The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Fantasmic Dinner Package - Price Fixe and limited menu? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2959622)

goofy4wdw2 07-16-2012 09:27 PM

Fantasmic Dinner Package - Price Fixe and limited menu?
 
We booked Hollywood & Vine Fantasmic Dinner package but we're considering switching to Hollywood Brown Derby. I called tonight to check for ADRs and was told that the Hollywood Brown Derby Fantasmic Dinner package is a price fixe menu ($60.70 for adults, $18.10 for children) that includes an appetizer/entree/dessert/drink but only certain menu items are allowed...only the salad for the appetizer, only two dessert choices, and a handful of entrees. She said Mama Melrose's dinner package is set up similarly (only certain menu items are allowed) but it is slightly less expensive than HBD. I thought the dinner package used the same menu/prices as if paying OOP (we will be OOP, not on the DDP). Any thoughts? Thanks!

catne 07-16-2012 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goofy4wdw2 (Post 45506777)
We booked Hollywood & Vine Fantasmic Dinner package but we're considering switching to Hollywood Brown Derby. I called tonight to check for ADRs and was told that the Hollywood Brown Derby Fantasmic Dinner package is a price fixe menu ($60.70 for adults, $18.10 for children) that includes an appetizer/entree/dessert/drink but only certain menu items are allowed...only the salad for the appetizer, only two dessert choices, and a handful of entrees. She said Mama Melrose's dinner package is set up similarly (only certain menu items are allowed) but it is slightly less expensive than HBD. I thought the dinner package used the same menu/prices as if paying OOP (we will be OOP, not on the DDP). Any thoughts? Thanks!

NOT true...the dining plan people are always quoting this kind of stuff and it's from like 5 years ago when they first started the packages. We've been to both Brown Derby and Mama Melrose...you choose any appetizer, any entree and any dessert at Brown Derby. At Mama Melrose this year it was choose any appetizer, any entree and then they brought a tray of desserts for the table. Both places are fixed price though. You DO pay $60.70 for adults and $18.10 for children at the Brown Derby for the FAntasmic package, regardless of what you order. So even in you ordered the cheapest appetizer, the cheapest entree & the cheapest dessert, you would still pay the set price for the dinner package. I can't remember the cash cost of Mama Melrose, but I want to say it was around $45 or $48 for adults...we didn't have any kids in our group. So bottom line...you order what you want, but you do pay the fixed price for the 3 course meal .:thumbsup2

LillsnJills 07-16-2012 09:45 PM

Is it the same when using the DxDP? We have Fantasmic ADR at HBD and didn't count on it being prix fixe.

TinkerbellinLouisian 07-16-2012 10:03 PM

DHS F! Dining
 
H&V: OP - I would keep this IMHO if I were you... Just a better selection with "Little ones" KIDS buffet, and a "Make your own sundae buffet"... can't miss with that !

MM: Yes - What PP said. Fixed Price... we paid $480 for 6 "Adults"...LOVED the meal... Appy's, entree and sampler desserts plus the F! dining....

HBD: Similar FP menu.... but did not enjoy HBD as much until we did Imagineer dining...

Have a magical visit !

Mary

catne 07-16-2012 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LillsnJills (Post 45506962)
Is it the same when using the DxDP? We have Fantasmic ADR at HBD and didn't count on it being prix fixe.

When using the Deluxe dining Hollywood Brown Derby always takes 2 table service credits because it is a "signature" dining experience....whether you're booking the FAntasmic package or just gettinga reservation for dinner there, you'll pay 2 table service credits.

On deluxe dining, you're getting the appetizer/entree/dessert at every restaurant, whether or not you book the package...but to get the FAntasmic tickets you must book the reservation as the Fantasmic Dinner Package.

The only way to get the Fantasmic tickets with the dining package is to pay the set price...people used to try to book the Fantasmic package and then go in and order a dessert to split...thinking they would get the tickets and only spend $10-15 for a dessert & coffees for 2. Lots of disappointed folks when they find out they have to pay the full package price for everyone on the reservation to get the tickets. Even the Disney website is not all that clear that this is the way it works...but it is!

goofy4wdw2 07-17-2012 04:58 PM

Thanks everyone! I'm glad to hear that the package allows you to choose anything on the menu rather than only a few items. We did Hollywood and Vine for lunch last trip so we might want to change things up and try Hollywood Brown Derby for a change since the price is not much different with the Fantasmic package anyway. My daughter has food allergies so they often have to prepare something special even at buffets and my boys will eat most anything so the kids buffet at H&V isnt a big draw for us. Thanks again!

havoc315 07-17-2012 05:30 PM

Can anyone confirm the $60 price per adult? That seems steep, given that most of the menu items are around $30 (and apps and desserts are under $10 apiece). The pricing I'm seeing online may be old and outdated, but I saw this pricing on some sites:
Adults (anyone over the age of 9): $50.05 or $58.57

Assuming they have indeed increased the price to $60.70, is that a peak season price? Or year round price?

heidi8 12-06-2012 02:16 PM

Replying to bump this - we have a lunchtime Fantasmic package in two weeks - but I can't seem to find the menu or what the actual price is. Any ideas or links?

purple figment 12-06-2012 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heidi8 (Post 46869548)
Replying to bump this - we have a lunchtime Fantasmic package in two weeks - but I can't seem to find the menu or what the actual price is. Any ideas or links?

If you're dining at HBD or MM, you will order off the regular menu except for the dessert sampler at MM as noted by a PP. Both places have the same menu all day so there is no difference in the lunch or dinner offerings. For H&V the F!Dining Package is only for dinnertime. You can check allears, the Disney site or wdw info for menus.

As far as exact prices, you can try calling the dining line and asking about your specific date and restaurant.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.