The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Scrapbooking (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=123)
-   -   Disney album - chronological or by park??? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2970731)

mlktwins 08-05-2012 02:43 PM

Disney album - chronological or by park???

Hi guys! I'm hoping to get started on scrapping my boys' 1st Disney trip. We went for 2 weeks, met a ton of characters, spent 2 days at HS (both days my boys did Jedi training), 2 days at Epcot (boys did a couple of Kim Possible missions), 3 days at MK plus another day for the Christmas Party, 1 day at AK, a couple of days at Downtown Disney, and 1 day at Sea World.

I'm trying to decide how to layout my albums. What has worked out easiest for you -- going Chronological or by Park? Either way, do you put all your Meet and Greets together in one spot or include them with the park day?

Thanks much!

disney-akj 08-05-2012 03:40 PM

When I do trips like you described, I scrap by park. I do an opening page, resort pages, and travel pages at the beginning. Then I do each park, and I include all the things that happened in that park in those pages. If we did Jedi Training twice, I would incorporate all of those pictures together. All the KP missions pics would probably only get a two page layout too. Or if we rode Dumbo twice, Dumbo still only gets one layout with the pictures from both days. Then towards the end of my album I do pages that do not fit in a park like Chef Mickeys, a collage of misc. pics of hats, or whatever. Then my last page is always the dates, with what we did each day typed up with our room keys. Embellished of course. If I didn't do it this way, I would end up with a lot of repeat layouts probably because I never set my camera down :lmao: My album would be HUGE!!!!

I only scrap chronologically if we do one park each day. Like this last trip we did this because we went to the water parks and Universal too. So we never repeated a park, except for MK which we only went to on our first evening on our day of arrival for fireworks, night parade, etc.

Reddy 08-05-2012 03:56 PM

I make 5 albums (the 3 ring ones)
one for each park then a 5th for travel to & back, hotel, water parks & any thing else we do like Chef Mickey's

so if we ride Dumbo 5 times - I pick the best pics for all of the Dumbo rides

morgansmom2000 08-05-2012 04:16 PM

I scrap by day. We only do one park per day, though. I add what ever meal pictures I have for that day too. I'm a bit on the AR side, so I may be outside the norm. :lmao:

bigbabyblues 08-05-2012 05:19 PM

I do park by park. The first trip, I did park by park and chronological within the park (we visited each park 2-3 times over 12 days)....not trying that again! I try to do a title page for each park also, usually the park name for the title, family pic with the icon if I have one (8 trips in, we don't always get a good one), and journal about what we did at that park, funny moments, etc.

mlktwins 08-06-2012 07:19 AM

Thank you ladies!!!! You have given me some things to think about as I print out my pictures. I think it will be much easier to scrap by park. I was getting overwhelmed thinking about doing it in chronological order.

BernardandMissBianca 08-06-2012 08:09 AM

I'm the same as Michelle. If we do multiple days in each park and/or park hop I scrap by park, it just makes it go faster.
If we do 1 park per day like Jennifer, I'll do it in order.

I'll have themes for each layout, characters, meals, rides, etc. MK, AK and Epcot are the easiest because I'll group by land. DHS is a little harder because there isn't really a nice flow to the park so we'll do rides, shows, meals.

Nutz4Dizney 08-06-2012 01:50 PM

I'm usually there anywhere from 11 to 14 days so we repeat things. I too scrap by park. It's just easier to scrap that way. I would have 3 differents days worth of the same ride and scrapping that would kill me. Even combining my photos I'm up to 299 pages LOL

Raenstoirm 08-09-2012 04:56 PM

I sort of scrap by park. As the others said, Dumbo is only 1 layout no matter how many times we rode it. By I also group certain characters. For example, last spring I made a point to meet goofy in all of his different outfits. So in that case, there is a general "acting Goofy" page. I also grouped the "real" stitch with the magic shot stitches. And my dh has a thing with putting on every hat he can find in any park, so I always have a 2 page layout of him with hats from all 4 parks, the hotels and DTD stores. And the photopass people always make us kiss in photos so I always have a "kissing around the world" layout as well.

pjlla 08-17-2012 07:57 AM

I guess I'll be the vote for the "chronological" camp here. I am a strictly chronological gal. It is kind of an OCD thing with me. I like our albums to be a sort of "photo diary" and that is the way I create them. I do some detailed journaling during the trip and then I use that in the book. I literally go day by day, sometimes hour by hour/ride by ride. I will admit, when the kids were younger and we did one park per day with no repeats, it was easier. Day one was always AK, etc.

But I love being able to flip through the album and read along with the journaling and kind of "relive" the trip, as it happened. Just sayin'..............P

My2Qtz0205 08-17-2012 08:07 AM

I scrap by park. We divide up our Epcot days by World Showcase/Future World, so that makes a clear theme for each day. This year, as with last time, one of our MK days is our child's birthday, so that day also has a special theming on its pages.

MJAJmom 08-29-2012 09:50 PM

I scrap in chronological order of our trip. I start with an itinerary of our trip and then go day by day. I'll scrap pages of our character meal breakfast, rides and shows we did, characters we met, parades, etc, then scrap the next day. My siggie has digital photo albums I made of our Disney trips that can give you a feel for the flow of my photo book. Have fun creating your album!!