The DIS Discussion Forums -

The DIS Discussion Forums - (
-   Countdowns and Live Reports (
-   -   August 2013 (

randy2005 05-19-2012 08:02 AM

August 2013
Any else waiting? Planning on August 24th through September 1st and hoping for free dining :)

dreamscometrue101 05-19-2012 12:26 PM

I'm with you... fortunately I do have 2 trips in between, but it's the trip in August 2013 that I'm going all out for. It will be me and DH and other than our honeymoon to Niagara Falls in 2008, it will be our first trip where it's just the 2 of us, without other family or my son.

I can't wait!

kbmt143 05-21-2012 09:15 AM

September 20-27th!

rloveutionary 05-22-2012 08:58 AM

I am :) I'm currently saving and planning for August 18th-ish to August 24th-ish and super excited. My boyfriend has been there a handful of times including last year with his ex, their kids and her family, but I haven't been there for 15 years (when I was 7, so I really don't remember much!). People always look at me funny when I tell them it's so far away, so it's nice to see people planning that far ahead as well!

jojbell4 05-26-2012 05:34 PM

We are going this August during free dining. Hoping there will be a free dining bounce back for August 2013. If there is we are already planning on taking advantage of that and going back sometime at the end of next August!!!!!!!!!


OThopeful35 06-04-2012 03:25 AM

I'm planning for August too:cool1: I am going to surprise my son. This is going to be the longest wait ever and my will be a disney adult:scared1: I better start saving money now:coffee:

monorailsilver 06-04-2012 10:52 AM


August 2013 can't come soon enough.

Not sure of exact dates yet. That will depend on the plane tickets I the cheapest ones. My dh is shy about 1700 miles to have 5 free tickets at the most expensive sky miles points. So I am hoping he flys one more time by September or my sister can donate that many to us or we buy some crap via sky miles or something like that. Or that we get lower sky miles flights.

So depending on that & if we will have to buy 1 ticket, will depend on our exact dates but I am getting the butterfly feeling in my stomach for booking the room (I will book the room & cancel a few days depending on flights).

taymacsmom 06-20-2012 06:35 AM

Count us in! :cool1: Don't know the exact dates yet because I am waiting patiently :rolleyes2 for package prices to come out. Planning for Aug 16 to around the 24th. We went in Aug. '09 and Aug. '11 with free dining and we are hoping that maybe it will be offered again in '13.:thumbsup2


oufpat 06-27-2012 07:05 PM

Family meeting next week to pick the august 2013 dates, have to co-ordinate dates with 7 adults and 5 children, never too soon to start!!

2Pirates2Princesses 06-27-2012 07:21 PM

We went the third week of August last year and are strongly considering going back in August for our 2013 trip because August seems to work out best for us in regards to our kids' school and activity schedules. We had our choice of either the free dining promotion or kids stay/play free promotion for the week we went last year and I'm hoping for a comparable promotion to be offered next year to keep us onsite again. Guess we better get ready to dig out our ponchos and misting fans :thumbsup2

dsnycrzy 06-28-2012 02:02 PM

I go in August every year so I'll join in:love:

KidaniMom 07-02-2012 11:42 PM

I'm in! After 4 years in a row, we are not going this year. We used all our DVC points last year to bring 12 of us down.

Sooo my thoughts have turned to Aug 2013. We have gone in Aug twice and we found it no hotter than June and better for our schedules. We will all have a great opportunity to see the new Fantasyland attractions without the crazy crowds of this "holiday season".

Has anyone decided where you are staying?

monorailsilver 07-03-2012 07:42 AM


Originally Posted by KidaniMom (Post 45357877)
Has anyone decided where you are staying?

95% sure the Poly.

I am thinking a possible split stay at the BC too but I am not sure.

I would love to stay there again (last time I was 18 & I am double that plus a few) but...I love the Poly, I Love the monorail, I love seeing the castle from the pool or watching the fireworks from the pool.

Currently my dates are August 13-22 but it can change a few days. My daughter has orientation to middle school the week that the 22nd is so I am hoping if she misses the first day or two of it she can do the 3rd day.

I was thinking of spending the longer split stay at the BC and stay there 2nd but again I would miss my castle (yep it is mine :rotfl: ). So then I thought of staying at the BC first for a few days but we like to go to Chef Mickey's that first night & hopping on the monorail is easy peasy.

The other problem I have with a split & I wish Disney would make this easier & I bet they'd make money since people would stay at a pricer resort for a few days when they wouldn't normally. Anyways, would I do dining? Not sure, if I did it would be QSDP & that isn't easy with a split with the tickets (no discount) & the resort mug, would I have to buy 2? I can't do that.

So all arrows are pretty much pointing to just staying at the Poly. But the thought of taking the boat to the studios is so much more exciting then taking a bus.

ProudMomTo3Boys 07-13-2012 01:47 PM

Add me to the hopefully!! We were there last year for free dining and are hoping they offer it next year. Don't know what days we would go yet, again, depends on free dining and airfare.

monorailsilver 07-16-2012 10:06 AM

OK, my husband is already ready to kill me...

I booked last week August 2013...

I told him he needs to decide on the few places that he would like to eat ASAP because Feb will be here before you know it & I need to book dining.

I am not doing the dining plan since my oldest will be 12 when we go & she does not eat like an adult so it isn't worth it money wise for us.

I need to figure out my flights now. We have enough miles to fly for free (5 of us) but the flights from Hartford are not direct & NY is a bit farther & my dh won't fly out of there. We are debating on saving those miles since we'd love to go back to Hawaii again and fly for free again but with all 5 of us (lots of miles we need) or use them. Other option is Jet Blue since they have a direct flight currently from Hartford.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.