The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Tusker House vs. Chef Mickey Breakfast (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2986588)

mickey24 09-03-2012 02:09 PM

Tusker House vs. Chef Mickey Breakfast

I know it has beeen asked before, but please give me your opinions on TH vs. CM breakfasts. We were excited about CM, but now are hearing so many negative reviews that I am torn. Plus we are doing MNSSHP that day and will be at the MK all evening. Staying at AKL, I almost think it would be better not to have to travel so far twice in one day.

CajunMomof3 09-03-2012 02:12 PM

I love having breakfast in the park before the park opens. It is so nice to walk through uncrowded streets and already be in the park when the mass chaos of Rope Drop happens. So, I would vote for Tusker House (which has a an amazing selction).

wdwfann 09-03-2012 02:15 PM

:goodvibes Agree with the PP. Walking in the park before it opens is AWESOME. Then a quick walk to Safari. :cool1: You're on the ride before most have even entered the park. :lovestruc

DisneyDad222 09-03-2012 02:41 PM

We tried Tusker house pre-rope drop on our last trip with 4 adults and our ds3. Arrived right on time, oly to wait in line for over 30 minutes to get a picture taken with Donald. Then finally sat down and before we could get food, the characters were at our table. So we snuck away one at a time to grab food. And we were having a good time.

But then the photo people visited our table. We had prepaid for a photo pass cd and given them the card before they too the photo. But they said they didn't honor that, it would be $40 for the pictures. So not only did we have to wait in line for 30 minutes after making a reservation 6 months in advance, but now we have to pay for the photos we had prepaid for and that they had us wait for. This was the one and only time I've ever been rude to a cast member.

My advice is to avoid the Breakfast Safari at all costs. Or at least make sure you bring your patience and extra cash with you.

DW2010 09-03-2012 03:09 PM

I hear you can just skip the photo if you want. I don't think Donald makes his rounds inside but that's not a huge deal to us. I'd rather just get in there, eat and then get out before the park opens so we can head to Safari.

mickey24 09-03-2012 03:58 PM

LOL... ok, I should have prefaced this and said that we are not early risers and don't rush to the parks. Our current breakfast at Chef Mickeys (and the ADR I can get at TH) is at 10:15 so we won't be going into the park early. I didn't even know about the photo pass thing (and don't care either way) so that is not much of a factor.

Just really curious which meal is better and if CM is worth the trip in the morning, when we are heading back to the MK that night for MNSSHP.
TIA!

Gowahoowa 09-03-2012 04:15 PM

IMO, Tusker is the best breakfast buffet in WDW!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickey24 (Post 46036883)
LOL... ok, I should have prefaced this and said that we are not early risers and don't rush to the parks. Our current breakfast at Chef Mickeys (and the ADR I can get at TH) is at 10:15 so we won't be going into the park early. I didn't even know about the photo pass thing (and don't care either way) so that is not much of a factor.

Just really curious which meal is better and if CM is worth the trip in the morning, when we are heading back to the MK that night for MNSSHP.
TIA!

Pakey 09-03-2012 06:00 PM

I think Tusker House is the better choice. We do late breakfast and love it there because it has so many non-breakfast foods so it's more like a brunch for us.

cayennews 01-05-2013 09:09 PM

These comments are very helpful. We are trying to figure out which breakfast to go to.

lemondog 01-05-2013 09:20 PM

Food at TH is FAR superior to that at CM.

autismgoesdisney 01-05-2013 09:51 PM

Tusker House for sure!

2012DisneyWorldBride 01-05-2013 10:03 PM

My vote is Tusker House! We just went there for the first time and LOVED it. They have an amazing selection and dont forget to try to Jungle Juice! YUMMMMMMMM

BeBeCee 01-05-2013 10:07 PM

Now I have that feeling of ADR remorse! We absolutely loved Tusker House and all of the yummy breakfast offerings. It and 'Ohana are our faves. And we had a CM take the pic with Donald with my camera (great decision since we did avoid the additional $40) and highly recommend to go that way.

We have breakfast at Chef Mickey's scheduled for our first day and it will be our first experience there. I guess we will stick it out to say we have done it, but after reading everyone's comments, boo!

pixarmom 01-05-2013 11:20 PM

We've been to both Tusker and Chef Mickeys (several times), and given the choice, would absolutely choose Tusker. Just overall better food quality/ selection and less chaotic at Tusker. We're a family of five with very different tastes, and Tusker has something for everyone.

BeBeCee, don't feel bad! I do think everyone should try Chef Mickey's at least once! It's a Disney bucket list thing. If you're like us, you may not enjoy it as much as Tusker, but it's still fun! We've been to Chef Mickey's several times and even though it's no longer on our dining rotation, we don't regret it one bit!

allstonsmommy 01-05-2013 11:23 PM

We have done both and we prefer TH over CM... and getting in the park before opening is a HUGE bonus!!