The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   DLP in January? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2989696)

singsweetnightingale 09-09-2012 06:59 AM

DLP in January?

Hello! :wave2: I'm seriously thinking about booking a solo trip in January, (be nice to divert myself from uni and dissertation stress for a few days!) what is DLP like in January? I'm worried there might be a lot of closures? What should I expect weather wise?

I only got back 6 days ago and I'm already planning my next trip. :rotfl2:

DLPdaft 09-09-2012 07:11 AM

possibility of very very cold (ie well below freezing temps) and yes, a possibility for more closures and refurbs (this is standard practice between January and March each year at DLP).

But - the parks will be at their quietest, and personally, I'd go for it :goodvibes.

singsweetnightingale 09-09-2012 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DLPdaft (Post 46098169)
possibility of very very cold (ie well below freezing temps) and yes, a possibility for more closures and refurbs (this is standard practice between January and March each year at DLP).

But - the parks will be at their quietest, and personally, I'd go for it :goodvibes.

Good thing I like the cold then :rotfl: the thought of me bundled up in scarves and gloves in DLP makes me want to go more!

I think I might go for it, you know! The thought of a nice quiet park is lovely! ::yes::

jillrobinson 09-09-2012 11:00 AM

We went at the end of January this year and just to reiterate expect cold, and I mean cold it was recorded well into the minuses.
The fountain outside Plaza Gardens was frozen solid, people were standing on the ice for photos, the lake, all the water features including the ones on attractions such as Dumbo were frozen solid and as a result weren't working. Even ToT was closed one day and the CM's said that was due to the extreme low temperature.

On the plus side however an empty park and no queues, but personally I wouldn't want to do it again in those conditions. :)

poppie123 09-09-2012 11:07 AM

I have been at the very beginnning of January (between the 6th-12th) for the last 2 years and whilst it was cold it was not freezing.

We made sure we booked for the very last day of the Christmas season both times so we still got to see the tree lighting and castle lighting both years. It's quite strange visiting the park the following morning to find most of the xmas decs gone.

It's a great time to go with very low crowds although we have been lucky with the weather.

Going again in January 2013 and can't wait :cool1:

kizzabel 09-09-2012 11:20 AM

I am delighted to read this thread as we are off the end of January. Will just have to make sure to have loads of layers. It does sound very cosy and I love when the park is quiet. So much more is achievable!

How long had you planned on going for singsweetnightingale? Theres a great solo TR by Linda in the reports board. Will find and paste ;)

kizzabel 09-09-2012 11:23 AM

Here it is :
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2866129

singsweetnightingale 09-10-2012 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jillrobinson (Post 46100103)
We went at the end of January this year and just to reiterate expect cold, and I mean cold it was recorded well into the minuses.
The fountain outside Plaza Gardens was frozen solid, people were standing on the ice for photos, the lake, all the water features including the ones on attractions such as Dumbo were frozen solid and as a result weren't working. Even ToT was closed one day and the CM's said that was due to the extreme low temperature.

On the plus side however an empty park and no queues, but personally I wouldn't want to do it again in those conditions. :)

Woah :crazy2: that's crazy! Sounds like a sight to see though!

Quote:

Originally Posted by poppie123 (Post 46100178)
I have been at the very beginnning of January (between the 6th-12th) for the last 2 years and whilst it was cold it was not freezing.

We made sure we booked for the very last day of the Christmas season both times so we still got to see the tree lighting and castle lighting both years. It's quite strange visiting the park the following morning to find most of the xmas decs gone.

It's a great time to go with very low crowds although we have been lucky with the weather.

Going again in January 2013 and can't wait :cool1:

I was thinking I'd like to go for at least the last day of the Christmas season! It all looks so beautiful.

How were the queue times for things? I'm guessing very little queuing involved? Hopefully :rotfl:

singsweetnightingale 09-10-2012 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kizzabel (Post 46100290)
I am delighted to read this thread as we are off the end of January. Will just have to make sure to have loads of layers. It does sound very cosy and I love when the park is quiet. So much more is achievable!

How long had you planned on going for singsweetnightingale? Theres a great solo TR by Linda in the reports board. Will find and paste ;)

Yay! I just went from the 29th to the 3rd (first visit) so it'd be amazing to see the difference! When are you going?

I was thinking at least two nights, possibly up to four. I just know I'll need to get away from last year uni stress and where better to do it! Ooh thank you, I'll go have a look now! :)