The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Weddings and Honeymoons (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Escape Brides! Help1 (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2954217)

jennamarie 07-07-2012 10:13 PM

Escape Brides! Help1
 
Looking into Escape weddings, so Escape wedding ladies! I have a question for you! :)

Have any of you stayed very close to the 5,750 minimum expenditure for the wedding pavilion? or think it would be easy to? If I were going to do it, I wouldn't really care about adding anything besides Cinderella's carriage and an MK photoshoot.. Just wondering :)

MickeysStarTrader 07-09-2012 01:12 PM

I hope I've understood your question correctly, forgive me if I haven't, but from what I understand the $5,750 is not a minimum expenditure for an Escape wedding at the wedding pavilion, that is the total cost of the package. (Without tax or gratuity to pay on top either). The floral, music, cake, champagne, venue rental, limo, park passes, photography, etc that Disney provide you with are included in that amount. If you wish to add enhancements such as videography, extra floral, Cinderella's carriage, then you pay for that in addition to the $5,750 package price. However, if you have your Escape wedding on a Saturday or Sunday you have a minimum expenditure of $7,500 to meet, of which the $5,750 Escape package counts. (So $7,500 - $5,750 = $1,750 left to pay in enhancements etc). The $7,500 minimum expenditure is triggered also if you add a private catered event/reception to your ceremony on any day of the week.

jennamarie 07-10-2012 08:59 PM

Thank you! I misunderstood, but you answered my question perfectly :)

MickeysStarTrader 07-11-2012 10:24 AM

Happy I could help! :goodvibes DFTW can be really confusing, I wouldn't even try to explain the room block!

jennamarie 07-12-2012 11:41 AM

Haha I am going to go talk to them when I get down there I'm December! Hopefully they will be more clear in person ;) haha

xAshleyx 09-18-2012 04:28 PM

I have a question too. What kind of guidelines is there for catered events or reception after an escape wedding ?
I wanted to have lunch at the Whitehall room or Ariel's after the wedding ? Is there an overall minimum or just a per person minimum ? This would count towards the weekend minimum expenditure for WP as well, right ?
Where do I get an idea on menu choices ? Disney catered events or dftw?
And lastly. Would either of these venues have linens and any basic room decor ?- or do I have to pay extra for that? Obviously in know floral would be extra. But just basic tables with linens

lurkyloo 09-18-2012 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xAshleyx (Post 46198493)
What kind of guidelines is there for catered events or reception after an escape wedding ?
I wanted to have lunch at the Whitehall room or Ariel's after the wedding ? Is there an overall minimum or just a per person minimum ?

Adding a catered event triggers the minimum described above (although it goes up to $8,000 in 2013). There is no per-person minimum, but there is a venue-specific food and beverage minimum that you will need to get from your planner. Figure on $750–$1,500.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xAshleyx (Post 46198493)
This would count towards the weekend minimum expenditure for WP as well, right ?

Yes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xAshleyx (Post 46198493)
Where do I get an idea on menu choices ? Disney catered events or dftw?

Your DFTW planner would give you the menus. You can see examples of past menus on Magical Kingdoms' website under: /ftw/wdw/menus.html

The menus are very flexible, so if you find things you like on an old menu or wanted to request something off the menu, your planner can get a quote from the catering team.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xAshleyx (Post 46198493)
And lastly. Would either of these venues have linens and any basic room decor ?- or do I have to pay extra for that? Obviously in know floral would be extra. But just basic tables with linens

All the venues come with white linens and just whatever decor is already in the room (like all the tchotchkes at the Attic). The catering team dresses up the buffet tables, if you have them.

xAshleyx 09-18-2012 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lurkyloo (Post 46199839)
Adding a catered event triggers the minimum described above (although it goes up to $8,000 in 2013). There is no per-person minimum, but there is a venue-specific food and beverage minimum that you will need to get from your planner. Figure on $750–$1,500.



Yes.



Your DFTW planner would give you the menus. You can see examples of past menus on Magical Kingdoms' website under: /ftw/wdw/menus.html

The menus are very flexible, so if you find things you like on an old menu or wanted to request something off the menu, your planner can get a quote from the catering team.

[B]

All the venues come with white linens and just whatever decor is already in the room (like all the tchotchkes at the Attic). The catering team dresses up the buffet tables, if you have them.





Thanks lurkyloo. A great help as always :cool1:

Just trying to finaliz our plans. We definitely want the wedding pavillion with a late afternoon lunch reception. I really liked the idea of fultons private room, but not keen on the $2500-$3500 minimum.

Anyone have good ideas for a reasonably priced lunch reception ? Either at wdw or dtd-- just need to be able to have a plated meal....

Chilly 09-19-2012 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennamarie (Post 45459942)
Haha I am going to go talk to them when I get down there I'm December! Hopefully they will be more clear in person ;) haha

Have you booked a site visit? If you just turn up i'm pretty sure all they do is give you a brochure, and that's only if someone is there.

lurkyloo 09-19-2012 01:25 PM

The Wave has a private room that has only a $400 food and beverage minimum at lunch—more info and photos here: http://disneytravelbabble.com/disney...otos/the-wave/

jessa07 09-20-2012 06:08 PM

Have you thought about just having a lunch/dinner at a resort restaurant? Many even have private rooms. We are doing our dinner reception at Il Mulino. :-)

xAshleyx 09-21-2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessa07
Have you thought about just having a lunch/dinner at a resort restaurant? Many even have private rooms. We are doing our dinner reception at Il Mulino. :-)

What f&b minimum do you have there ? How many people are you having ? Are you doing a set menu. Or just ordering off the menu ?!

Lorelei528 09-21-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chilly (Post 46202452)
Have you booked a site visit? If you just turn up i'm pretty sure all they do is give you a brochure, and that's only if someone is there.

Yes, this, what Claire said....

jennamarie 10-01-2012 02:26 PM

Does anyone have escape budgets, estimated costs, they would be willing to share? We recently have been talking more seriously about this, and I want to get a good idea of what it might cost. We wouldnt really be adding extra floral and would prob just do dinner at a restaurant later and prob a cinderella's castle photo shoot, because thats part of the reason why we are deciding this, but literally anything that would help me budget wise would be awesome. I know there is a book out there many of you have talked about, but is it really worth the buy? And literally any info about this would help! Kind of confused! lol

princesswendy720 10-02-2012 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennamarie
Does anyone have escape budgets, estimated costs, they would be willing to share? We recently have been talking more seriously about this, and I want to get a good idea of what it might cost. We wouldnt really be adding extra floral and would prob just do dinner at a restaurant later and prob a cinderella's castle photo shoot, because thats part of the reason why we are deciding this, but literally anything that would help me budget wise would be awesome. I know there is a book out there many of you have talked about, but is it really worth the buy? And literally any info about this would help! Kind of confused! lol

The passporter ebook is around $10 and an amazing investment! You can download it for free every time she updates it. Escape packages are inclusive and range from $4,925 to $6,200 depending on which location you want. The MK shoot is currently $1,500.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:18 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.