The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Adventures By Disney (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   China: Enchanted China Meets Thread (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2933875)

sayhello 05-29-2012 08:22 PM

China: Enchanted China Meets Thread

Please post here if you would like to talk with anyone else who has signed up to travel to China with ABD.

You can also share information/ask questions about the China: Enchanted China ABD.

Please try and keep this thread on topic to discussion and questions about the China ABD. Off topic posts will be deleted or moved.

Thanks!
Sayhello

Roll Call:

Current:

Previous:
  • Jul 8 - 19, 2012 - deckes
  • Jul 15 - 26, 2012 - CBEB
  • Aug 12 - 23, 2012 - Kez250
  • Jun 2 - 13, 2013 - iloveplutodog & ?
  • Jul 14 - 25, 2013 - JeanJoe & ??
  • Oct 13 - 24, 2013 - Lynn G
  • May 11 - 22, 2014 - engle & ??
  • Jun 15 - 26, 2014 - Cousin Orville & son

Lynn G 05-30-2012 10:23 AM

We are doing the Adults only trip to China starting Oct 13, 2013 - anyone else on this trip? Would also love to discuss add ons for DL Hong Kong and Tokyo.

CBEB 05-31-2012 01:41 AM

We're doing the trip leaving July 15th. Working through the visa process now! Not so easy!

Kez250 05-31-2012 10:41 AM

we're going on the august 12th 2012 trip - getting excited

TDC Nala 05-31-2012 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynn G (Post 45030321)
We are doing the Adults only trip to China starting Oct 13, 2013 - anyone else on this trip? Would also love to discuss add ons for DL Hong Kong and Tokyo.

I'm looking at it! not sure about an add on though...I still have to look into how much time I can take off from work. But going out there without visiting Hong Kong, I don't think so.

deckes 05-31-2012 05:19 PM

We are on the July 8 trip. Getting very excited!!!!

Lynn G 06-01-2012 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TDC Nala (Post 45043467)
I'm looking at it! not sure about an add on though...I still have to look into how much time I can take off from work. But going out there without visiting Hong Kong, I don't think so.

We would love to see you on the same trip! It looks like you can easily do DL Hong Kong in a day, so that add on would be easy, at this point, we are thinking of hitting Tokyo DL first, just because what little reading I have done says to avoid weekends there, and the tour ends on a Thursday, which means we would hit Tokyo on the weekend. Of course, the front end isn't too much better.

TDC Nala 06-01-2012 01:39 PM

Lynn, I think I could stay till Monday but not much after that.

Lynn G 06-02-2012 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TDC Nala (Post 45053692)
Lynn, I think I could stay till Monday but not much after that.

That sounds good, when are you going to make it official?

pxlbarrel 06-08-2012 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynn G (Post 45051062)
We would love to see you on the same trip! It looks like you can easily do DL Hong Kong in a day, so that add on would be easy, at this point, we are thinking of hitting Tokyo DL first, just because what little reading I have done says to avoid weekends there, and the tour ends on a Thursday, which means we would hit Tokyo on the weekend. Of course, the front end isn't too much better.

You need to avoid HKDL on weekends too ... including Fridays. We went on the Friday after the tour ended (also on a Thursday) and found the park to be pretty crowded. And you can do it one day but realize that it's going to be excruciatingly hot when you go in July....think of Orlando heat and humidity and then add a bit more to it. You can do it in a day but it'll be a pretty stressful one ... one bit of advice would be to just do stuff that you don't see in the American parks.

And Tokyo DL ... whatever you do, AVOID the weekends at any costs. A few years ago, we went there on a Saturday (we were going to go during the week but a typhoon changed our plans.) I swear the entire population of Tokyo came with us to the park. We ended doing only one ride (Pirates) and then spent the rest of time doing shows. The lines for the rides were just too long.

Scott H 06-09-2012 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pxlbarrel (Post 45129064)
You need to avoid HKDL on weekends too ... including Fridays. We went on the Friday after the tour ended (also on a Thursday) and found the park to be pretty crowded. And you can do it one day but realize that it's going to be excruciatingly hot when you go in July....think of Orlando heat and humidity and then add a bit more to it. You can do it in a day but it'll be a pretty stressful one ... one bit of advice would be to just do stuff that you don't see in the American parks.

And Tokyo DL ... whatever you do, AVOID the weekends at any costs. A few years ago, we went there on a Saturday (we were going to go during the week but a typhoon changed our plans.) I swear the entire population of Tokyo came with us to the park. We ended doing only one ride (Pirates) and then spent the rest of time doing shows. The lines for the rides were just too long.

I think we are on the Greece cruise with you, so will pick your brain for tips etc, your trip report was very good, Thanks

Lynn G 06-09-2012 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pxlbarrel (Post 45129064)

That is one of the reasons we picked the Oct 13th trip (that and it was an "adults only" trip)! We were originally planning Tokyo after the AbD, but to avoid the weekend, we will have to go there before the AbD.

pxlbarrel 06-09-2012 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynn G (Post 45132108)
That is one of the reasons we picked the Oct 13th trip (that and it was an "adults only" trip)! We were originally planning Tokyo after the AbD, but to avoid the weekend, we will have to go there before the AbD.

Oh man .... I would have loved to have gone to Tokyo as part of our trip. You need to see Disney Sea as well. :thumbsup2

And in October, the weather *should* be a bit more tolerable. :rotfl:

TDC Nala 06-11-2012 05:51 PM

If I pull the lever (why does she even HAVE that lever?) and book, it'll be Hong Kong Disney after. I have this idea about going to Hawaii in 2014 and maybe then to Japan.

Lynn G 06-12-2012 09:49 AM

We would also do Hong Kong DL afterwards, since the tour ends there. It sounds like you can easily do it in one day.

I am having difficulties finding any guide books (in English) for Hong Kong DL and Tokyo DL. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.