessieGirl (Post 46190003)
I've got a little bit of everything from Jimmy Buffet to Metallica. My absolute favorite though? The Clueless Soundtrack. :rotfl2:

Hmm. I might try that Clueless Soundtrack.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonaldDuckFamily (Post 46199450)
Adele, Justin Bieber and Big Time Rush have been helping me get through my runs.

Adele definitely helps me through my runs. She's got such a good beat to a lot of her songs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunnerMomO (Post 46199588)
80's tunes...Aerosmith, Madonna, MC Hammer, Michael Jackson, a little Hairspray the Musical...very upbeat!

I try upbeat too. I do 90's one hit (or 2 hit) wonders a lot, but I've got some 80's thrown in too. I might need to add MC Hammer, which then makes me think that I need Ice Ice Baby by Vanilla Ice. I've got Bell Biv DeVoe's Poison on there right now helping me through.

If people heard my playlist- they'd think I had the craziest taste in music.
Everything from Green Day, White Stripes, to Katrina & the Waves, the Go Go's, OK GO, *NSYNC, Britney Spears, and then 90's hip hop / rap- Notorious BIG, Mary J Blige, Missy Elliott, and more. I like to put it on shuffle- it's the most random music ever. ;)

Keep the song / artist recommendations coming. I love to keep adding new songs.

OhioStateBuckeye 09-20-2012 09:49 AM

I might have somewhat different tastes. I like to listen to movie soundtracks, like the orchestra music, not the music with words. Transformers, Pirates of the Caribbean, Tron, anything that is dramatic. Then I kind of make up a little story about why I am running. It works pretty well for me.

Kat73 09-22-2012 10:51 AM

My "Running" playlist is completely random. Kesha, Usher, One Direction, Eminem, Carly Simon Stevie Nicks and a million other things, with a lot of songs with the word "run" or "Running" In them just because I'm a dork and that makes me smile. I have a huge disney playlist but I like that better for when I come home after :)

Every once in a while I ditch the running playlist, yesterday I ran to David Crowder Band and had my longest run/fastest time :)

Also I don't time my music to anything it's completely hodgepodge.

I'd love some good book rec's.... unless the narrator voice is really awesome i don't do well with audio books of things I've read already, lose interest, so I haven't found anything that moves me to listen to while I run yet.

Mom2aJessieGirl 09-24-2012 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kat73 (Post 46233999)
My "Running" playlist is completely random. Kesha, Usher, One Direction, Eminem, Carly Simon Stevie Nicks and a million other things, with a lot of songs with the word "run" or "Running" In them just because I'm a dork and that makes me smile. I have a huge disney playlist but I like that better for when I come home after :)

Every once in a while I ditch the running playlist, yesterday I ran to David Crowder Band and had my longest run/fastest time :)

Also I don't time my music to anything it's completely hodgepodge.

I'd love some good book rec's.... unless the narrator voice is really awesome i don't do well with audio books of things I've read already, lose interest, so I haven't found anything that moves me to listen to while I run yet.

Well... I LOVED the Game of Thrones series (A Song of Ice and Fire is the series name). I got them off of audible.com. The narrator if fabulous. It feels like you are sitting around a campfire listening to stories! It's read by Roy Dotrice and he's just awesome. (Except book 4...it was originally read by someone else but he went back to re-record it due to fan demand!) He does the voices and that makes it so much more interesting!