The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Budget Board (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Share Your Latest Deals! For Christmas or EveryDay Shopping. (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2990775)

HeatherC 09-11-2012 07:12 AM

Share Your Latest Deals! For Christmas or EveryDay Shopping.

With the holidays quickly approaching, I know people are starting to think about saving money. Thought we could post deals as they come up to help each other save some cash.

My deal....Altrec Sale on NorthFace. Also use couponcode NORTHFACE15 to save additional 15 percent.

Just ordered DD a Womans Small NorthFace Denali Jacket for $67 shipped.

Hope this helps someone out.

Any other deals you care to share?

Sagginit 09-11-2012 10:13 AM

i was at target yesterday and noticed a few things on clearance people may want to pick up and look out for if they have them in stock at their local store. stationary: they had plain blue and green giftbag packs on clearance. i got one in blue, will put some snowflakes on it to use them at the holidays and if not i can put them away for later since they are plain (.98 for 5 small sizes ones!). college stuff is one sale, if you have a child that just went away they might appreciate it if you picked them up some of the little furniture accents (side tables, floor rocking chair things, lamps etc) and give them as a gift at the holidays to take back. they had these cute novelty things on clearance too, but only 50%, from fred flare. if they go to 70% i might pick one or two as stocking stuffers.

LJSquishy 09-11-2012 10:41 AM

The only Christmas deal I've scored so far was the My First Disney Princess Snow White Picnic Party doll at Target that rang up at $9 instead of $25.

I'm frequently checking my local TJ Maxx and Ross stores for other gifts. Last year I scored great deals at those stores finding the perfect toys on clearance. I always check Amazon on my phone while I'm there to make sure I'm getting a good deal because not everything there is a good price.

mrsbornkuntry 09-11-2012 10:51 AM

I have gotten a few deals so far, but I don't know that any of them are still going on so I'm reluctant to share. I keep an eye on slickdeals.net for good prices, especially on video games since that's most of what my kids ask for.

BubMunkeyBles 09-11-2012 11:31 AM

I got Little people buy 1 get 1 half off yesterday at Fred Meyer so picked up the castle and the Ariels chariot for DD. I was excited because I've yet to find good sales in Alaska that are actually cheaper than Amazon with free shipping. And there was an extra coupon the lady had... So I spent $55. :)

BeachLove 09-11-2012 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeatherC (Post 46119617)
With the holidays quickly approaching, I know people are starting to think about saving money. Thought we could post deals as they come up to help each other save some cash.

My deal....Altrec Sale on NorthFace. Also use couponcode NORTHFACE15 to save additional 15 percent.

Just ordered DD a Womans Small NorthFace Denali Jacket for $67 shipped.

Hope this helps someone out.

Any other deals you care to share?

Thanks! Unfortunately the code was listed as "invalid"

BeachLove 09-11-2012 02:44 PM

Anyone have good stocking stuffer ideas? I usually start in October and finish around Thanksgiving. Figured it doesn't hurt to get stocking stuffers ready. I need useful things. So far I have some forever stamps for adults.

3angelsmom 09-11-2012 03:27 PM

Love this thread. I'm starting to look now with the hope of being completely done by Black Friday.

Today I found a few stocking stuffers on the American Girl website....accessories and books marked half price. There's also a coupon code on retail me not for $10 off a $50 purchase. Hope that helps :)

jgreco 09-11-2012 03:41 PM

DS wanted this Lego Technic truck that hubby said would be sold out before Christmas. I got a 20% off coupon. It's the first time I've bought a gift before December lol.

HeatherC 09-11-2012 04:23 PM

BEACHLOVE..The code SHOULD work. I literally ordered from them right before I started this thread. Found the code on fatwallet or slickdeals this morning.

You could always call and have them apply the code.

Hope this helps!

UPDATE...I just tried it again and it still works. Maybe you need to clear your cookies? Good Luck!

mrsbornkuntry 09-11-2012 06:01 PM

Toys R Us has their squinkies buy one get one free. Usually you can get a better deal on Amazon, but I got a Mack squinkies carrier (my DS collects Cars ones) and a squinkies crane he also wanted and both of them were more expensive on Amazon before the BOGO, it was worth paying shipping, but I think the deal is in stores, too.

mrsbornkuntry 09-11-2012 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeachLove (Post 46124610)
Anyone have good stocking stuffer ideas? I usually start in October and finish around Thanksgiving. Figured it doesn't hurt to get stocking stuffers ready. I need useful things. So far I have some forever stamps for adults.

What age/genders are you looking for? A good place to shop for them is at Cracker Barrel and Tractor Supply Company.

DisneyFansInLINY 09-11-2012 06:19 PM

Toysrus has buy one get one half off Cutie Pop dolls. They are brand new and hard to find but I saw them available online yesterday and my TRU had a bunch. I got my daughter 3 (candi, chiffon, & cookie) of them. They are too cute!

4littleones 09-11-2012 08:36 PM

I got 2 Polly Pocket Super Fashion Collection sets for $32!!!!

1 set is originally $39.99.

Toys R Us has BOGO Free on all Polly Pockets at Toys R Us online and instore. In store it automatically combined the BOGOF deal with the $10 off for buying 2 of certain Polly Pockets but it took $5 of the free one and $5 off the $39.99 one. I also had a coupon for $5 off $25. So with tax and all it came to $32.

LJSquishy 09-11-2012 09:19 PM

Target has a temporary price cut on Lalaloopsy Littles dolls. I snagged one for $9.99, they are $16.99 regular price (and even more at Toys R Us).

Now I just need to find a great deal on a toy for an almost 4-year old boy and I'll be done shopping for my nieces & nephew!