The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Teen Disney (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Post what ya now. (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2967606)

Thunder Mountain Man 07-30-2012 11:13 PM

Post what ya now.
 
Post what ya now about the construction going on in WDW.:yay: :laundy:

Orreed 07-30-2012 11:25 PM

Storybook circus is building some new buildings which I think may be a character meet and greet, quick service eatery and gift shop. The Ariel and Belle experiences open holiday season 2012. They are building Rapunzel's tower by the old Skyway station and there is a rumored interactive queue for Peter Pan. Seven Dwarf's Mine Train will open in 2014. They may shorten and change Country Bear Jamboree. They are building a Four Seasons in Golden Oak, a resident's community that is in construction. The refurbished Test Track will open November 30th. They are building Splitsville, a bowling alley in Downtown Disney. The Grand Floridan is adding Disney Vacation Club Villas. Lots of new things coming soon:yay:

PlutotheGreat 07-31-2012 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orreed (Post 45664162)
They are building Rapunzel's tower by the old Skyway station and there is a rumored interactive queue for Peter Pan. They may shorten and change Country Bear Jamboree.

Wow, I didn't know about that! The Peter Pan queue desperately needs some attention in my opinion, considering the fact that it is regularly packed and the line is really nothing special. I'm curious how it would be expanded as I remember the queue being somewhat cramped already. Maybe my memory is just fuzzy after so long. I'm not really surprised by the Country Bear Jamboree news because I never watch the show and it probably won't affect my trips.

I know Rainforest Cafe at DTD is being updated. The gift shop is being redone and a bar is being added. The exterior of the volcano is also being remodeled. Other than that the only change I can think of is the Characters in Flight balloon closing for testing, although it may be completed already.

EDIT: Apparently a balloon in Hong Kong made by the same company fell 20 feet due to losing helium during flight. The WDW balloon was taken down for inspection and there is a possibility it won't reopen.

charliebrown 07-31-2012 11:05 AM

They are tearing down Space mountain to make a garden based around The Curious life Timothy Green.

Doodle98 07-31-2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charliebrown (Post 45667504)
They are tearing down Space mountain to make a garden based around The Curious life Timothy Green.

Are you seious? Thats one of my fave rides! I dont want it to be replaced by a garden!:sad2::sad1:

Orreed 07-31-2012 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PlutotheGreat (Post 45667412)
Wow, I didn't know about that! The Peter Pan queue desperately needs some attention in my opinion, considering the fact that it is regularly packed and the line is really nothing special. I'm curious how it would be expanded as I remember the queue being somewhat cramped already. Maybe my memory is just fuzzy after so long. I'm not really surprised by the Country Bear Jamboree news because I never watch the show and it probably won't affect my trips.

I know Rainforest Cafe at DTD is being updated. The gift shop is being redone and a bar is being added. The exterior of the volcano is also being remodeled. Other than that the only changes I can think of are the Characters in Flight balloon closing for testing, although it may be completed already.

EDIT: Apparently a balloon in Hong Kong made by the same company fell 20 feet due to losing helium during flight. The WDW balloon was taken down for inspection and there is a possibility it won't reopen.

You are right. It is just a basic switchback. I think it will be like the Haunted Mansion. Thanks for adding I forgot about those.

Orreed 07-31-2012 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charliebrown (Post 45667504)
They are tearing down Space mountain to make a garden based around The Curious life Timothy Green.


Are you sure?!?! It seems unusual to destroy an e-ticket. Where did you hear this?

DQfreak23 07-31-2012 11:14 AM

Im not really sure but I'm going to WDW in 25 more days I'm so excited:dance3:

Cinderellalove 08-09-2012 01:40 PM

Quote:

They are tearing down Space mountain to make a garden based around The Curious life Timothy Green.
That is crazy, I don't care how great the movie is, I love this ride!! :furious:

CowboyErin 08-09-2012 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charliebrown (Post 45667504)
They are tearing down Space mountain to make a garden based around The Curious life Timothy Green.

Yeah I heard that too.

_____


BOG, The Little Mermaid ride, Gaston's Tavern, and the new Belle meet and greet are officially opening on December 6 with previews starting on November 19. Construction on AoA is pretty much done, if you hop over to the Resorts board you can see all the pictures/video of the work that's been done. You can see pics and such of the FLE on the Theme Park board too.

carlandellie 08-09-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CowboyErin (Post 45769484)
Yeah I heard that too.

Same here. I also heard that they are re-theming Pirates of the Caribbean to Jake and the Never Land Pirates to attract younger kids.

Orreed 08-09-2012 02:20 PM

[QUOTE=CowboyErin;45769484]Yeah I heard that too.

_____


Where did you two hear that? I'm not saying it's impossible. It just seems weird to tear down an iconic E-Ticket. Also they just had a massive refurbishment back in 2009 and added music in 2010. It seems like a better place for a garden would be in Animal Kingdom or EPOCT.

dizguy2319 08-09-2012 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charliebrown (Post 45667504)
They are tearing down Space mountain to make a garden based around The Curious life Timothy Green.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CowboyErin (Post 45769484)
Yeah I heard that too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlandellie (Post 45769655)
Same here. I also heard that they are re-theming Pirates of the Caribbean to Jake and the Never Land Pirates to attract younger kids.

Don't listen to them. They're just trying to trick you. Space Mountain won't be closing down anytime soon.

theffaddict 08-09-2012 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cinderellalove (Post 45769235)
That is crazy, I don't care how great the movie is, I love this ride!! :furious:

If you actually believed this person then you have no brain.

theffaddict 08-09-2012 03:52 PM

The got rid of the Snow White ride, they are adding two mini castles. In 2014 a seven dwarfs roller coaster will be complete. One of the castles is Belle's castle and there is a character meal inside. It's a ball-themed meal. I believe it is only one table-service cred.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.