Biggest Loser Fall Challenge!
Biggest Loser Fall Challenge For Losers and Maintainers! Dates: Sept. 7th to Nov. 17th(ending date subject to change based on participant consensus)
I want to thank buzz5985, cclovesdis, and dvccruiser76 for all their hard work during the summer challenge:lovestruc
I will be your hostess for this go round of the Fall challenge
Your weight keeper will be Kollerbear
This will be a 1 team challenge with mini-groups. We know that it is oh so very easy to get lost in a big challenge thread like this. So the idea of the mini groups is to have a small number of participants to keep tabs on one another. How each group chooses to do that is up the members. It is our hope that this will keep the drop out rate fairly low for the challenge:thumbsup2
Now for details:
1. Join the challenge— send me, Octoberbride03, a PM. It is NEVER too late to join the WISH Biggest Loser Sizzlin’ Hot Summer Challenge. We welcome new participants at any time. We will be running the challenge as one team this summer.
2. Jump in and introduce yourself on the thread. The thread will have a coach for the week. The coach will keep things going with comments and a Question of the Day (QOTD).
3. On Sept.7th PM your initial weight to Kollerbear(Samantha). While you are welcome to post your weight in the thread, you still need to send Sue a PM or your weight will NOT be recorded.
4. If you would like to have a goal tracked for the season, please send that to Samantha as well. You can change goals as needed. Goals are tracked as pounds lost and reported as a percentage. Samatha will use your weekly weigh in to calculate how close you are to goal. Example: Sue—my goal for this challenge is to lose xx pounds.
5. Maintainers—A maintainer is someone whose weight is within +/- 4 pounds of their original weight. Maintainers should also PM Samantha each week. Maintainers are welcome to adjust their maintain weight as needed and are always welcome to move to the Loser team on their team challenge.
6. Please Note: Weigh-ins are on Fridays. Send your initial weigh in on Sept.7. The cut off for sending in weights is the following Monday by 5 PM EST. . Each week our Biggest Losers and our Maintainers are recognized. Results are usually posted on Monday or Tuesday.
As usual, you do not have to watch the TV show to be a part of our challenge. No one is ever voted off our challenge
After three weeks of not reporting your weight to the weight keeper you are removed from the challenge but if you decide to rejoin you are welcomed with open arms.
The purpose of the Fall Challenge is to help keep you on track with your weight journey, wherever you may be in it. Reporting your weight keeps it upfront and center in your mind. You are free to share your weigh ins on the thread, but Samantha will never publish your weights herself. That is always left to you.
As a past participant, I know that this this thread and the people in it are HUGE MOTIVATORS and its is an awesome way to be true to yourself and your goals for this go round.
Clippies: Here is a link to the Fall clippie. A big thank you to corinnak for designing our clippie for us!
WISH Biggest Loser Fall Challenge
* Participation on the thread is optional.
* Each week a new 'coach' will serve as hostess on our Challenge. Their duties include posting questions of the day, acknowledging posters, posting mini-challenges and offering encouragement. Some coaches may serve for a second week later in the challenge. If you are interested in serving as a coach please PM Octoberbride03. We strive to have a different coach each week so that means lots of volunteers! So that's the scoop losers and maintainers. We’d love to have you join our challenge! If you have any questions PM me.
Disney Hokie Gal
Friend of a Mouse
Mini-Groups, aka Minis, will be determined based on the final number of participants at the start of our challenge. Latecomers will be assigned to a group as they join.
The basic idea behind this is to keep everyone engaged in the challenge. Some people post a lot, others not at all, and still more post when they can find the time. Lately, I have the been the latter of the 3. When I post it tends to be a novel,So if I don't have time I don't post.
Everyone will receive a PM with your group assignments during the first week of the challenge. Once you are assigned, get in touch with your fellow minis and stay in touch:thumbsup2 Help each other out along the way and try not to lose anybody from the group. If you do though, be understanding and welcome them back with Open Arms if/when they return. Be Cheerleaders:cheer2:
This is Your Group to have fun with and lean on for support as much as the main group is, but a little easier(we hope) to keep track of.
