The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney for Families (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Those who have used the Disney Encyclopedia of Characters for autographs (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2989086)

mmorris72 09-07-2012 08:59 PM

Those who have used the Disney Encyclopedia of Characters for autographs

I bought the Disney Encyclopedia of Characters for my kids to get autographs in and I was wondering what character you added that you found helpful. Also, if you care to share the pages it would be GREATLY appreciated.

TIA

atwinhusen 09-11-2012 01:44 PM

I added The Little Einsteins, Agent Oso, and Jake & the Neverland Pirates for the Hollywood & Vine character meal. The characters seemed really pleased that they were included in the book!

I also added Rapunzel, Tiana, and Mary Poppins, but didn't get to meet them :(.

LoriB0902 09-21-2012 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atwinhusen (Post 46123191)
I added The Little Einsteins, Agent Oso, and Jake & the Neverland Pirates for the Hollywood & Vine character meal. The characters seemed really pleased that they were included in the book!

I also added Rapunzel, Tiana, and Mary Poppins, but didn't get to meet them :(.

Did you find that the book was heavy/ bulky to carry around? ... we would need to carry two.

carseatmommy 09-21-2012 09:59 PM

We used it for our son and didn't add any pages. We didn't find it bulky to carry, but then again we carried it in the bag on the stroller. Our son was almost 3 and still in diapers when we went last year. This yr he will be almost 4 and is potty trained.

Susan

Missy13d69 09-21-2012 11:21 PM

If you go to the Kenny the Pirate blog, there's a complete list of all the characters that are currently scheduled at the parks. There is a chance that an unscheduled character may appear, but if there are any scheduled that aren't in the book, it could be helpful towards knowing who to add.

Bitsmommy 09-22-2012 06:48 PM

We carried 2 and just put them in the basket of our stroller. Those that weren't in there just signed the back or front covers.

ZoeisMommy 10-14-2012 04:43 AM

How are people "adding" pages?? I actually created some pages for a few people but didn't realize just how they are adding them.

ksloane 10-14-2012 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZoeisMommy (Post 46439239)
How are people "adding" pages?? I actually created some pages for a few people but didn't realize just how they are adding them.

Curious too

1Mouse2RulethemAll 10-14-2012 01:44 PM

From my understanding, they have the binding removed and have the pages spiral bound at and office supply store.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

mmorris72 10-14-2012 11:31 PM

Yes, I took it to Staples and they removed the binding and I added what I needed to the back of the book and then they spiral bound it.

ZoeisMommy 10-14-2012 11:57 PM

yes, ive discovered the pics in another thread...

purchased a copy for $1.75 for our trip and now working on the pages we need to add. they have turned out pretty awesome :)

cant wait till it gets here and i can have them added

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i3...Page-001-1.png

gapoochi 10-15-2012 05:41 PM

how were you able to get it for so little?
thanks!

ZoeisMommy 10-15-2012 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gapoochi
how were you able to get it for so little?
thanks!

Lakeside had it in their truckload sale :) paid like $5 in shipping but was still cheaper than amazon!!!

kamiron0 10-18-2012 08:46 AM

I bought my book off Barns and Noble. It was a used book, but was listed in good condition. I paid $8 total with shipping. The book came and I was disappointed because there was marker written on the cover and the first page. I sent them an e-mail and they totally refunded my money and I was able to keep the book! I ended up just making a new cover by using Disney scrapbook paper and stickers, had it laminated, and re-binded at Staples. The scrapbook paper and stickers were the most money (because I went overboard), but it only cost me around $8 to get it re-binded and laminated at staples. I'm so happy with it! I can't wait for my girls to see it!:yay:

Kimberly Hill 10-19-2012 09:29 PM

Heads up, there's a typo on Oso's page: Special agent who works witg [sic]