The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   What breakfast buffet to choose? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2941870)

Becky0216 06-13-2012 09:26 AM

What breakfast buffet to choose?

I need to make one breakfast character buffet ADR for our Dec. trip. What is your favorite and why? :confused3 We would like a place with an omlet station and home fries.
I am usually against table service breakfast because I feel we are better off with a bowl of cereal in the morning to start the day. The past 2 years we did one just for the experience. We have done Chef Mickeys and 1900 Park Fare. Neither was really that great but the interaction was nice. I won't repeat 1900 park fare but will consider anything else.
Thank you in advance for your consideration.
Becky

kanderson89 06-13-2012 09:29 AM

We love the Crystal Palace. Great food - omelet station but not sure on home fries.....can't remember....there are plenty of sites that give the menus for all the Disney restaurants.

Fun characters - Pooh, Piglet, Eeyore, Tigger.

And elbow room - not as cramped as 1900 Park Fare.

Give it a whirl.

KELLY 06-13-2012 09:53 AM

We are on the QSDP. Just paying OP for a couple of TS breakfast. Dh choose Cp. I picked H&V but it was mostly for the character there more than the food.

momtoamulan 06-13-2012 09:54 AM

Food alright at askerhaus

But my dd lves seeing the princesses..esp., thrilled when she saw mulan!

Becky0216 06-13-2012 09:57 AM

We are on the DDP so cost isn't an issue. Crystal palace seems like a good choice. Is it much better than Chef Mickey's?
Not interested in the family style breakfasts because we have too many picky eaters in our group. Makes more sense to have a large selection.

valeriemouse 06-13-2012 10:17 AM

I also loved Crystal Palace. Food is great, and character interaction is great. But, I have to say, nothing beats Boma for me. I've eaten there for breakfast 3 times (this trip will be number 4). I love the food, and I also love that animal sightseeing is just a short walk away :thumbsup2

kanderson89 06-13-2012 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky0216 (Post 45169325)
We are on the DDP so cost isn't an issue. Crystal palace seems like a good choice. Is it much better than Chef Mickey's?
Not interested in the family style breakfasts because we have too many picky eaters in our group. Makes more sense to have a large selection.

I have not been to Chef Mickey's yet (2013!). We just love the food and ambience of the CP and those particular characters. Huge breakfast buffet and quality was quite good. Everything from biscuits and gravy (yum!) to waffles to fruit to omelets to bacon, etc. Plus, an early breakfast time will get you into the park early. Was really neat to walk down mainstreet and snap a photo with no one around.

makingplans4WDW 06-13-2012 11:43 AM

My family would vote for Donald's Safari Breakfast at TH in AK. The food was excellent. My DH has much love for their cinnamon rolls. (It's been 4 months and he still talks about them!) I can't remember if there is an egg/omelet station though, but I'm sure the latest menus will say. My kids really enjoyed the character interaction. My daughter was so excited to see Daisy!

Paradise18 06-13-2012 01:11 PM

Another vote for Donald's Breakfast Safari in AK. It is a family favourite. The food is excellent and we have always had good character interaction.

thelionqueen 06-13-2012 01:37 PM

Crystal Palace is OK, the food was good overall but I'd pick Chef Mickey's. I have to say that the "Pooh Clan" are not my favorite characters, so that may make me biased.

To me though, nothing is better than the "Fab 5" walking around in the CR while I'm eating. Plus you can see the monorails go by which in and of itself is AMAZING! I also liked the food much better @ CM's.

Chef Mickey's will also be a harder ADR to get, so if you do go that route, (or with any character buffet really) do it asap. Enjoy! :goodvibes

Harlemgirl720 06-13-2012 02:03 PM

I would pick Boma and then Donalds Safari Breakfast. But if characters are a must then Donalds.

Pluto27 06-13-2012 02:53 PM

I'll put my vote in for Donald's Breakfast Safari. There is such a wide variety of choices for breakfast, great character interaction and I love the location. Come out from breakfast in the morning and jump right on Kilamanjaros Safari.

gabzee 06-13-2012 04:19 PM

I would pick CP. They have an omelette station and if you have a pre-park ADR it is great to be able to walk Main Street when it is empty.

anf002 06-13-2012 04:23 PM

Boma is incredible. The number of food choices is wonderful. There is an excellent video on YouTube that shows the entire buffet. It's I'd worth checking out.

Julie711 06-13-2012 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paradise18 (Post 45171352)
Another vote for Donald's Breakfast Safari in AK. It is a family favourite. The food is excellent and we have always had good character interaction.

Agreed :thumbsup2