The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Camping at Disney World (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Anyone ready for halloween 2012 at the Fort?!?! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2986380)

Blaze12 09-03-2012 03:20 AM

Anyone ready for halloween 2012 at the Fort?!?!
 
I can not WAIT!!!!! We are only going a couple days, one of which is Halloween night. I was disappointed about canceling the haunted horse ride through FW. Any leaks of what activities are, etc, this year? Does anyone know if they are doing the Halloween character meal again?

AuntBJ 09-03-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blaze12 (Post 46031890)
I can not WAIT!!!!! We are only going a couple days, one of which is Halloween night. I was disappointed about canceling the haunted horse ride through FW. Any leaks of what activities are, etc, this year? Does anyone know if they are doing the Halloween character meal again?

Knock on wood, we will be there. Since all my reservations have come together, I keep saying something will probably come up that we have to cancel.

Like you we were disappointed that they cancelled the haunted carriage ride. We will probably try to do a regular carriage ride or the wagon ride. I've never done either one.

Who else will be there?

FWRR3 09-06-2012 11:34 PM

"The Little FWRR" is planning on being there for our third Halloween to hand out candy for Trick or Treat again. We'll be in a premium loop. I'll post the site number a day or two before Halloween. party:

AuntBJ 09-07-2012 08:19 AM

Just picked up an order at Wal-mart. What do you think:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/4.5-Tall-x...amper/20977354

http://www.walmart.com/ip/3-Tall-Air...Mouse/20977332

Now I have to decide what to do with the golf cart and get started on the treats.

We missed seeing the train in operation last year. We went by before you were open one day and then left right after Halloween. I definitely don't want to miss it this year.

FWRR3 09-08-2012 02:12 AM

AuntBJ, your blowups will look great! Hope you can come by on Halloween. I think we'll be arriving the day before Halloween, so if all goes well I should have the trains running that evening, and then to dispense candy for Trick or Treat. We'll have to start tearing down as soon as Trick or Treat is over.pixiedust:

2goofycampers 09-08-2012 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AuntBJ (Post 46077934)

Looks great. We should get a decoration swap going! ;)

wld 09-08-2012 11:47 AM

We will be there! Our first time camping at the fort although we have stayed in the cabins. Picked this week especially for halloween!

AuntBJ 09-08-2012 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wld (Post 46089956)
We will be there! Our first time camping at the fort although we have stayed in the cabins. Picked this week especially for halloween!

Great choice! Will you be participating in Trick or Treating?

Did some shopping today. Got some candy and some craft stuff.

Oh, by the way, Joann's Fabrics had some cute Disney Halloween Bags in their $1 bin.

AuntBJ 09-08-2012 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2goofycampers (Post 46088116)
Looks great. We should get a decoration swap going! ;)

Great idea! I love to share, especially stuff I have made (if anyone else wants it). I guess it would be a little difficult for Halloween, as we will be there the week of Halloween.

Our Christmas trip is the week after Thanksgiving and I usually pass some things along when I leave. Even though we will be at ASMu, I would much rather pass anything I can along to another camper.

wld 09-08-2012 11:16 PM

I think we will be partita ting both handing out and taking our grandson around. We will be decorating too but probably not blow ups. Can't wait for the golf cart parade and looking for ideas for a spooktacular dinner.

HalloweenPrincess 09-08-2012 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blaze12 (Post 46031890)
I can not WAIT!!!!! We are only going a couple days, one of which is Halloween night. I was disappointed about canceling the haunted horse ride through FW. Any leaks of what activities are, etc, this year? Does anyone know if they are doing the Halloween character meal again?

We went last year the week before Halloween and it was so thrilling so see all the campsite decorations. As it was our first time going in October we had no idea people at the fort did this! We are going again this year and I'm so excited to be bringing our own spooky stuff! My only concern...we are going in early October and I hope many of the campers have begun to decorate and that it's not too early for them. :dance3:

AuntBJ 09-09-2012 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HalloweenPrincess (Post 46096570)
We went last year the week before Halloween and it was so thrilling so see all the campsite decorations. As it was our first time going in October we had no idea people at the fort did this! We are going again this year and I'm so excited to be bringing our own spooky stuff! My only concern...we are going in early October and I hope many of the campers have begun to decorate and that it's not too early for them. :dance3:

That's what is great about camping...as soon as one holiday passes you can start decorating for the next. You will not be too early at all.

AuntBJ 09-09-2012 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wld (Post 46096555)
I think we will be partita ting both handing out and taking our grandson around. We will be decorating too but probably not blow ups. Can't wait for the golf cart parade and looking for ideas for a spooktacular dinner.

I estimated I handed out candy to about 300 children last year and that is what I am preparing for this year. We even gave out the candy we received at MNSSHP (except for the Werther's.)

We didn't take the golf cart last year so I look forward to participating in the parade this year. I have a theme in mind but I might be overestimating my available prep time.

Howes1387 09-09-2012 06:34 AM

How early in Oct do people start decorations. We will be at the fort and DW and DD (3) were hoping to see some set-ups. We arrive on the 17th and stay till the 21st.

Thanks

2goofycampers 09-09-2012 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Howes1387 (Post 46097828)
How early in Oct do people start decorations. We will be at the fort and DW and DD (3) were hoping to see some set-ups. We arrive on the 17th and stay till the 21st.

Thanks

There will be plenty then. Most decorating starts when the MNSSHP in Sept.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.