The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   which moderate? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2957253)

TIGGER1981 07-12-2012 09:26 PM

which moderate?

It's just me and my boyfriend...29 and 32...what would you suggest?

shannonstar 07-12-2012 09:40 PM

www.portorleans.org

They have a lot more pictures than the Disney website.

CanadianPaco 07-13-2012 06:47 AM

We haven't stayed at POR but visitied when we stayed at POFQ and found it a bit of a bore. I chose Coronado Springs - beautiful setting, awesome pool!:blush:

Missytara 07-13-2012 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadianPaco
We haven't stayed at POR but visitied when we stayed at POFQ and found it a bit of a bore. I chose Coronado Springs - beautiful setting, awesome pool!:blush:

I think that proves people have to do research based on their taste.

I found CSR to be very boring and loved POR. It is very hard when someone asks - which mod - or which deluxe - without offering a few things they researched about each resort and asked why people liked one compared to another.

Mater246 07-13-2012 07:44 AM

CSR is much better for two adults. It has the dance club, a bar on the lake, fitness center, small spa and more.

You'll love CSR as a couple. You can be at Disney and yet feel like your in Mexico at the same time. The white sand beaches with hammocks are very romantic. Nice place to hang out after a day at the parks.

saskdw 07-13-2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mater246 (Post 45468049)
CSR is much better for two adults. It has the dance club, a bar on the lake, fitness center, small spa and more.

You'll love CSR as a couple. You can be at Disney and yet feel like your in Mexico at the same time. The white sand beaches with hammocks are very romantic. Nice place to hang out after a day at the parks.

Yep, everything here plus the largest hottub on WDW property.

Julie711 07-13-2012 11:45 AM

DH and Myself stayed @ CBR a few times before, first time for our Honeymoon and loved it. We love the Caribbean feel, music , landscaping & beaches. The pool area is awesome with water slides and hot tubs to relax in after a long day @ the parks. This resort is large, but thats what appeals to us b/c you dont feel so compacted with other guests. Rooms are a nice size and always clean. Food court is ok, just IMO your average food court. Nice gift shop. Bus transportation is good, none of our stays did we wait more then 15 minutes for a bus, MK is the futherest park which is about 15 min, all other parks are within 5-7 minutes. :thumbsup2

KELLY 07-13-2012 11:56 AM

Quote:

Getting another vote.

indigoxtreme 07-13-2012 12:03 PM

POR is great with River side or French Quarter Like Prev Poster said it depends on your taste. They are sister resorts so all amenities are available for you touse at both. Boat to DTD is wonderful. Also Bob in the Bar at POR is great my son age 29 loved it as well as his wife. The mansion are great at POR Look at the portorleans.org as suggested tons of info and current picture with refurbishments Now have queen beds etc. Have a great time:goodvibes

Hitchhiking Ghost 07-13-2012 12:12 PM

Another vote for POR. It has something no other resort can boast, Yeeha Bob, who puts on a great show at the River Roost.

CSR has been the only moderate we haven't stayed at. As a family of 5 we are now forced to POR, which is good as its basically our favorite anyway. I think we walked thru CSR once but I don't recall anything standing out to me. I think we we always scared off by it being a "convention" resort.

tofubeast 07-13-2012 12:20 PM

CSR for reasons above. Rooms have a bit more deluxe feel to them too. Great bus service as well.

elaw 07-13-2012 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER1981 (Post 45465604)
It's just me and my boyfriend...29 and 32...what would you suggest?

Seeing that you are from Connecticut, you might enjoy CSR and its Spanish/Southwest theme or CBR and it's Caribbean theme more than POR's lush green southern theme(s).
But then again ... you never know. I'm originally from CT and much prefer POR over the others :confused3

Hooked On The Mouse 07-13-2012 12:50 PM

I think you just need to review pictures and video of the resorts and see which one appeals the most to you. I voted for CSR, because we loved it. We weren't impressed with POR, but I know it is a favourite resort for many on these boards. We've never stayed at CBR, but we have several groups of friends who have and who enjoyed it.

KatMark 07-13-2012 12:53 PM

Quote:

Ditto! :thumbsup2

vettegirl 07-13-2012 01:16 PM

My DH and I love CSR, it's more adult than any of the other resorts on property.