The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Adventures By Disney (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   Costa Rica: Costa Rica Coast to Coast Meets Thread (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2933891)

sayhello 05-29-2012 08:43 PM

Costa Rica: Costa Rica Coast to Coast Meets Thread
 
Please post here if you would like to talk with anyone else who has signed up to travel to Costa Rica with ABD.

You can also share information/ask questions about the Costa Rica Coast to Coast ABD.

Please try and keep this thread on topic to discussion and questions about the Costa Rica ABD. Off topic posts will be deleted or moved.

Thanks!
Sayhello

Roll Call:

Current:
  • Jan 31 - Feb 6, 2015
    • - RemembertheMagic98 & best friend
    • - RhiannonGator & husband
Previous:
  • Dec 22 - 28, 2012 - tsgirl & family
  • Mar 16 - 22, 2013 - Gonecruisin' & DD "Chica" (24)
  • Mar 30 - Apr 5, 2013
    • - soldierbot, wife and daughter (7)
    • - emesmom & daughter (11)
  • Jun 8 - 14, 2013 - FishMom3, daughter (almost 10) & ?
  • Jul 6 - 12, 2013 - mmrunsdisney & ?
  • Mar 15 - 21, 2014
    • - Ron Nelson & family
    • - tracyz & family
  • Jul 12 - 18, 2014
    • - tchrrx & ??
    • - ragtopday & ??
  • Jul 19 - 25, 2014
    • - AZlady
    • - EDH Family & son (17)

tsgirl 05-31-2012 05:39 AM

We are booked on the old itinerary this coming Christmas break. Anyone else?

Gonecruisin 06-02-2012 07:26 PM

I am ~this~ close to putting a deposit down for a ABD 2013 Costa Rica trip but can't decide when is the best time to go. It'll just be me and my 24 y/o DD. I want to avoid school vacation weeks & avoid rainy season.
When did you go to Costa Rica? When would you recommend booking a trip to Costa Rica?
We are thinking of arriving one day early and staying one day late. Has anyone ever done this?
I see an Adults only trip scheduled for 2014 but not 2013. Am I missing something or is this correct?
I'd love a link to your trip report if you have one.

Thx! I mean, Gracias! :hippie:

tufbuf 06-02-2012 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonecruisin (Post 45065388)
I am ~this~ close to putting a deposit down for a ABD 2013 Costa Rica trip but can't decide when is the best time to go. It'll just be me and my 24 y/o DD. I want to avoid school vacation weeks & avoid rainy season.
When did you go to Costa Rica? When would you recommend booking a trip to Costa Rica?
We are thinking of arriving one day early and staying one day late. Has anyone ever done this?
I see an Adults only trip scheduled for 2014 but not 2013. Am I missing something or is this correct?
I'd love a link to your trip report if you have one.

Thx! I mean, Gracias! :hippie:

Looks like it. They have only released the partial 2014 schedule, not the spring/summer dates yet.

soldierbot 11-13-2012 03:01 PM

My wife and I are bringing our 7 year old daughter to Costa Rica. We are booked on the Mar 30, 2013 trip. Our previous ABD trip was Italy and we loved the trip and the fantastic experience.:)

emesmom 11-15-2012 07:34 PM

Myself and my 11y/o daughter will also be on the 3/30/13 trip to Costa Rica. This will be our 4th ABD trip, but our first one outside of the USA. Our local paper's travel section just had a big article on Costa Rica. It was very positive and so I am even more excited about the trip now. Look forward to meeting our fellow travelers !

FishMom3 05-04-2013 05:38 PM

My husband and I booked on the June 8 CR trip with our almost 10 yr old daughter - anyone else out there booked for that week?

Ron Nelson 06-04-2013 09:19 AM

our family is booked for March 15-21, 2014. has anyone already done this adventure? some of my extended family have voiced concerns about travelling to costa rica and reading some of the websites it seems the only place you really have to worry about is the airports, has anyone ever had issues in costa rica?

Bobo912 06-04-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron Nelson (Post 48587295)
our family is booked for March 15-21, 2014. has anyone already done this adventure? some of my extended family have voiced concerns about travelling to costa rica and reading some of the websites it seems the only place you really have to worry about is the airports, has anyone ever had issues in costa rica?

I'm fairly easily intimidated, which I why I like to travel with a group, but I felt completely safe in Costa Rica. It's a beautiful country with friendly people and your guides will take good care of you. Have fun!

tchrrx 06-04-2013 11:32 AM

We'll be on the July 12-18, 2014 trip.

Ron Nelson 06-04-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobo912 (Post 48588367)
I'm fairly easily intimidated, which I why I like to travel with a group, but I felt completely safe in Costa Rica. It's a beautiful country with friendly people and your guides will take good care of you. Have fun!

Did you have any issues at the airport before or after the trip? reading alot of negative accounts of people being harrassed etc. i am looking at staying a day before and a day after so i won't have the guides with me.

Bobo912 06-04-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron Nelson (Post 48590493)
Did you have any issues at the airport before or after the trip? reading alot of negative accounts of people being harrassed etc. i am looking at staying a day before and a day after so i won't have the guides with me.

No, not at all. Once we got through customs, we were whisked away by ABD, so we didn't spend much time at the airport after arriving. But we were dropped off early for departure and spent several hours there before our flight home and had no issues at all. It's been a few years since we took this trip though, so the situation could have changed. There are several people on the board who have been to CR recently who will hopefully chime in. We're the negative accounts referring to the San Jose or Liberia airport? When we took the trip we flew in and out of San Jose. The trip has changed since then.

tchrrx 06-05-2013 10:08 AM

Seeing the adapter/converter thread above made me wonder: Do I need to purchase anything like this for the Costa Rica trip? Also, are you able to use free wifi to stay in touch with family at home? Did you take a cell phone? What's the best plan to get for traveling out of country? Thanks!

tracyz 06-05-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron Nelson (Post 48587295)
our family is booked for March 15-21, 2014. has anyone already done this adventure? some of my extended family have voiced concerns about travelling to costa rica and reading some of the websites it seems the only place you really have to worry about is the airports, has anyone ever had issues in costa rica?

Ron, our family is on this trip as well! I've been waiting to see if anyone else on our trip would show up on the DISboards! Hooray!!

platamama 06-06-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tchrrx (Post 48597671)
Seeing the adapter/converter thread above made me wonder: Do I need to purchase anything like this for the Costa Rica trip? Also, are you able to use free wifi to stay in touch with family at home? Did you take a cell phone? What's the best plan to get for traveling out of country? Thanks!

Just got back from Costa Rica (planned our own trip). No need for converters, they use the two-prong outlets (so if you have a grounded three prong plug that won't work). The only things we brought to plug in were our iPhone/iPod chargers and that was no problem, at least where we stayed (in Arenal and Manuel Antonio, kind of Costa Rica 101 areas to visit).

I have an iPhone with Verizon, and brought my phone with me just to use my email on the wifi at the hotels. If you have an iPhone (or other cell phone)with AT&T, you can apparently buy a prepaid SIM card to use when you're in CR, but that wasn't my situation so I didn't look into that any further.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.