The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Renting DVC and Daily HOusekeeping ??? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2967995)

donaldlovesdaisy 07-31-2012 03:11 PM

Renting DVC and Daily HOusekeeping ???

So we are really considering renting DVC points for our next trip. We had gotten so use to the military room discount and now that seems to be going away it looks as though we can get a studio at OKW for less than staying at a moderate for 10 nights. The only thing that is turning us off is the fact that we would not receive daily housekeeping. So I guess my question is can you pay for daily maid service and if so anyone have any idea of the daily fee? TIA

dansdad 07-31-2012 03:14 PM

This is from the FAQ section of David's Vacation Club Rental site.

Can I get daily housekeeping?
Trash and Towel service is included in all stays of more than four days. If your stay is for less than eight nights, you will receive Trash & Towel service on day four. If your stay is for eight nights or longer, you will receive a full cleaning service on day four, and Trash & Towel service on day eight. After that, the cycle begins again on day twelve. Day one is check-in day. Daily housekeeping can be arranged and paid for at time of check-in. The following rates are subject to change:

Additional Full Cleaning Rates:
Studio - $30.00 for each day requested
One-Bedroom - $45.00 for each day requested
Two-Bedroom - $60.00 for each day requested
Three-Bedroom - $75.00 for each day requested

Additional Trash & Towel Rates:
Studio - $15.00 for each day requested
One-Bedroom - $20.00 for each day requested
Two-Bedroom - $25.00 for each day requested
Three-Bedroom - $35.00 for each day requested

We have never rented points, but have looked into it. That is how I came across the above. I hope this helps.

donaldlovesdaisy 07-31-2012 05:57 PM

It does thanks a bunch!!!

scootch 07-31-2012 05:59 PM

We spent such little time in the room and got extra towels, so the 4 days wasn't very difficult.

magrudersmakes3 07-31-2012 06:24 PM

We are renting DVC points next year. This was a thought for us, but I realized that we were getting such a great deal that we could live with it.

I will probably take advantage of the additional towel package that cost $6.

Towel Package, $6.00 - 4 bath towels, 2 hand towels, 4 washcloths, 1 bath mat

disny_luvr 07-31-2012 07:52 PM

We just returned from our first stay on rented points and I was a little concerned about this too. I ended up worrying for no reason; we actually liked that mousekeeping didn't come every day. We checked in on a Thursday and had a full cleaning on Sunday and then got new towels on Wednesday. I thought I'd pay for the additional towel and trash service but didn't need to.

kddisney502 07-31-2012 08:39 PM

Btw, pool towels are available at the pool. So you don't have to use your room towels for that. That can make it easier to get to day 4.

mrjef 07-31-2012 08:55 PM

We just bought into DVC and I was unaware of the 4 day rule for members. I just told my DW and she said that she knew and we had in fact talked about it. lol I think I will like this better anyway as mouse keeping will be in the room less.

scootch 07-31-2012 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magrudersmakes3 (Post 45673385)
We are renting DVC points next year. This was a thought for us, but I realized that we were getting such a great deal that we could live with it.

I will probably take advantage of the additional towel package that cost $6.

Towel Package, $6.00 - 4 bath towels, 2 hand towels, 4 washcloths, 1 bath mat

I didn't know about the towel package. I just asked the lady in the hall and she gave me a bunch. :confused3

Deb & Bill 07-31-2012 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kddisney502 (Post 45674865)
Btw, pool towels are available at the pool. So you don't have to use your room towels for that. That can make it easier to get to day 4.

DVC has already asked us not to do that because pool towels cost more to launder. That just raises our annual fees. Just purchase the extra towel pack or bring extras from home if you need more.

Deb & Bill 07-31-2012 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scootch (Post 45675290)
I didn't know about the towel package. I just asked the lady in the hall and she gave me a bunch. :confused3

Which is just another way that our dues go up. Please pay for any extras you need or bring them from home. DVC members don't get anything for free. We pay for it all ultimately.

JeanfromBNA 08-01-2012 12:19 AM

Has anyone here ever paid for daily full cleaning?

kddisney502 08-01-2012 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deb & Bill

DVC has already asked us not to do that because pool towels cost more to launder. That just raises our annual fees. Just purchase the extra towel pack or bring extras from home if you need more.

So your not supposed to use pool towels at the pool?

CanadianPaco 08-01-2012 05:46 AM

Great info here - thanks for sharing!

DebbieB 08-01-2012 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kddisney502 (Post 45676794)
So your not supposed to use pool towels at the pool?

You can use them at the pool. There have been suggestions in the past that members take towels from the pool to use in the room. I don't think the poster above suggested that, they just said that you don't have to take room towels to the pool.