The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Stupid question - Does anyone ever get pixie dusted to concierge? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2980711)

jenf22 08-23-2012 07:54 AM

Stupid question - Does anyone ever get pixie dusted to concierge?
 
I probably know the answer to this, but - does anyone ever get a pixie dust upgrade to concierge? There are some OOT rooms left on our cruise and the rooms look so pretty, I just wondered if they would sail with them empty? I guess they probably all go at the port if they're available, right? Right now the price difference between the room we booked (5B) and OOT is $4000! It would have to be a pretty good deal for us to pay extra at the port...

kcashner 08-23-2012 08:14 AM

I can attest that they SELL upgrades to concierge at port at a significant reduction from the cost of booking them in advance. Freebies? Not that I can prove.

mmouse37 08-23-2012 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenf22 (Post 45915415)
I probably know the answer to this, but - does anyone ever get a pixie dust upgrade to concierge? There are some OOT rooms left on our cruise and the rooms look so pretty, I just wondered if they would sail with them empty? I guess they probably all go at the port if they're available, right? Right now the price difference between the room we booked (5B) and OOT is $4000! It would have to be a pretty good deal for us to pay extra at the port...

Not a stupid question.....and the answer is yes...it has happened....you never know what DCL will do but as you say it is more profitable for them to try to sell them as a port upgrade than to pixie dust someone or let is sit empty.

MJ

CEGrant 08-23-2012 09:09 AM

Definitely ask when you check in. People have reported getting some pretty sweet deals on these. Just make sure you arrive early to port!

jenf22 08-23-2012 12:20 PM

Thanks everyone! :thumbsup2

tcmata 10-08-2012 07:16 AM

We cruised on the Sep 29th 4-night on the Dream. We had booked a Cat 4A on deck 9. When we checked in at the terminal, we were told that we were upgraded and we were whisked off to the Concierge line. We were upgraded (at no cost) to a Cat T room 12020! We were quite surprised and it was AMAZING! I'm not sure how often it happens, but it did happen to us! :)

Belle4 10-08-2012 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcmata
We cruised on the Sep 29th 4-night on the Dream. We had booked a Cat 4A on deck 9. When we checked in at the terminal, we were told that we were upgraded and we were whisked off to the Concierge line. We were upgraded (at no cost) to a Cat T room 12020! We were quite surprised and it was AMAZING! I'm not sure how often it happens, but it did happen to us! :)

Nice upgrade!

SCaletka 10-08-2012 02:20 PM

That is awesome!!! Did you absolutely love it??? What were the perks you received besides a bigger room??? October 27th will be my first cruise on DCL

Gretel 10-08-2012 04:59 PM

yes it happened to us :)

tcmata 10-08-2012 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCaletka (Post 46385066)
That is awesome!!! Did you absolutely love it??? What were the perks you received besides a bigger room??? October 27th will be my first cruise on DCL


The room itself was amazing!! The kids enjoyed the TV in the bathroom mirror ;). We had access to the Concierge Lounge and private sun deck every day. There was always a variety of drinks and snacks during the day. There was also a free cocktail hour twice a day. The Concierge staff was very nice and helpful with anything we needed. They could handle anything guest relations could but without the line! One day we had a visit in the lounge from Stitch. The kids received arcade cards and we received a signed lithograph. We could have also ordered from the restaraunts and have the food delivered to our room, but we did not do this. It was a great experience!!

jennandcompany 10-08-2012 07:26 PM

We sailed 9/14/12 on the Fantasy. We were in 12526 (1 br suite) and the room next to us was empty the entire cruise. They offered to upgrade my parents who were on deck 9 in a 4b for 400.00 on the second day of the cruise. Parents said no thanks, they want some separation from us and our three kids!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.