The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Pre-Trip Reports and Plans (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   No ticker for 2 year and then 2 in a week (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2940765)

CRdisMom 06-11-2012 12:54 PM

No ticker for 2 year and then 2 in a week
 
:cool1: Hi there

I'm Laura. One of the Dis Moms. I thought after my last trip May 2011( BWV) that I wouldn't be going back to my happy place for nearly 2 years. DH (tim) likes WDW but doesn't LOVE it like I do. So needless to say I was unhappy but we have found lots to do in the mean time.

Then two weeks ago I hear rumbling that the DIS moms are off to hit the dream again. I have fear of ships. I know crazy right. Someone let me watch the Posedion Adventure as a child and that did me in. I still have nightmares about Ernest Borgnine having to save us all as we climb to the bottom of the ship to be saved. Therapy would help but really that would take away from my WDW saving account :rotfl2: So anyway I learned that the moms would be doing a brief land trip so I am cashing in my disney dollars and miles and joining them for a few days in May 2013.

So soon after I had told DH about this little plan of mine, I get call from him while at work asking if I wanted to go to Orlando in August without the kids. Of course any good vacation planning knows what I thought next. :laughing: I can sneak to WDW!! Well he first told me he was staying at a Hilton. I said sure I'll go with you and then we can sneak away to the Keys for along weekend. He mumbled something about NOT going to WDW. I reluctantly agreed. :headache: But then I got the address of the Hilton. It wasn't the airport one, or the DTD one but BONNET CREEK!! Umm hello I had to find away to get to the parks at that point. So we agreed that I will go while he is working and still hit the Keys for the weekend. My kids hate me right about now for all of the trips I have had without them :rolleyes:

So here is where I am at. DH is flying in on a Monday and I will meet him on Wednesday. I thought about doing the Mears shuttle ($21 one way) but I got a heck of a deal thru SIXT car rental. We need a car to drive to the Keys on that Friday-Sunday. I had quoted Hertz at the Hilton (nearly $50 more for less days:confused:) and I still come out ahead while paying for parking ($13/day). I am going to buy a pass thru his work that is a buy 4 get 3 free and then upgrade that once I get to WDW for a non-expiring pass. I also found that I can get DH a convention entrance pass for the Thursday night so we will go to Epcot for drinks around the world. :yay:

I have us booked in a small B&B off of Duval St. in Key West.

Now my trouble is how to deal with the tolls. Do I keep all of the change out, pay for it per day ($6.00) or get a sun pass and risk having it attached to the car. Oh my first world troubles...laalalala:lmao:

jedijill 06-11-2012 01:04 PM

Wow...I love surprise trips!

Jill in CO

dizneeat 06-11-2012 01:05 PM

Subbing .....

Now going back to read! :lmao:

dizneeat 06-11-2012 01:13 PM

First off ..... have NO fear getting on a Disney ship! ;) They are Mouse owned and pixie dust protected. Believe me, we sailed through 2 hurricanes on them.
You might reconsider and join the DISmoms in 2013 (seems like they liked their cruise, since they are rebooked :lmao:)

And I love your plans for your August trip. We are definitely going to pass each other on the way to the keys. What a shame. When are you leaving Key West? Sunday? We'll spend the night from Sunday to Monday at Key Largo ... so maybe??

CityGirlLost 06-11-2012 03:00 PM

YAY!!!!!! You thought it would be two years before you were back!

(Are you sure you don't want to plan a halloween trip with the kids????)

MAGICFOR2 06-12-2012 12:55 AM

Checking In! Surprise trips are the best!

So a few days on land, eh? Now that I know we aren't going until July, I might see if I can convince Jim It will be allright to see the ax-murderers for a few days - :idea:

CRdisMom 06-12-2012 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dizneeat (Post 45149654)
First off ..... have NO fear getting on a Disney ship! ;) They are Mouse owned and pixie dust protected. Believe me, we sailed through 2 hurricanes on them.
You might reconsider and join the DISmoms in 2013 (seems like they liked their cruise, since they are rebooked :lmao:)

And I love your plans for your August trip. We are definitely going to pass each other on the way to the keys. What a shame. When are you leaving Key West? Sunday? We'll spend the night from Sunday to Monday at Key Largo ... so maybe??

