The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disneyland (California) (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Disneyland in February 2013 (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2971913)

ncmom2twins 08-07-2012 04:15 PM

Disneyland in February 2013
 
We will be visiting DL towards the end of February 2013. What should we expect as far as crowds this time of year?

Girimama33 08-07-2012 04:18 PM

Last week should be low crowds with the exception of the weekends. According to Touring Plans, it is predicted to be a 1 (10% occupancy) for 2/25-2/28.

QueenBeeMB 08-07-2012 05:06 PM

We were there the second and third week of Feb 2012 I think the longest line we encountered was star tours and Indy at 1 HR, but that was the stand by. Everything else was under a reasonable 20 mins. The weather was great. All sun shine, even hot enough we 'needed' to go on splash to cool off.
We will be there the first week of Aug 2013. Have fun planning !
:)

DLovinFam 08-07-2012 06:50 PM

We will be there Feb. 23rd-27th! I'm interested in this thread.:)

Painted Purple 08-08-2012 04:38 AM

That's the week we're planning on, too! We chose it because we are thinking (hoping!) the crowds will be lower. :)

Patrick in Oregon 08-08-2012 11:31 AM

President's day weekend can get busy. I don't recall it being that bad when we went this past February.

Maddysdaddy 08-08-2012 11:37 AM

Was there the week before President's Day this year and the crowds were fine - we normally go at the end of September and the crowds were about the same.

As much as I love DL, I don't think I would love it nearly as much if I had to wait more than 15-20 minutes to get on a ride, so those times of year are perfect for us (the exceptions, as noted above were Star Tours, Indy and TSMM, which were 45-60 min when we didn't have fastpasses for the first two).

The only issue in February may be the weather. We're from Canada, so we were happy to trade 6 feet of snow for shorts and t-shirts, but for those from more southerly locations, I saw a lot of sweatshirts and even some touques.

Mabel67 08-08-2012 11:45 AM

We will also be in DL the last week of February including the first 2 days of March! :cool1::woohoo:

Any idea as to whether there will be any discounts or special rates available at either DLH or GC? When would be a good time to book? Also, we will be purchasing an AP while there..how do you find out what the AP hotel rates will be if you haven't yet activated or purchased your AP?

I anticipate the crowds to be quite low and hopefully the temperature warm!

:beach:

lalasmama 08-08-2012 12:02 PM

That's the week we went, more or less, this year, and the week we will be likely going again next year.

I was told that "Ski Week" (the kids get off the week of President's Day) and Leap Day (which, obviously, won't be happening in 2013) increased crowds quite a bit for that week in this year, which makes sense to me. That being said, crowds weren't bad enough to scare me away from another trip 3 months later ;)

When we were there, it was pleasantly warm 7 out of the 8 days. One day it rained, which, coming from Oregon, just made it feel like home! Most days, we wore capri jeans, a long-sleeved t-shirt, tennis shoes, and we brought a sweatshirt for morning/evening coolness. For this next year, I will change the wardrobe planning slightly; I think I will attempt to do a long sleeve shirt under a short sleeve shirt, so that when the afternoon sun does get warm, we're not sweating in the long-sleeve t-shirts!

rtfelt 08-08-2012 05:52 PM

The crowds should be quite low this time of year. It's after President's day and before the "Spring Break" season starts about the 2nd week of March. Plan on getting FP's for Space, ST, Indy at DL and for RSR, ToT at DCA, and you should have a very productive day. Keep in mind that Friday nights get busy all through the year--even in February.

The weather is unpredictable in February. It can get to 80 in the day or be rainy and cool (cool for S CA :eek:) with a 60 high. I recommend layering--short sleeve shirt under long sleeve with a sweatshirt for evenings (unless of course you're from Canada and 50 degrees is considered "HOT" :dance3: BTW this is how locals pick out the tourists in the winter--they're the ones in shorts and tank tops :rotfl2:

Maddysdaddy 08-08-2012 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rtfelt
The crowds should be quite low this time of year. It's after President's day and before the "Spring Break" season starts about the 2nd week of March. Plan on getting FP's for Space, ST, Indy at DL and for RSR, ToT at DCA, and you should have a very productive day. Keep in mind that Friday nights get busy all through the year--even in February.

The weather is unpredictable in February. It can get to 80 in the day or be rainy and cool (cool for S CA :eek:) with a 60 high. I recommend layering--short sleeve shirt under long sleeve with a sweatshirt for evenings (unless of course you're from Canada and 50 degrees is considered "HOT" :dance3: BTW this is how locals pick out the tourists in the winter--they're the ones in shorts and tank tops :rotfl2:

Hey now... I'm not wearing shorts when it's 50 out, but I likely will if it's 60 and definitely will if it's 65.

Disneydreamsdancer 08-08-2012 11:06 PM

Can someone help me out with when Presidents Day is? Non US-er here :) We are looking at booking flights for early February, but have always previously gone in January so hoping the crowds will be similar :)

sechelt 08-09-2012 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disneydreamsdancer (Post 45763877)
Can someone help me out with when Presidents Day is? Non US-er here :) We are looking at booking flights for early February, but have always previously gone in January so hoping the crowds will be similar :)

In 2013 it's February 18.

rtfelt 08-09-2012 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maddysdaddy

Hey now... I'm not wearing shorts when it's 50 out, but I likely will if it's 60 and definitely will if it's 65.

I was wondering if anyone would take the bait :) :) :) but I have seen people at the parks in tank tops when its 50 out. They're obviously not the weather wimps of SCA. I actually moved to S CA from a cold climate 25 years ago. That first winter I thought people were crazy to wear Coats (that's coats not jackets/sweatshirts) when it was 60 out, but by the very next winter I was right there with them. Blood thins FAST :)

Crazy4Disney72 08-09-2012 08:05 PM

Jumping on the Feb 2013 bandwagon!

DH and I are going Feb 1-6 for our 20th wedding anniversary! I can't wait!!! What can I expect crowd and weather wise?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.