The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Completed Trip Reports (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   It'll Be All Right -A May 2012 TR Closing Thought and PTR Link 8/12* (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2928604)

amazingact21 05-19-2012 08:57 AM

It'll Be All Right -A May 2012 TR Closing Thought and PTR Link 8/12*

It’ll be all right.

I think a lot of us Disney planners and stressers need this phrase branded into our minds when we begin a Walt Disney World vacation.

We should also make this comment a requirement from all parties tagging along:

“Stop worrying; I’m having the time of my life.”

Not everyone agree? Hmm, I kind of assumed that when I began writing those opening lines.

Guess it’s just me. :rolleyes:

The good news is, I did have someone tell me that and I did keep that little token of optimism in my head. (Halfway through the trip, but that’s not important, now is it?) And what resulted from those moments was a new, adventurous, very memorable vacation to Disney.

It resembled Rock ‘N Roller Coaster at times….catapult start, sharp turns, adrenaline high.

Yet ended up similar to exiting through a Pirates-like attraction…serene, slow, relaxed.

No matter how many versions this trip took on, one thing was for certain. The members of the trip experienced a lot of firsts, a lot of laughs, and a lot of setbacks.

I won’t say it was the best trip I’ve ever taken, but I will say it was the one that taught me the most.

I can’t promise this will be the best trip report you’ve ever read, nor can I assure you this will be the most memorable one I, personally, have ever written, but I can tell you that it’ll be full of race information, learning curves, and enough food pictures to get your mouths drooling in envy.

So, without further ado, let us begin….

The Cast:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...2/Dsc08872.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...012/Image1.jpg

Ahh, what great pictures. Smiles all around, the 100 degree sun looming right above us, that look of “I’m going to pass out if I don’t get a sip of water” prevalent on each of our faces. A joyous moment, lemme tell you. :lmao:

I’m kidding, we all really were happy, I just have to giggle, because when choosing a picture of all 3 of us together, it seems like we only snapped a picture when it was in the heat of the day and we were all sweaty and tired.

But, I digress…

The first member of the party is me: Alicia, 21, DISboard member, writer of the PTR for this trip, wife, student, nut case, (wait, what? That’s not accurate!) and most importantly, the biggest Disney fan in the family. My husband might argue this statement, so let me reword. The biggest Disney planner in the family.

DH: Alex, 23, my husband of about, oh, 8 months. He’s been a fan of WDW since 2010, and is not allowed to ever visit without me, because he’d probably buy out Pin Traders and MouseGears. I’d also like to note that he will only be in about half this trip report’s pictures, because he left after 3 days.

The final member of the trip: DM, my mother, age 28 for the past 20 years. This was her first visit to WDW since 2004, and her first stay on-site, and her first time on the Dining Plan, and almost her first everything.

The trip took place May 4th- May 11th, or as I’d like to say, the 7 days the sun burned a hole in Florida.

:beach:

We stayed at All Star Sports, the red-headed stepchild of Disney resorts, and we were there for 2 reasons. (Besides the fact that we love Disney.)

We were all competing in the Expedition Everest 5K Challenge, and my mother and I wanted some mom/daughter time together.

Simple enough reasons, and I am looking forward to talking about how each one went.

But for now I think I’ll end this excruciatingly long post with the cast and trip info and see how many of you are brave enough to follow along on this crazy journey.

Up Next…A Very Brief Update on Departure and Travel Days (because we all know those are like the trailers before the movie. They might be entertaining and enjoyable, but they are more the necessary path you have to go through to get to the good stuff!)

