The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Collectors Board (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Before and after pin board (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2985326)

artesian 08-31-2012 08:12 PM

Before and after pin board
 
My old board was 20 tall by 40 wide. me and the kids had outgrown this one a while ago. So after I got back from this trip I made the new which measures 65x38 and added a shelf on top for the vinylmations. Looks like we might need a new one or second one in a few years,
[IMG]http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/5...8291824.th.jpg[/IMG]
http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/206...8311952.th.jpg

mattsdragon 08-31-2012 08:24 PM

Those are great, I wish we had room in our house for something that size.

Now I'm going to have to show my handiwork. . .
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...56400630_n.jpg

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...51428758_n.jpg

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...81302005_n.jpg

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...98411893_n.jpg

artesian 08-31-2012 08:27 PM

i hadn't thought of the mickey head design and that's prefect for the kid rooms. is that black felt covering it? Stretching it flush on round shapes easy?

mattsdragon 08-31-2012 08:39 PM

Round styrofoam, available at any craft store, black fabric hot glued. Used toothpicks and glue to stick the ears on. Then string attached to each ear with hot glue to hold the thing up.

artesian 08-31-2012 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattsdragon (Post 46010551)
Round styrofoam, available at any craft store, black fabric hot glued. Used toothpicks and glue to stick the ears on. Then string attached to each ear with hot glue to hold the thing up.

I ditched the styrofoam in this design. The pins didn't stick very well. I went cork board backing laid on top of styrofoam. Pins seem anchored now. Might take you're idea and cut it out of plywood and glue cork to it

mattsdragon 08-31-2012 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by artesian (Post 46010704)
I ditched the styrofoam in this design. The pins didn't stick very well. I went cork board backing laid on top of styrofoam. Pins seem anchored now. Might take you're idea and cut it out of plywood and glue cork to it

The Mickey and Minnie's were our first boards. and the styrofoam does have it's down sides. The CM board and the Star Wars boards are made out of plywood with foam rubber, I took the foam from our daughters old play area flooring and cut it to fit the plywood molds, then we bought the fabric. The foam is about half an inch thick, made of the same stuff that flip flops are made out of. Tried to find sheets at the hobby store, finally found it at the Lowes int he flooring department.

mommytodarlings 09-01-2012 01:02 PM

All of them look awesome!

OP your board is huge, don't think dh would let me do something that big, lol.

The kids and I all each just have a standard framed cork board in our rooms. We might have to do something more after our next trip, we are planning on doing lots of trading.

artesian 09-02-2012 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommytodarlings (Post 46015655)
All of them look awesome!

OP your board is huge, don't think dh would let me do something that big, lol.

The kids and I all each just have a standard framed cork board in our rooms. We might have to do something more after our next trip, we are planning on doing lots of trading.

It's in our basement TV room so it allows the whole family to display the their pins. If that wall space was bigger i would have made it bigger too :lmao:

Queenie122 09-10-2012 03:03 PM

Hey everyone, your boards look fabulous!! I'm going to be making a board for myself soon, I don't have one yet but I finally decided it's a shame to have all my nice pins in hiding in a book!!

My question is, do you just stick the pin in without a back on it and it stays in? They don't fall out? I've been pondering how to make a board and be able to reach the back to get the backing on but can't figure it out!! :rotfl:

pixiewings71 09-10-2012 03:50 PM

We use cork board and yes, we just stick the pin in and it stays without a back.

taysalyn 09-22-2012 04:00 PM

just wondering what you do with all those backs?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.