The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Transportation (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   November 2012 Car Rental Deals (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2920625)

RweTHEREyet 05-03-2012 11:18 AM

November 2012 Car Rental Deals

I cannot find a thread open on this already. If there is one, please point me in the right direction. If not, I am hoping to find anyone that has found any kind of descent deal for November. :rotfl2:

I actually went to check out Autoslash, based on some threads I read on here, and every company that was returned when I put in my rental information was a company I had not heard of or never used, and I prefer not to go there.

So far the rates I have been finding are just atrocious, and I haven't even found anything that I was willing to book, but I am really just getting started.

So, looking for any contract codes and/or coupon codes that will help, preferably with Alamo or National.

madaboutMickey 05-03-2012 05:10 PM

I had started one about a onth ago but I don't think any one ever responded to it. LOL Kind of early. I did book with Alamo just to have a place to start. Don't have flights booked yet. We usually use Delta out of Cincinnati but their prices are extremely high. Will check SW and Airtran out of Indy when dates are released in June.

TomD 05-03-2012 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madaboutMickey (Post 44784790)
I had started one about a onth ago but I don't think any one ever responded to it. LOL Kind of early. I did book with Alamo just to have a place to start. Don't have flights booked yet. We usually use Delta out of Cincinnati but their prices are extremely high. Will check SW and Airtran out of Indy when dates are released in June.

Same here booked with Alamo using a $35 off code. I booked a
Fullsize Crossover for the week of Thanksgiving for $392. Hoping I can get it down as we get closer to going.

mjplantz 05-03-2012 07:23 PM

We have tentatively booked with National using the KLM code (8572130). We are at $255, insurance included, for 8 days over Thanksgiving week for a Mid-Size. Current coupons expire in September but will keep an eye out for something additional to bring it down another $35 or so. We are Executive Aisle members so will have free pick depending upon what is there when we arrive.

We too are waiting for Southwest prices to be released to lock in our dates and times.

Ed J 05-03-2012 07:29 PM

This is my month also so I'm in for the ride :thumbsup2.

nikkistevej 05-03-2012 09:48 PM

We need a car too, the week of Thanksgiving. It is just me, DH, and DD9, we will be getting a small car- as cheap as possible. :goodvibes

mzspaz 05-06-2012 09:24 AM

I'm guessing (hoping...fingers crossed....doing magic dance) that rates will fall as we get closer to November. I know that they have in the past when we rented a car. I've been watching the rates for the week before Thanksgiving and they just seem so outrageous right now. Then again...so does everything else!

ceburto2 05-26-2012 01:09 PM

National Mini Van Nov 9-18 (9 days)

Hey,

Cancelled our May trip for which we had a minivan for $317 using the KLM code + $35 off weekly rental.

Now booked same vehicle without the $35 coupon (none available for that time yet) used KLM code and got $402. Not bad for this far out from our trip. Hopefully the price will improve a bit closer to the trip or a coupon code will become active.

A note. Tried the same vehicle and time period with just the Emerald Club contract ID and got a rate of $800 :confused3

-ceburto2

Laurabearz 05-29-2012 07:15 PM

Oh Yay!! Gonna be paying close attention to this thread!!
:cool1:

Deesknee 05-29-2012 10:07 PM

:wave2:
Quote:

Originally Posted by ceburto2 (Post 44996873)
Hey,

Cancelled our May trip for which we had a minivan for $317 using the KLM code + $35 off weekly rental.

Now booked same vehicle without the $35 coupon (none available for that time yet) used KLM code and got $402. Not bad for this far out from our trip. Hopefully the price will improve a bit closer to the trip or a coupon code will become active.

A note. Tried the same vehicle and time period with just the Emerald Club contract ID and got a rate of $800 :confused3

-ceburto2

:wave2: we're going to be there almost the same time as you. 1 day less at the end. Not bad $402 for a mini van that week. I usually go priceline, but it's still to early for that. What is a KLM code.? I have emerald club, which I believe tends to be a joke like you said. I have the entertainment book code.

Good luck to all. I'll be watching & posting if I see anything good.

Twinados 05-30-2012 07:21 PM

Count me in. Looking for a deal for our 11/29-12/9 trip.

mjplantz 05-30-2012 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deesknee (Post 45026933)
:wave2:
:wave2: we're going to be there almost the same time as you. 1 day less at the end. Not bad $402 for a mini van that week. I usually go priceline, but it's still to early for that. What is a KLM code.? I have emerald club, which I believe tends to be a joke like you said. I have the entertainment book code.

Good luck to all. I'll be watching & posting if I see anything good.

You can learn about the KLM code here:

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2878667

Deesknee 05-30-2012 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjplantz (Post 45036347)
You can learn about the KLM code here:

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2878667

thank you!

Deesknee 05-30-2012 07:58 PM

Has anyone tried using the BJ's Wholesale Club rental?

nikkistevej 06-11-2012 10:59 PM

Just got my rental using the KLM code for $252.84 from Nov 17th to Nov 26(week of Thanksgiving). Pretty good rate, I did go to KLM's website and "join their club" also just to be on the safe side. :goodvibes