The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Wonder Scavenger Hunt (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2919691)

dthogue 05-01-2012 06:34 PM

Wonder Scavenger Hunt
 
I believe I read somewhere about someone putting together a scavenger hunt for the Wonder - can anyone help me locate this or have any ideas on what I might include???

PrincessShmoo 05-01-2012 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dthogue (Post 44763226)
I believe I read somewhere about someone putting together a scavenger hunt for the Wonder - can anyone help me locate this or have any ideas on what I might include???

We did one on our MR cruise. I'll try to find the paper and post some of the questions.

:cutie:

DisSarahK 05-01-2012 06:38 PM

Oh I'd love to know more about this! My two still don't know about our upcoming Alaska cruise, but my little guy did see a commercial for one of the newer ships and was enthralled with the Midship Detective Agency. I know the Wonder doesn't have that--but a scavenger hunt would be fantastic.

PrincessShmoo 05-01-2012 08:14 PM

OK, this is what I have. Our DIS group was fairly large, and we did this as teams. So, you may want to do some editing if you're having just kids do it.

DISNEY WONDER SCAVENGER HUNT QUESTIONS

1. What are the opening hours of the health center on any day apart from embarkation day?

2. What is the most expensive drink available at the Cove Café and how much does it cost?

3. How deep is the Mickey pool at its deepest point?

4. What is the stateroom number of the Walter Elias Disney Suite?

5. Where is assembly station A located?

6. How much does the Choice package at Shutters cost and how many credits will you get for this?

7. Where on the Wonder can you find the Magic and the Wonder facing each other?

8. Where can you find a pelican dress up as Captain?

9. On deck 4 there are spare life jackets. How many adult life jackets are there on the port side of the ship?

10. In which theatre did the world premier of Sleeping Beauty take place? Where on the ship can you find out this information?

11. On deck 5 aft, there are a number of costume studies. What is the size of the bow tie? Which film does this costume come from?

12. Who christened the Disney Wonder?

13. Where on the ship can you find this information?

14. What number would you have to dial to contact security?

15. On Route 66, there is a poster advertising Story Time. What book is Walt Disney reading on this poster?

16. On Route 66, find mile marker 30 and look on the carpet around you. In what state are you?

17. Where on the ship can you find story sketches for Mickey’s Surprise Party? What does Minnie burn in those sketches?

18. What is the smallest amount of points that you can buy for an Arcade Card? How much does this cost?

19. In the Ladies’ restroom on deck 9 midship you can find a mosaic of nautical flags on the floor. What does this spell out?

20. On the starboard side of deck 5 midship, there is a secret passage. Which two locations does this link?

21. On deck 4, Captain Mickey holds and “itinerary” for a cruise. What three things are on it?

22. Somewhere on the ship is a painting of the Muse of the Arts. Where is it located?

23. Where on the Wonder can you find Winnie the Pooh? What other characters are in this piece of art?

24. What drink consists of Myer’s Original Dark Rum, Light Rum, Pina Colada Mix and strawberry puree?

25. How far have you run if you did 4 complete laps around deck 4?

26. How many children’s life vests are in each of the wooden benches on deck 4?


TASKS FOR SCAVENGER HUNT

1. Photos of 3 captains
2. Photos of 5 princesses
3. A drinks coaster from a port
4. 3 postcards
5. A packet of sugar
6. Two coins
7. 3 items with a pirate theme
8. A souvenir from one of the ports
9. A menu
10. A shopping leaflet
11. An autograph from each of the Fab Five
12. A greeting in native language of 5 cast members
13. A photo of a Hidden Mickey
14. 3 photos of a fish
15. Photos of 5 ships or boats

I'll work on the answers now.


:cutie:

dthogue 05-02-2012 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo (Post 44764330)
OK, this is what I have. Our DIS group was fairly large, and we did this as teams. So, you may want to do some editing if you're having just kids do it.

