The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Adventures By Disney (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   Lights... Camera... Action! Dates and experience (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2934777)

jsebsirois 05-31-2012 12:47 PM

Lights... Camera... Action! Dates and experience
 
Hey there!

We'll be at Disneyland this October and we were thinking about doing the day-long excursion Lights... Camera... Magic!

The only information I can find is that the tour is available until Summer 2012.

Anyone knows if it will be extended to Fall 2012?

Also, if you've done the tour, how was it?

jsebsirois 05-31-2012 12:48 PM

Forgot my manners :

Thanks in advance!

sayhello 05-31-2012 01:36 PM

Welcome to the ABD Forum!!

ABD seems to be playing this one by ear. Originally, it was only available for a couple of months, then got extended another month, then got extended for the summer. I think they're trying to judge what the demand is like, and then going from there. So it's anyone's guess if it will get extended again.

Oh, by the way, the tour is called "Lights...Camera...Magic!", not "Action". :thumbsup2

Sayhello

shellie may 05-31-2012 02:46 PM

I'm booked to go on the day long tour at the end of June I've never done anything ABD so I'm super excited about it.

I have the itinerary for the trip if you want I can post it later if you want it tells you what you do at what time

jsebsirois 05-31-2012 04:33 PM

Sure! It would be nice to have all that information!

And sorry about that mistake in the name of the tour!!!

wishiwasindisneyjen 06-01-2012 07:52 AM

I am booked for 9/28 on this tour. Give them a call, they may have dates out to your timeframe.

jsebsirois 06-01-2012 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wishiwasindisneyjen (Post 45050788)
I am booked for 9/28 on this tour. Give them a call, they may have dates out to your timeframe.

Awesome!

I'll try that this weekend!

jsebsirois 07-22-2012 08:58 AM

Me again!

We called again this week and dates are not out yet for our October trip to Disneyland...

Anyone knows if the excursion is offered every day? If it's on selected days, are they always the same? Here's the deal : we're planning to do the Mickey's Halloween Party on Monday, October 15th but we don't want that day to be the only day where the excursion is offered...

Thanks in advance!

sayhello 07-22-2012 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsebsirois (Post 45567163)
Me again!

We called again this week and dates are not out yet for our October trip to Disneyland...

Anyone knows if the excursion is offered every day? If it's on selected days, are they always the same? Here's the deal : we're planning to do the Mickey's Halloween Party on Monday, October 15th but we don't want that day to be the only day where the excursion is offered...

Thanks in advance!

It's been a while (a few months) but last I heard, the tour was only offered on Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays. Obviously, that's always open to change.

Sayhello

owensamo 07-22-2012 08:11 PM

We just got back from a 3 week trip to California, and took this tour on a Tuesday. I know Friday was also an option - not sure about Thursday. It definitely wasn't offered every day.

It was a fun trip - and enough to get us hooked on ABD! The Studio tour was great for history/architecture buffs, but the kids might not have gotten much out of it. Filming was on hiatus while we were there, so no one exciting was on the lot (much to the chagrin of one of the teenage junior adventurers on our trip!).

Our tour guides were great - native to the area, one normally worked in Guest Relations at DL doing VIP tours, and the other worked at ABD corporate in Burbank. We hit Hollywood & Highland, saw the Dolby Theater, had lunch at the Farmer's Market, and then spent the afternoon at the studio.

I enjoyed the tour, but it's obvious that the Walt Disney Studios is a working studio and not set up for tours. It was a lot of history, buildings, and photos on walls. There was some cool stuff, and we got to see sets from an upcoming midseason replacement comedy, but I was surprised the kids on the tour lasted through it all - there's not much there to interest them! Our DD loved it, though - and honestly, I thought it was a much better tour than the $49 Warner Brothers tour must have been.

The best part was getting to meet the guides and other adventurers, and seeing the others at the parks and the hotel the rest of our stay. It was kind of nice to see people we knew! I'm very much looking forward to our next ABD - we're planning on China, but not sure when yet. I'd love to do any other trip they offer, though - they're that good!

sayhello 07-22-2012 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by owensamo (Post 45573782)
We just got back from a 3 week trip to California, and took this tour on a Tuesday. I know Friday was also an option - not sure about Thursday. It definitely wasn't offered every day.

It was a fun trip - and enough to get us hooked on ABD! The Studio tour was great for history/architecture buffs, but the kids might not have gotten much out of it. Filming was on hiatus while we were there, so no one exciting was on the lot (much to the chagrin of one of the teenage junior adventurers on our trip!).

Our tour guides were great - native to the area, one normally worked in Guest Relations at DL doing VIP tours, and the other worked at ABD corporate in Burbank. We hit Hollywood & Highland, saw the Dolby Theater, had lunch at the Farmer's Market, and then spent the afternoon at the studio.

I enjoyed the tour, but it's obvious that the Walt Disney Studios is a working studio and not set up for tours. It was a lot of history, buildings, and photos on walls. There was some cool stuff, and we got to see sets from an upcoming midseason replacement comedy, but I was surprised the kids on the tour lasted through it all - there's not much there to interest them! Our DD loved it, though - and honestly, I thought it was a much better tour than the $49 Warner Brothers tour must have been.

The best part was getting to meet the guides and other adventurers, and seeing the others at the parks and the hotel the rest of our stay. It was kind of nice to see people we knew! I'm very much looking forward to our next ABD - we're planning on China, but not sure when yet. I'd love to do any other trip they offer, though - they're that good!

Owensamo, who was your Guide from Guest Relations? It wouldn't happen to have been Cheryl, would it? One of the Guides on my first ABD, (Southwest Splendors) worked in Guest Relations & did VIP tours. She was really great. It would be cool if she's still doing ABD's.

Sayhello

owensjro 07-23-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sayhello (Post 45574871)
Owensamo, who was your Guide from Guest Relations? It wouldn't happen to have been Cheryl, would it? One of the Guides on my first ABD, (Southwest Splendors) worked in Guest Relations & did VIP tours. She was really great. It would be cool if she's still doing ABD's.

Sayhello

Our guides were Natalia and the other girl who had the Aztec name I can't spell nor pronounce :)

Jim

sayhello 07-23-2012 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by owensjro (Post 45580462)
Our guides were Natalia and the other girl who had the Aztec name I can't spell nor pronounce :)

Jim

Oh, well. Thanks! They are all wonderful!

Sayhello

owensamo 07-23-2012 06:27 PM

Our other guide's name was Xochitl, pronounced "Sochie".

KIRSTIN'S MOMMY 07-27-2012 07:56 PM

I asked on the ABD Facebook page if they were extending the tour, since my
DL trip for next month has been pushed to April 2013 (My Dad passed away unexpectedly a couple of weeks ago and he was supposed to go with us to DL :( ). The response I got back was that this tour will be extended until September 2013, and they will be releasing dates in the fall. Hope that helps!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.