Pre-Trip Report(22) - Commando vs. Chill
Pre-Trip Report - 22 days to go before our split stay at BLT and BWV in a two bedroom suite.
I found this cool article on tips from USA today and MousePlanet.com author Steve Russo.
There's one tip to remember to "Stop and smell the Roses".
I truly believe in this tip although we can also be accused of going a bit Commando on our WDW trips.
Here's my five things I want to do in the "Chill" category this trip:
5. Casually enjoy the MK and Boardwalk area - Take time to watch a Boardwalk performer, catch a sandwich and hangout admiring the atmosphere. These are great area to wander around.
4. Extra Magic Hours - Even though I'm more of a morning person, I really enjoyed the night last year that we stayed in MK till 3am. I had to chill in the pool and room mid afternoon which was not easy to do for my commando side.
3. Watch as many bands and street performers as possible - Staying at BWV should increase this. I like participating too. :banana: :woohoo:
2. Enjoy the pool and resort - I'm looking forward to exploring BWV and pool. Relax time. Jacuzzi. :angel:
1. Enjoy my family - We had a few family "moments" last year. Even though my kids are basically all grown up, there are still precious moments to share. We work too hard and spend to little time enjoying each others company. No better place for some happy moments than WDW and DVC.
What about you? Commando or Chill?
We have moved over to chill. We do our few must do's and then spend a lot of time at the resort pools. Knowing that we will be back makes us less anxious about fitting everything in on a trip. It is so nice to come back from a trip feeling refreshed instead of exhausted! We will be busy on our upcoming trip because our boys like to go, go, go, but when DH and I have gone alone, we tour so leisurely. We are more than happy to just stroll around WS - it never gets old.:goodvibes
Over the past four years, we have had a little one, so we have been able to do the parks in a more casual fashion. Now that DS is 6, there is more focus on rides, so we are losing our gentle strolls through the parks. We are now a little more on the commando side, as well.
On our last trip in March, we made an effort to head back to the resort mid-day to do a little swimming. The weather was fabulous and it was nice to escape the crowds. That experience made us realize that a DVC trip is more than just going to parks. It was so nice to chill at the pool and then go back to the room and take a little nap. We had plenty of time to get in our favorite rides and shows over the course of the week and we were able to relax every day of the trip. We can't do everything every time. And . . . we don't have to . . . with DVC, we will be back!:thumbsup2
We leave in 7 days for our next visit.:cool1: We are doing our first AKV concierge stay for 4 nights. We hoping to get back to the resort early most evenings and take advantage of all that it has to offer. We then move over to BLT for 5 nights and can't wait to try the BLT pool as well as the CR pool. And of course, we can't wait to spend an evening or two at TOTWL. We stayed in a BLT studio last Oct, but we have a 2BR this time, which will be nice. Of course, there were only 3 of us in the studio and we will have 8 in the 2BR, so it may not feel much less cramped.:rotfl2:
EMH are great! We tend to use the AM hours more, simply because our DS6 can't handle the late hours yet. We are getting close. We have 3 late-teens with us on this next trip and probably won't see them most evenings.
We love our DVC!!
Fun Fun Fun
I like your itinerary. :cool1:
Sounds like you didn't get much pool time at BLT last time. My kids and I spent a lot of time at BLT pool last August. My DD and I just walked around CR pool to check it out.
Have a great, relaxing time in the two bedroom. It's awesome!
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:29 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1997-2013, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.