The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Photopass CD and Photopass Plus (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2987026)

>Ash< 09-04-2012 09:12 AM

Photopass CD and Photopass Plus
 
Hi Guys,

travelling in october got a question... never used photopass cd before as never really thought of buying many pictures however as this is our honeymoon trip i thought we would be having alot more piccys done with the photopass photographers so the cd will be worth the money.

but my questions are:-

do you need to preorder this? ive heard people preordering it, will their be plenty in the park to obtain one?

do i buy the cd on the first day or once i have collected all the pics throughout the stay?

if you have any links to more info on the photopass cd that would be amazing as im prettry in the dark about it.

does the photopass cd include all pics you have taken by photopass CM i know it excludes ride photos and dining meals pictures so im contemplating paying for the plus to make sure i can get everything :)

any info would be great, thanks guys

smitch425 09-04-2012 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by >Ash< (Post 46044254)
Hi Guys,

travelling in october got a question... never used photopass cd before as never really thought of buying many pictures however as this is our honeymoon trip i thought we would be having alot more piccys done with the photopass photographers so the cd will be worth the money.

but my questions are:-

do you need to preorder this? ive heard people preordering it, will their be plenty in the park to obtain one? preordering saves you money, see below

do i buy the cd on the first day or once i have collected all the pics throughout the stay? You add the CD to your cart AFTER your trip. You can add borders and signatures to your pics. see first link below for more info.

if you have any links to more info on the photopass cd that would be amazing as im prettry in the dark about it.

does the photopass cd include all pics you have taken by photopass CM i know it excludes ride photos and dining meals pictures so im contemplating paying for the plus to make sure i can get everything :)

any info would be great, thanks guys

Start here...

http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disneysphotopass/

Some FAQ and info about Photopass PLUS...

http://www.facebook.com/notes/disney...50650931518325

The regular Photopass preorder link (saves you $50)...

http://www.disneyphotopass.com/previsitoffer.aspx

The Photopass PLUS preorder link (saves you $30)...

http://www.disneyphotopass.com/wdwphotopassplus.aspx

Feel free to ask any additional questions! :goodvibes

Cherinva 09-04-2012 09:20 AM

the advantage of pre-order is a discount. However, I"m not sure there is still a discount on the PhotoPass Plus. I've bought the photopass several times...this year I pre-ordered the photopass plus, just because of the ride photos and restaurants....it will actually save us money.

SPHB ILU 09-04-2012 09:39 AM

Websites are hard for me to understand but this video explained it all perfectly I me! I found it on YouTube yesterday! Preordered this morning! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltHPE...93HxeRkD456VJg

vicki_c 09-04-2012 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherinva
the advantage of pre-order is a discount. However, I"m not sure there is still a discount on the PhotoPass Plus. I've bought the photopass several times...this year I pre-ordered the photopass plus, just because of the ride photos and restaurants....it will actually save us money.

There is still the Plus Pre order discount, as well as the regular PP Pre order discount.

SPHB ILU 09-05-2012 08:17 AM

Yes definitely preorder if you plan on getting either card! Saves money!!!

Nanny2004 09-08-2012 12:31 AM

Is there such a thing as ordering too soon?
 
I am thinking of getting the photo pass + for my trip in late February 2013. Is it too soon to preorder? Does the voucher have an expiration date?

laurba99 10-05-2012 03:19 PM

I wish I had known to pre-order-it is much pricier after and if you take lots of photos like we did you will want the whole CD. Each monday though the photopass site does post new discounts. I am hoping that this coming Monday they post another $15 off photopass CD. I saw it when I first got home and didn't realize the discounts on the site change weekly (each monday morning (I just called) they post new discounts)

cmh314 10-05-2012 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nanny2004 (Post 46087365)
I am thinking of getting the photo pass + for my trip in late February 2013. Is it too soon to preorder? Does the voucher have an expiration date?

I'm wondering this too. Anyone know?

BuzzLiteyear 10-05-2012 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmh314

I'm wondering this too. Anyone know?

As far as I know, there is no expiration. When we got ours for our August trip, we could have used it for our December trip.

BuzzLiteyear 10-05-2012 05:20 PM

Also, to the OP, if you're thinking of getting it preorder it. You'll save money and you won't regret having all those pics.

Lynnp 10-07-2012 09:24 PM

I am planning on getting photopass+ for my next trip but was kinda bummed hat you only get 1 card. I found this tip on thmouseforless....has anyone tried this or heard of it working?

"Take a picture of your PhotoPass+ number with your phone. If you lose your card, Disney will still able to scan the number right off your phone! If your party has multiple phones, keep a scan of the card on each phone as PhotoPass readers can read these scans. If your party splits up, each person with a phone will have and can use the PhotoPass+ card individually. It's like having more than one card to use for your entire party!"

vicki_c 10-08-2012 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynnp
I am planning on getting photopass+ for my next trip but was kinda bummed hat you only get 1 card. I found this tip on thmouseforless....has anyone tried this or heard of it working?

"Take a picture of your PhotoPass+ number with your phone. If you lose your card, Disney will still able to scan the number right off your phone! If your party has multiple phones, keep a scan of the card on each phone as PhotoPass readers can read these scans. If your party splits up, each person with a phone will have and can use the PhotoPass+ card individually. It's like having more than one card to use for your entire party!"

A PP cast member posted here and said that was not to be done. It was a thread citing that same Mouse forLess item. Some people argued and said the PP people (on the phone I think) told them it was ok. So I don't know the answer, but the photographer that posted here was quite adamant about it not being allowed from what I recall.

Betty Rohrer 10-08-2012 07:31 PM

when we used the plus in Aug, i just had them get number of ride photo and then went back to the ride and added photo. i did th same day but have heard that it can be done the next day. all ride photos were there.

Lynnp 10-09-2012 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vicki_c (Post 46381584)
A PP cast member posted here and said that was not to be done. It was a thread citing that same Mouse forLess item. Some people argued and said the PP people (on the phone I think) told them it was ok. So I don't know the answer, but the photographer that posted here was quite adamant about it not being allowed from what I recall.

Thanks. I must have missed that post. I thought there ws a good chance it was a no-no. You wouldn't want it too easy to share accounts.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.