The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disneyland (California) (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Has Matterhorn suddenly become the most uncomfortable ride at Disneyland? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2973750)

barngro 08-10-2012 06:56 PM

Has Matterhorn suddenly become the most uncomfortable ride at Disneyland?

Just returned from 4 days at the resort and although the weather was quite warm, we had a great time. My only complaint was about the the new sleds at the Matterhorn. They are the most freaking uncomfortable things I have ever ridden in! They have got to fire the person or persons responsible for the design of these vehicles as they might be fine for a plastic jug of water, but they are very uncomfortable for a normal human. I hope they kept the old sleds because these new ones are a joke! Just my opinion, but a guy in the sled right in front of me was rubbing his neck after the ride and he wasn't kidding. And that was on the Fantasyland side which used to be a little smoother than the Tommorowland side. Ouch!

elaw 08-10-2012 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barngro (Post 45783609)
Has Matterhorn suddenly become the most uncomfortable ride at Disneyland?

IMO, It has been for quite sometime now (even before the new sleds)

HydroGuy 08-10-2012 07:46 PM

Matterhorn just ain't the same. I agree the new sleds have made the ride less desirable.

CamoMama 08-10-2012 09:18 PM

I hate them. The new sleds are less comfortable and the ride seems slower and less fun than it used to be.

Ingrid0382 08-10-2012 09:34 PM

I've ridden it twice since the refurb and each time thought, "I'm not enjoying this at all."

Tinkerbelle's Mom 08-10-2012 10:29 PM

I agree. I liked it before but now not so much. I will still ride it with dd but now its something to get through not something to enjoy.

Rhonna 08-10-2012 10:33 PM

The old seats were bad enough besides the track being jerky. I had a feeling we wouldn't be bothering with it anymore.

Jkpark 08-10-2012 10:51 PM

I think even with comfortable seats I wouldn't love it. My favorite part was being held by DH or holding DD. Even if I'm riding on a pillow with tons of leg room - my favorite aspect of the ride is gone... Very sad

Virgoinab 08-10-2012 11:08 PM

Umm ya, no fun anymore.

Like a pp said "I am not enjoying this at all" was pretty much how I felt while on it.

No thanks, which is really sad for me.

Carrie in AZ 08-10-2012 11:33 PM

I feel the same way! It was "down" on our MM during our June trip, and I was soooo bummed. Well, the next morning we had EMH and about killed ourselves hurrying to get over there first thing and it was down again, but up and running fairly quickly. Score! Or, so I thought. While we were on it, I kept thinking "this is not very fun" and when we got off, I said "I can't believe this was our #1 must do at DL".

I won't be waiting to ride this again. :(

But! One thing I did love: We saw the climbers scaling the side of the Matterhorn, and I thought it was very neat indeed.:thumbsup2 It was fun to glance over there now and again and see the climbers.

AddictedtoDoleWhip 08-10-2012 11:36 PM

I love it still! Yes I wish we had some cushions on the seats so it would be more comfortable, but I still love the ride and ride it every time I go :D.

ArchOwl 08-10-2012 11:39 PM

My little sisters are very keen to ride this in September and my back is already thinking of excuses not to ride! :rotfl:

Minuet888 08-11-2012 12:05 AM

no I mentioned it in my trip report and I think the thread news and rumors that I started about things hurt my husbands back

ValpoCory 08-11-2012 12:47 AM

With the rumor of Thunder Mountain closing for a year, the importance of the Matterhorn increases. This thread is a little disheartening.

DisneyCrazyMom22 08-11-2012 02:22 AM

We rode today on the fl side. My son is 6'2" and we all loved it. I liked the new sleds okay.