Karin--I may be able to make it work knowing you will be on Key Largo. I'd love to see you. Plus DH may go for it after driving on the over sea highway for so long:goodvibes

I did say that my first cruise with DH. So we will see what happens.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CityGirlLost (Post 45150849)
YAY!!!!!! You thought it would be two years before you were back!

(Are you sure you don't want to plan a halloween trip with the kids????)

Juli---I so need to go in October. It's my birthday month after all. Plus I hear there is something really fun going on that last week of the month:love:

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 (Post 45155799)
Checking In! Surprise trips are the best!

So a few days on land, eh? Now that I know we aren't going until July, I might see if I can convince Jim It will be allright to see the ax-murderers for a few days - :idea:

Ok...I'm going May 3-6. Join us. We need to get another room though as we have the 1 bdrm at Jambo House full. My cousin is dying to go with us to. Her cousin has worked for Disney for 16 years and get all sorts of perks. We could pack the park if everyone who wanted to come with us did. :grouphug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by jedijill (Post 45149544)
Wow...I love surprise trips!

Jill in CO

Jill- Thanks. I was stunned that I two came along in such a short period of time. :yay:

CRdisMom 06-12-2012 03:34 PM

I am discovering that once you are 60 days and less, you spend more time on the DIS than housework. Yup hubby has even noticed:laundy: Something about having clean undies and socks---sheesh. I can't wait to see what Fantasyland looks like. The whole family was there in 2010 and the work had just started so it has been fun to see the slow progression of it all.

I am dying to ride Peter Pan again. That's my favorite ride. Corny I know. It is something about the theme in that movie that gets me everytime. I guess I don't want to grow up.

Back in the real world (aka Minnesota) I am training like a mad woman:rotfl2: for the Warrior Dash on the 28. It is a 5K race at a ski resort ( yup have those here but really they are just really big hills near the Mississippi River) So it will be up hill and then a ton of obstacles and then back down the hill into a LARGE puddle of mud. There will be people at that point with large hoses to spray us off. Praying for a decent day.

I have the runners itch so bad I signed up for another one the weekend before we leave. Crazy huh? :confused3 This one is for women only and it is called the Dirty Girl. I am running this one with all of my Catholic School mom friends. I just want the window cling and to see all the faces at school with that on my truck:rotfl: It should be easier but still just as muddy. So when the 8th rolls around I will more than ready to go and relax at my favorite place.

I still need to book a car to take me to the airport for the 7 am flight. That means leaving here at 5. Ugh. I need to call Delta to see how much an upgrade to first class costs. :rolleyes: or at least Economy Plus. I will need my rest after all the crazy.

MAGICFOR2 06-12-2012 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRdisMom (Post 45157102)
Karin--I may be able to make it work knowing you will be on Key Largo. I'd love to see you. Plus DH may go for it after driving on the over sea highway for so long:goodvibes

I did say that my first cruise with DH. So we will see what happens.



Juli---I so need to go in October. It's my birthday month after all. Plus I hear there is something really fun going on that last week of the month:love:



Ok...I'm going May 3-6. Join us. We need to get another room though as we have the 1 bdrm at Jambo House full. My cousin is dying to go with us to. Her cousin has worked for Disney for 16 years and get all sorts of perks. We could pack the park if everyone who wanted to come with us did. :grouphug:



Jill- Thanks. I was stunned that I two came along in such a short period of time. :yay:

I'll see if my SIL will come with me - we might stay at SOG and just catch up with you! :cool1:

MAGICFOR2 06-12-2012 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRdisMom (Post 45162250)
I am discovering that once you are 60 days and less, you spend more time on the DIS than housework. Yup hubby has even noticed:laundy: Something about having clean undies and socks---sheesh. I can't wait to see what Fantasyland looks like. The whole family was there in 2010 and the work had just started so it has been fun to see the slow progression of it all.

I am dying to ride Peter Pan again. That's my favorite ride. Corny I know. It is something about the theme in that movie that gets me everytime. I guess I don't want to grow up.