DISNEY WONDER SCAVENGER HUNT QUESTIONS

1. What are the opening hours of the health center on any day apart from embarkation day?

2. What is the most expensive drink available at the Cove Café and how much does it cost?

3. How deep is the Mickey pool at its deepest point?

4. What is the stateroom number of the Walter Elias Disney Suite?

5. Where is assembly station A located?

6. How much does the Choice package at Shutters cost and how many credits will you get for this?

7. Where on the Wonder can you find the Magic and the Wonder facing each other?

8. Where can you find a pelican dress up as Captain?

9. On deck 4 there are spare life jackets. How many adult life jackets are there on the port side of the ship?

10. In which theatre did the world premier of Sleeping Beauty take place? Where on the ship can you find out this information?

11. On deck 5 aft, there are a number of costume studies. What is the size of the bow tie? Which film does this costume come from?

12. Who christened the Disney Wonder?

13. Where on the ship can you find this information?

14. What number would you have to dial to contact security?

15. On Route 66, there is a poster advertising Story Time. What book is Walt Disney reading on this poster?

16. On Route 66, find mile marker 30 and look on the carpet around you. In what state are you?

17. Where on the ship can you find story sketches for Mickey’s Surprise Party? What does Minnie burn in those sketches?

18. What is the smallest amount of points that you can buy for an Arcade Card? How much does this cost?

19. In the Ladies’ restroom on deck 9 midship you can find a mosaic of nautical flags on the floor. What does this spell out?

20. On the starboard side of deck 5 midship, there is a secret passage. Which two locations does this link?

21. On deck 4, Captain Mickey holds and “itinerary” for a cruise. What three things are on it?

22. Somewhere on the ship is a painting of the Muse of the Arts. Where is it located?

23. Where on the Wonder can you find Winnie the Pooh? What other characters are in this piece of art?

24. What drink consists of Myer’s Original Dark Rum, Light Rum, Pina Colada Mix and strawberry puree?

25. How far have you run if you did 4 complete laps around deck 4?

26. How many children’s life vests are in each of the wooden benches on deck 4?


TASKS FOR SCAVENGER HUNT

1. Photos of 3 captains
2. Photos of 5 princesses
3. A drinks coaster from a port
4. 3 postcards
5. A packet of sugar
6. Two coins
7. 3 items with a pirate theme
8. A souvenir from one of the ports
9. A menu
10. A shopping leaflet
11. An autograph from each of the Fab Five
12. A greeting in native language of 5 cast members
13. A photo of a Hidden Mickey
14. 3 photos of a fish
15. Photos of 5 ships or boats

I'll work on the answers now.


:cutie:

Wow this is great - can't wait for the answers :cool1:

ksloane 05-02-2012 08:14 AM

That's awesome...I wonder how many of these would translate over to the Magic?

PrincessShmoo 05-02-2012 11:28 AM

Hi, everyone!

OK here ya go - -

DISNEY WONDER SCAVENGER HUNT ANSWERS

(Note: These are the answers we had, a few may subject to actual info available in your Daily Navigator.)

1. Monday 10/3 9:30-11:00 am, 4:30-7 pm
2. Remy Louis XIII Cognac 2 oz. $200.00
3. 1’6”
4. 8030
5. Walt Disney Theatre Starboard side
6. $149.00 20 credits
7. Deck 3 aft lobby outside Parrot Cay
8. Deck 5 port passageway Signal Flag pictures “C”
9. 150
10. Wilshire Theatre Deck 5 outside Buena Vista Theatre
11. 4 inches Mary Poppins
12. Tinkerbell Oct 3, 1999
13. Deck 5 port side outside Studio Sea
14. 7-3001
15. Peter Pan
16. New Mexico
17. Midship staircase between decks 6 & 7 starboard side Cookies
18. 500 points $10.00
19. DCL
20. Originally used as passageway between Oceanears Club and Oceanears Lab
21. Buffet, Theatre, Dancing
22. Aft staircase between decks 4 & 5
23. Wooden house picture next to the Port Adventures desk. *we didn’t get this answer*
24. Bon Voyage
25. 2.14 km 1.32 miles
26. 15 in each bench


OK, I missed one question, if you want to include it, here it is.
27. If you are in the corridors by the staterooms and are following the red side of the anchor on the carpet, which direction are you heading? Aft

A little explanation on #23. Pooh isn't a Disney character, so he isn't on the ships. As a nod to the fact that Disney did use Pooh, he was placed in this picture with some of the other Disney characters.