And you never know just when a Mini-Challenge might pop up:idea:
Minis by the Park Sections
Main Street USA
Future World East
Weigh in Reports
Intro QOTD (Question of the Day) 9/5/12: Please introduce yourself, if you haven't already.
QOTD Friday, September 7, 2012: So do you have a plan for how you are going to make your goals for the challenge? Share your plan and your goals big and small for this challenge.
QOTD Saturday, September 8, 2012 2012: Do you think tracking food is an important part of weight loss?
* Yes, definitely
* Maybe, it depends on the person
* No, I don't think it's necessary
QOTD for Sunday, September 9, 2012: Do you have all the winning strategies covered? Or do you have one of your own that should be added to the list?
Winners Set Small Goals
Winners Take Breaks and Timeouts
Winners Are Proud of Themselves
Winners Take On New Challenges
Winners Keep Score
Winners Are Part of a Team
Winners Make It Fun
Everything can be a game.
Don’t walk when you can run.
If you don’t like it, don’t eat it.
Laughter feels good.
Playtime is important.
The world should be full of color—especially on your dinner plate!
It’s always more fun with friends around.
Adventures are found outside, not inside
It’s important to use your imagination
Anything is possible. No fear, no self-doubts, no negative self talk, no self-criticism, no worries, no destructive anxieties or thoughts of failure.
You have your whole life ahead of you
QOTD Monday, September 10, 2012: Which of these motivational ideas can you use on Motivational Monday? Or do you have one of your own? Just make sure it comes from your laughing place!
QOTD for Tuesday, September 11, 2012: Are you surprised by how much (or little) you can eat for the calories, depending on which foods you choose? Which meal was most shocking to you?
QOTD Wednesday, September 12, 2012: It's Woo Hoo Wednesday! Give yourself a big "woo hoo" for helping yourself to be healthy and share something that you did this week to help you with your goals. Hopefully you don't feel like you've been on the wildest ride in the wilderness
QOTD Thursday, September 13, 2012: Is there something that you dream of doing just for you? If you feel comfortable, please share or just share how you feel at the end of the first week of the challenge.
QOTD 9/14: Is your family part of your support system? Or do you have a support system at work, or with friends? How do you make it work for you?
QOTD Saturday 9/15- If you could put any country in the World Showcase, what would it be? What would it be like? What would they sell?
QOTD Sunday 9/16:What is your favorite way to prepare your fish? Do you even like fish? Do you have a recipe you'd like to share? We'd love to hear it!
Made it on the first page! :woohoo:
I am looking forward to the fall challenge!!
I would love to join in as I am training for my first half marathon but still need to decrease the weight. This will help keep me from saying "I'm not decreasing in weight because I'm running".
I usually can justify anything so accountability helps me in that department.
Lots of runners on our fall BL thread -- I have 3 half marathons between now and the first of January. :goodvibes
And we're off and running:cool1::cool1:
Got some lists updated and everybody added who's signed up so far. Remember kids, until you PM me you are not yet in the challenge. As always need lots of volunteers for coaching. If you think you want to give it a try there's plenty of room for you:thumbsup2
Starting to brace ourselves for T.S. Issac and I'm getting more than a little nervous now as I finish the last of the laundry... :scared: But I'm trying to stay calm; at least it's not a hurricane yet. I'm just anxious about being without power for a long time...
I can live without my internet and cable...but I NEED my A/C!!!
We were only without it for 5 days with Katrina though, so hopefully we'll get power back quickly this time. Or wouldn't it be awesome if it didn't go out at all?! Then again, you can sneeze and our power goes out... :sad2: I'll make sure to give updates and get back as soon as I can.
EDITED TO ADD: Just realized I got two tags from the Tag Fairy!!! And one's a Doctor Who reference!! OMG!!! Thank you Tag Fairy! :)
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:18 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.