The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   UK Trip Planning Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   We're here!! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2981980)

creamsoda 08-25-2012 03:55 PM

We're here!!

Arrived in Florida yesterday(Friday 24th). Smooth flight but seemed so long! Villa on Highlands Reserve is brilliant. Very clean and a good pool. Hubby very happy, upgraded car to a Ford Explorer in midnite blue. Been to Epcot today, very quiet. Straight on Soarin' then The Land. Over to Nemo then wandered down to World Showcase. Weather sunny, cloudy and windy at times. Back to the villa and straight into the pool. Ate at Applebee's yesterday, off to Sizzlers tonight. Going to try Logan's and Longhorn later in the holiday. Off to AK Sunday for breakfast. Will try to keep you updated if I remember. :cheer2:

wayneg 08-25-2012 04:37 PM

Have a fantastic holiday.:goodvibes

stoneyloon 08-26-2012 12:17 AM

Have a great time!

RDP 08-26-2012 02:09 AM

look forward to updates. :goodvibes

Mummycat 08-26-2012 01:15 PM

We are massive fans of Highland reserve and hopefully will get there again next year for a 3rd time. Have fun x
Ps I'm a bit of a lurker on the Dis but I just want to thank all those who have done live trip reports recently (and generally all who love the Dis) as they have got me through some v.stressful days. Keep up the fantastic work folks! :)

Groovee 08-26-2012 02:28 PM

Have a great time x

Fantasia Sam 08-26-2012 02:39 PM

Have a fabarooney holiday :)

Mrs Doubtfire 08-26-2012 02:56 PM

You've got off to a great start - enjoy the rest :goodvibes

creamsoda 08-26-2012 03:35 PM

Breakfast at Animal Kingdom was brill. Loved the Jungle Juice!! Straight on to the safari where we had a enthusiastic driver. The lioness was eyeing up the ostrich. My DH, DS and DD went on Everest, then we saw Nemo foR the first time. Left the park and called into Publix on the way home. Managed to miss the heavy rain. Probably off to Cracker Barrel for tea. Weather been cloudy and warm, just about stopped raining now. Haven't decided what to do tomorrow, depends on the weather.

creamsoda 08-27-2012 03:29 PM

Quiet day today. Very heavy rain overnight and this morning. Stayed in and chilled. Stopped raining in time for us to venture out to Perkins for lunch. Emma (DD) and I were disappointed with our meals, but the boys had breakfasts which were ok. Went to Downtown Disney which was busy. Home again now and will go out for dinner later, probably TGI's. Hollywood Studios tomorrow.

wayneg 08-28-2012 02:02 AM

Never been into a Perkins or TGI's. Sounds like a bit of rain out there just now, hope it clears.

dixonsontour 08-28-2012 06:16 AM

Glad to hear you are having a fab time :)

Cyrano 08-28-2012 06:37 AM

Hope the weather breaks for you and you have a wonderful time.

kevin harrison 08-28-2012 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wayneg (Post 45969568)
Never been into a Perkins or TGI's. Sounds like a bit of rain out there just now, hope it clears.

There is a far bigger menu and more professional servers at TGI's in the States, ones in the UK are very poor in comparison.

creamsoda 08-28-2012 02:25 PM

Hollywood Studios today. Very busy! Did new Star Tours and then Muppets . We'd got fast passes for Toy Story but managed to fit in the Backlot Tour first. Scores on Toy Story not brilliant, Phil (DS) managed 160,000 plus. Went to eat lunch just as a rain storm started. Kids wanted to build a droid so we did that then came home via Walmart. Managed 15 mins in pool before the rain came back. Might go to Epcot for Illuminations (after dinner at Applebee's). TGI'S last night was very good. Magic Kingdom tomorrow I think. Hope it's not too wet back at home- at least it's warm here!!