amazingact21 05-19-2012 08:58 AM

Reserved for Chapter Links...:thumbsup2

On the Road Again
Off Topic Post 1
Did You Fly?!
Packet Pickup
They Gave Me a New Husband!
Off Topic Post 2
You Should Try This
Have Fun at wishes!
My Mom Falls for the Poly
A Kingdom Full of Endless Dreams for Every Boy and Girl
I Must be Getting Old
I Like You, You Can Stay
Someone Needs to Clue Those People In
A Small DISboards Convention
The Expedition Everest Challenge Part 1
The Expedition Everest Challenge Part 2
Did I Really Just Beat You?!
Since When is the Great Movie Ride this Popular?
Since When is the Great Movie Ride this Popular Part 2
Life Update
There's No Way I'm Capable of That
They Didn't Even Card Me
Revenge of the Birds
Big News
A DISmeet
Back from our Weekend Getaway
I Wish Every Night Could End this Way
The Start of Mom's Favorite Day
I Wish We Could Go Again
I Could Live off this Rice Forever
Pregnancy Update
Our Good Luck Couldn't Last Forever
Jambo!
Anyone, Anyone?
It's Like Free Entertainment
Gender Reveal
December Day Trip 01
December Day Trip 02
December Day Trip 03
December Day Trip 04
December Day Trip 05
December Day Trip 06
It'll Be All Right
MSEP and Wishes
Down the Rabbit Hole
Just Checking In
DS Has Arrived!
I'm Not Laughing at You, I Promise
There's No Seatbelt, You're Good
I've Died and Gone to Heaven
Don't Drink and Soar
The Most Magical Place in the World is Here
Appease an Old Lady and Just Do It
Who Knew Eeyore Could Be So Scary?
We Need a Cupcake
Closing Thought

MEK 05-19-2012 09:02 AM

First! Yesssssss!

MEK 05-19-2012 09:05 AM

Great start! Sounds like it was an "ah hem" interesting trip.

Hey - I think your mother and I are the same age! :rotfl2:

IheartDDuck 05-19-2012 06:15 PM

Joining. Can't wait to hear more. :goodvibes

teekathepony 05-19-2012 07:03 PM

I'm here for the ups and the downs!

DisneyDreamerMN 05-19-2012 11:22 PM

I am here! Can't wait to read more.

Merida 05-19-2012 11:33 PM

Joining in too!

Elleshoodat 05-20-2012 06:07 AM

I'm in! Your intro has me intrigued; I can't wait to read more! :thumbsup2

Nermel9 05-20-2012 08:39 AM

I'm here! Great start, can't wait to read more! :banana: OMG wasn't it SOOOO freakin hot? I think that was the hottest it's ever been for me on a Disney trip!

amazingact21 05-20-2012 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MEK (Post 44929110)
First! Yesssssss!

:thumbsup2

Quote:

Originally Posted by MEK (Post 44929132)
Great start! Sounds like it was an "ah hem" interesting trip.

Hey - I think your mother and I are the same age! :rotfl2:

Interesting is a good word to use to describe this trip. :rolleyes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by IheartDDuck (Post 44932794)
Joining. Can't wait to hear more. :goodvibes

Thanks for following! I love reading your TRs!:thumbsup2

Quote:

Originally Posted by teekathepony (Post 44933139)
I'm here for the ups and the downs!

Yay! Thanks for following me over from my PTR.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisneyDreamerMN (Post 44934894)
I am here! Can't wait to read more.

Welcome! Thanks for joining in!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merida (Post 44934923)
Joining in too!

Awesome! Thanks for reading!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elleshoodat (Post 44935513)
I'm in! Your intro has me intrigued; I can't wait to read more! :thumbsup2

Thanks! Reading your TR and other May visiters made me want to start mine, even though I told myself I'd wait awhile. :lmao:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nermel9 (Post 44936137)
I'm here! Great start, can't wait to read more! :banana: OMG wasn't it SOOOO freakin hot? I think that was the hottest it's ever been for me on a Disney trip!

Hi Jen! Thanks for joining! Being from FL, you'd think I'd be used to hot weather, but nope...it was insane! Made me miss my freezing cold December trip!:rotfl2:

Eight 05-20-2012 11:55 AM

Joining in! I'm looking forward to hearing about the EE 5K!

chocolateMinnie 05-20-2012 12:45 PM

subscribing :)

Joyciemc 05-20-2012 01:26 PM

I'm here to read along!

And a heck yeah about the heat of a thousand suns that week! I was cursing the Florida sunshine more than once!

wakica 05-20-2012 04:24 PM

I'm heeeerreee!! I tried to start my own tr today but every time I think of starting it I sit at the computer to realize that DH STILL hasn't finished downloading all the trip pics yet from the laptop to the work computer. I want them all in one place before I begin so instead... I had time to pop over to your tr :)

Can't wait to hear about what all went on!!!