Back in the real world (aka Minnesota) I am training like a mad woman:rotfl2: for the Warrior Dash on the 28. It is a 5K race at a ski resort ( yup have those here but really they are just really big hills near the Mississippi River) So it will be up hill and then a ton of obstacles and then back down the hill into a LARGE puddle of mud. There will be people at that point with large hoses to spray us off. Praying for a decent day.

I have the runners itch so bad I signed up for another one the weekend before we leave. Crazy huh? :confused3 This one is for women only and it is called the Dirty Girl. I am running this one with all of my Catholic School mom friends. I just want the window cling and to see all the faces at school with that on my truck:rotfl: It should be easier but still just as muddy. So when the 8th rolls around I will more than ready to go and relax at my favorite place.

I still need to book a car to take me to the airport for the 7 am flight. That means leaving here at 5. Ugh. I need to call Delta to see how much an upgrade to first class costs. :rolleyes: or at least Economy Plus. I will need my rest after all the crazy.

Even if you are 390 days away, you want to spend more time on the DIS than :laundy: :rotfl2:

Wow! I'm impressed with all your running! Make sure you have good tread running downhill in the mud - you will see what I mean on my TR :sad2:

oceanwave 06-13-2012 07:27 AM

Oh wow a surprise trip! So much fun!

Good luck on your upcoming races. Sounds intense!

As for the cruise, you will have a blast! Haven't done a Disney cruise (though I am trying really hard to find a reason to), but have done a transatlantic cruise and initially the thought of not seeing land for 5 days was a little freaky, but you tend to forget your on a ship because you get very involved in all the activities!

CRdisMom 06-13-2012 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oceanwave (Post 45167683)
Oh wow a surprise trip! So much fun!

Good luck on your upcoming races. Sounds intense!

As for the cruise, you will have a blast! Haven't done a Disney cruise (though I am trying really hard to find a reason to), but have done a transatlantic cruise and initially the thought of not seeing land for 5 days was a little freaky, but you tend to forget your on a ship because you get very involved in all the activities!

I will get over it soon. It make take therapy to do it but I will get on a ship:rotfl2:

CRdisMom 06-13-2012 06:35 PM

Okay big dliema now....hubby and one of his coworkers may bail on the Wednesday night food activities. He said find a place that is fun to eat at Disney that doesn't require a ticket. I thought of Sannaa and maybe the Blue Zoo. But what is another option? Co-worker is a big foodie.

hubby is done at 1 on Thursday. He will join me at the parks that day so he will need a day ticket plus a park hopper--thank god for convention tickets. So lots of fun for the two of us that day. Epcot is open until 9 and then MK until 12.

CRdisMom 06-15-2012 09:14 AM

Oh thank goodness for mousesavers. DH's company had a deal for 7 day PH for the $ of a 3 PH. I missed it! doH! but was able to get a better deal thru undercover tourist. $307 for 6 days. Now once I am there I will use my disney $$ to upgrade the tickets to non-expiring.

anewmac 07-03-2012 12:36 AM

Playing catch up! How fun 1st off to have a fun get away adult trip. I couldnt drag E to dland, or wdw if it was just us. he will go with the kids but NOT just me... hmm maybe its me? LOL

Oh and cant wait to hear about Key west we have always wanted to go there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 (Post 45166321)
I'll see if my SIL will come with me - we might stay at SOG and just catch up with you! :cool1:

:banana: FUN!! we should have a big pajama party!or wear our mickey jammies to breakfast LMAO

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRdisMom (Post 45174807)
I will get over it soon. It make take therapy to do it but I will get on a ship:rotfl2:

I have therapy for you.. LIQUID Therapy.. or is that liquid courage... either way it will help you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRdisMom (Post 45189196)
Oh thank goodness for mousesavers. DH's company had a deal for 7 day PH for the $ of a 3 PH. I missed it! doH! but was able to get a better deal thru undercover tourist. $307 for 6 days. Now once I am there I will use my disney $$ to upgrade the tickets to non-expiring.

SCORE! thats $50 a day.
oh ya and laundry.. hmm whats that :laundy: I tell the boys to go commando when they dont have any clean chonies:eek: lol


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.