On our particular cruise, the Pooh movie was a recent release and there was a movie poster outside the Buena Vista Theatre with (of course) Pooh and his friends in it. Most of us doing the scavenger hunt found this picture, but it wasn't the one originally intended to be used. That's why we didn't get the characters correct :(

Have fun.

:cutie:

DisSarahK 05-02-2012 02:32 PM

Thank you SO much!!

Clotho 07-07-2012 01:51 PM

Was this something given on the ship, or made up by a seasoned cruiser?

PrincessShmoo 07-07-2012 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clotho (Post 45403442)
Was this something given on the ship, or made up by a seasoned cruiser?

It was put together by a wonderful DISer - dolphingirl47, for our MR cruise in October 2011.

:cutie:

Clotho 07-07-2012 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princessshmoo (Post 45403874)
it was put together by a wonderful diser - dolphingirl47, for our mr cruise in october 2011.

:cutie:

thank you!

bmer1rick 07-07-2012 03:05 PM

Can anyone confirm that #19 is only in the ladies restroom? I am hoping it is in both so my DS can do the entire hunt.

PrincessShmoo 07-07-2012 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmer1rick (Post 45404066)
Can anyone confirm that #19 is only in the ladies restroom? I am hoping it is in both so my DS can do the entire hunt.

How soon do you need to know? We're going on the Wonder again, but it's not for a few months.

:cutie:

bmer1rick 07-07-2012 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo (Post 45404158)
How soon do you need to know? We're going on the Wonder again, but it's not for a few months.

:cutie:

Not until next year. I would appreciate it.. Thanks.

dolphingirl47 07-07-2012 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksloane (Post 44767801)
That's awesome...I wonder how many of these would translate over to the Magic?

Some of the questions will work, but all the questions pertaining to art work will not. I have done something similar for the Magic. I have to check if I still have that file. I let you know if I have.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo (Post 44770003)
Hi, everyone!

OK here ya go - -

DISNEY WONDER SCAVENGER HUNT ANSWERS

(Note: These are the answers we had, a few may subject to actual info available in your Daily Navigator.)

1. Monday 10/3 9:30-11:00 am, 4:30-7 pm
2. Remy Louis XIII Cognac 2 oz. $200.00
3. 1’6”
4. 8030
5. Walt Disney Theatre Starboard side
6. $149.00 20 credits
7. Deck 3 aft lobby outside Parrot Cay
8. Deck 5 port passageway Signal Flag pictures “C”
9. 150
10. Wilshire Theatre Deck 5 outside Buena Vista Theatre
11. 4 inches Mary Poppins
12. Tinkerbell Oct 3, 1999
13. Deck 5 port side outside Studio Sea
14. 7-3001
15. Peter Pan
16. New Mexico
17. Midship staircase between decks 6 & 7 starboard side Cookies
18. 500 points $10.00
19. DCL
20. Originally used as passageway between Oceanears Club and Oceanears Lab
21. Buffet, Theatre, Dancing
22. Aft staircase between decks 4 & 5
23. Wooden house picture next to the Port Adventures desk. *we didn’t get this answer*
24. Bon Voyage
25. 2.14 km 1.32 miles
26. 15 in each bench


OK, I missed one question, if you want to include it, here it is.
27. If you are in the corridors by the staterooms and are following the red side of the anchor on the carpet, which direction are you heading? Aft

A little explanation on #23. Pooh isn't a Disney character, so he isn't on the ships. As a nod to the fact that Disney did use Pooh, he was placed in this picture with some of the other Disney characters.

On our particular cruise, the Pooh movie was a recent release and there was a movie poster outside the Buena Vista Theatre with (of course) Pooh and his friends in it. Most of us doing the scavenger hunt found this picture, but it wasn't the one originally intended to be used. That's why we didn't get the characters correct :(

Have fun.

:cutie:

The carpet question no longer works. At some stage they messed up the carpets. I did this Scavenger Hunt again on the Hawaii Cruise and the arrows are now randomly pointing. I had initially thought that this happened during dry dock, but they must have changed the carpets since as it still was correct on our cruise.

Corinna


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.