The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Yachtsman (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2989299)

jamala 09-08-2012 11:11 AM

Yachtsman

Dh decided he wanted to do a signature this trip so I booked the yachtsman since we all love steak. We did Le Cellier last time and the kids were disappointed, they like big steaks--lol. We have 3 kids 6,14,17. I am trying to cut down packing and was wondering, will nice jeans and a disney polo shirt be ok for the dress code here? Dh does not want to stick out but he really doesn't want to have to a pack sports coat for the trip.

Also, is the surf and turf available on the Dining Plan?? My DD loves steak and lobster so this is what she wants to order.

Thanks,

Pakey 09-08-2012 11:20 AM

Jeans will be fine.

Does Yachtsman have a surf and turf? I don't remember that being on their menu but I haven't dined here in 2 years since we now go to Shulas instead.

scdak 09-08-2012 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamala (Post 46090180)
Dh decided he wanted to do a signature this trip so I booked the yachtsman since we all love steak. We did Le Cellier last time and the kids were disappointed, they like big steaks--lol. We have 3 kids 6,14,17. I am trying to cut down packing and was wondering, will nice jeans and a disney polo shirt be ok for the dress code here? Dh does not want to stick out but he really doesn't want to have to a pack sports coat for the trip.

Also, is the surf and turf available on the Dining Plan?? My DD loves steak and lobster so this is what she wants to order.

Thanks,

I dont know the answer but I have the same questions, I am sure answers will be forthcoming soon.

Trish.Glenn 09-08-2012 11:27 AM

Dh and I went last year he wore a polo and nice shorts. I may be wrong but I thought no jeans, ?? The steak was good and you can get anything on the menu on the DP but I do not remember surf and turf. Look up the menu, good luck

jamala 09-08-2012 11:28 AM

Their menu lists a surf and turf--butter poached lobster and strip steak. I hope if is on the dining plan because my dd has her heart set on it.

Brocktoon 09-08-2012 11:38 AM

Personally I wouldn't wear jeans to the Yachtsman, but I've seen people come in with bathing suit shorts and a t-shirt and they weren't turned away.

Trish.Glenn 09-08-2012 12:20 PM

Everything on the menu is on DP, so have a great meal!

Donna in NJ 09-08-2012 12:40 PM

We ate there in July 2011. It was hot 90+ degrees that day and most people were in shorts. My husband and I both had on dress shorts and fit right in. I don't remember if they has surf and turf but I had an amazing Scallop dish for appetizer and steak for entree.

nharding20 09-08-2012 03:51 PM

The updated menu on AllEars does NOT list a surf-n-turf entree. The WDW reservation 'sample menu' does - but it's anyone's guess how old that menu is.

http://allears.net/menu/menu_ys.htm

If your restaurant choice hinges completely on your daughter's entree order, I would call ahead to be certain. (but remember, things can always change if an item has run out that night, etc)

jamala 09-08-2012 03:54 PM

Thanks so much, she will always be happy with a steak but just liked the sound of the steak and lobster meal.

DISNEYWITHCHILDREN 09-08-2012 04:19 PM

Jeans and polo shirts are completely acceptable.

sfbank 09-08-2012 04:26 PM

As of August this year no lobster on the menu anymore. Our server said it had to do with the supplier and them having issues with the contract?:confused3 I was bummed but the lobster bisque and the onion bread poppers with roasted garlic were to die for!!!!:worship:
Everyone was at least in capris and dress shirts, no jeans that I could see.

jamala 09-08-2012 04:30 PM

She loves seafood bisque so I will be sure she orders that to go with her meal. She is a picky eater in that she likes steak, shrimp and lobster (I guess you could say expensive eater--lol). She doesn't eat many veggies but will eat a salad and baked potatoes but that is about it except for breakfast foods.

Jacket 09-08-2012 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sfbank (Post 46092871)
As of August this year no lobster on the menu anymore. Our server said it had to do with the supplier and them having issues with the contract?:confused3 I was bummed but the lobster bisque and the onion bread poppers with roasted garlic were to die for!!!!:worship:
Everyone was at least in capris and dress shirts, no jeans that I could see.

Does this just apply to Yachtsman? Specifically I am hoping Narcoossee's still has the Maine Lobster since it is their signature dish...

OKW Lover 09-08-2012 05:20 PM

According to the Yachtsman Menu here on the DIS dated 7/12 there is a surf and turf offering.

As far as jeans go, you can probably get away with them but something like khakis would be nicer.