The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Which Poly longhouse? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2979559)

stitchrulz 08-21-2012 08:40 AM

Which Poly longhouse?
 
I know, I know, how many times can this be asked? :)

DH and I have stayed in Tokelau and Fiji on previous trips and liked them both. We would like a room with a balcony, if possible, and it's just the two of us. What are your fave longhouses and why? TIA!:flower3:

cmesq61 08-21-2012 09:04 AM

Tahiti or bust is my motto, because:
*It is quiet,
* has its own lovely & quiet beach in front of it,
*so convenient to the TTC--that is the main reason that we love it. So nice after a long day to sip off the boat or monorail and be steps from my room,
*love to watch the boats go by
* if you are looking for a castle view--fabulous. There are other longhouses closer to the castle, but I like the Tahiti view.
*great view of the CR, which is pretty at night!

But really, you cannot go wrong with anywhere at the Poly!!

mariamouse 08-21-2012 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stitchrulz (Post 45892674)
I know, I know, how many times can this be asked? :)

DH and I have stayed in Tokelau and Fiji on previous trips and liked them both. We would like a room with a balcony, if possible, and it's just the two of us. What are your fave longhouses and why? TIA!:flower3:

Are you in a GV or WV room?

Polydweller 08-21-2012 09:46 AM

To ensure a balcony then Tokelau or Tahiti. Tokelau is for me the preferred garden view building. The trees at Tahiti tend to be too close and crowd the view a bit. From Tokelau most rooms, especially east side, you can look to the north to catch a view of the lagoon.

heidijanesmith 08-21-2012 09:53 AM

if you haven't been to tikiman website, go there and ck out his great maps of each longhouse with room view categories and walking times.

We loved our patio in Niue, but Niue does not have any balconies...so don't request it.

bwolfe 08-21-2012 10:15 AM

We were in Tokelau this summer and loved it. It was convienent to all locations around the resort.

stitchrulz 08-21-2012 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mariamouse (Post 45893131)
Are you in a GV or WV room?

GV room. And, thanks for all the replies so far! :)

TDluvsDaisy 08-21-2012 01:28 PM

I prefer Tahiti cause I love the sound of the ferry boat and the quick access to the TTC.

mariamouse 08-21-2012 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stitchrulz (Post 45894149)
GV room. And, thanks for all the replies so far! :)

With a GV room, I would definitely request a high floor in Samoa facing the volcano pool since this view also faces the GF and part of the lagoon. That being said, this view may not be ideal at the moment since it would also include the GF construction.

Alternately, the marina views from Fiji look nice since they also include views of the lagoon, volcano pool (mostly just the volcano) and potentially the CR as well.

We have been placed in Tokelau twice-- once on the quiet pool side of the resort (meh) and once on the opposite side facing CR. We were able to see the TTC boat, CR and part of the lagoon... and the proximity to the TTC was great!

In sum, you really cannot go wrong with any of the Poly longhouses since there are so many terrific garden views and each longhouse has its pros and cons. I would definitely assess what is most important to you (a particular view, proximity to GCH vs TTC, etc) and go from there. Tikiman's site is fantastic as well with descriptions of each longhouse and pictures of the various views.

Have a great time! :)

Tink1024 08-21-2012 04:02 PM

I recommend Tahiti as well. We loved that it was so close to the TTC--very convenient!

AshleyD1983 08-21-2012 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmesq61 (Post 45892955)
Tahiti or bust is my motto, because:
*It is quiet,
* has its own lovely & quiet beach in front of it,
*so convenient to the TTC--that is the main reason that we love it. So nice after a long day to sip off the boat or monorail and be steps from my room,
*love to watch the boats go by
* if you are looking for a castle view--fabulous. There are other longhouses closer to the castle, but I like the Tahiti view.
*great view of the CR, which is pretty at night!

But really, you cannot go wrong with anywhere at the Poly!!

I completely agree! We were on the 3rd floor of Tahiti with a MK view. It was absolutely amazing. The location of Tahiti can't be beat in my opinion.

PoohsFan1 08-21-2012 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mariamouse (Post 45897978)
With a GV room, I would definitely request a high floor in Samoa facing the volcano pool since this view also faces the GF and part of the lagoon. That being said, this view may not be ideal at the moment since it would also include the GF construction.

We did online check-in a couple of days ago and in the Special Requests area I checked the Samoa building because we want to be close to GCH and would love a view of the Volcano pool (I also want a balcony so I also requested 3rd floor), we too have a GV view. However, after what you said, it is making me rethink my Samoa request. I completely forgot about the GF construction, of course I am not going to do too much about it because I will be happy with any view I get since we will be at the Poly anyways :goodvibes.

stitchrulz 08-21-2012 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mariamouse (Post 45897978)
Alternately, the marina views from Fiji look nice since they also include views of the lagoon, volcano pool (mostly just the volcano) and potentially the CR as well.

Yes, we were hoping for the marina side when we requested Fiji for our previous stay, but nothing was available. So, we were placed on the other side which was still quite lovely, and you could hear the luau music. I'll definitely go over to TM's site as well (love the music!).

Sometimes, I wonder if it's better not to make a request, and just let Fate decide. :)

DznyCrzy11 08-21-2012 06:08 PM

Well, I can't be of much help here. The 2 times we have been to Poly we stayed in the Fiji Longhouse and loved it! We had a marina view both times. We like staying in Fiji because it's right next to GCH. Occasionally we walked over to the TTC, but we were fine with that. We prefer being next to the main building.

jamelynn24 08-21-2012 11:02 PM

I'm glad you asked this today because we have online check in today!! I skipped it because I needed to research the options!! And after reading all the suggestions, I still don't know what to request. I'm sure they are all good :)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:05 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.