The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Castaway Cay Serenity Bay Food (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2907765)

fhernand 04-09-2012 09:20 PM

Castaway Cay Serenity Bay Food

Does anyone have pictures of the food over at the adult beach at Castaway Cay?
I’ve always heard of these rumors of steaks ‘n lobsters, but quite frankly; once I see the burgers at Cookie’s what can I say :):)

TXDCLfan 04-09-2012 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fhernand (Post 44551836)
I’ve always heard of these rumors of steaks ‘n lobsters, but quite frankly; once I see the burgers at Cookie’s what can I say :):)

They do have grilled rib eyes that are pretty good:thumbsup2 Never seen lobster however years ago they had lobster burgers.

woody73 04-09-2012 10:21 PM

After many visits to Serenity Bay, I have yet to see lobster.

Woody

disney1990 04-10-2012 07:54 PM

Have not see lobster - mahi mahi was very good.

Zandy595 04-10-2012 07:59 PM

Scroll down a bit to see pictures of the food.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2011/0...-serenity-bay/

I remember having lobster burgers (7-night Magic), but that was at Cookies. I think they made them out of the leftover tails from dinner the night before.

stevenpensacola 04-10-2012 09:58 PM

No lobster...

But...

no screaming kids, no fighting over chairs or hammocks, no lines or crowds to deal with at lunch...Snorkeling the little "reefy canyons" looking at the tropical fish...the incredible view...

Wish I was there now...

Ikaikalani 04-11-2012 10:33 AM

last time I was there they had a big, plastic lobster decoration on one of the tables.....does that count?:rotfl:

jlowejd5 04-11-2012 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevenpensacola (Post 44562554)
no screaming kids, no fighting over chairs or hammocks, no lines or crowds to deal with at lunch...

Actually, the last time we were there, there was a bit of a kerfuffle at lunchtime. We were finishing up our food, when a group of two adults and four children (ages maybe 4 through 11) pulled up on bicycles and proceeded to help themselves to the buffet. The kids were incredibly loud and the adults were extremely annoying and loud.

I really don't fault the CMs for not chasing them out, because for the most part, there's not a "leader" there, just the guys running the grills and keeping the tables clean and the food stocked. That said, DCL has always been very good (and professional) about keeping the adult areas adult, and oh, that is so very much appreciated.

They got their food, got back on their bikes, and pedaled away, but it's always frustrating when people assume the rules are meant for other people.

MisterOJ 04-11-2012 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlowejd5 (Post 44566997)
Actually, the last time we were there, there was a bit of a kerfuffle at lunchtime. We were finishing up our food, when a group of two adults and four children (ages maybe 4 through 11) pulled up on bicycles and proceeded to help themselves to the buffet. The kids were incredibly loud and the adults were extremely annoying and loud.

I really don't fault the CMs for not chasing them out, because for the most part, there's not a "leader" there, just the guys running the grills and keeping the tables clean and the food stocked. That said, DCL has always been very good (and professional) about keeping the adult areas adult, and oh, that is so very much appreciated.

They got their food, got back on their bikes, and pedaled away, but it's always frustrating when people assume the rules are meant for other people.

Did you talk to these people who wound up on the adult beach at CC?

Perhaps they were simply new to DCL and CC and didn't realize they were in an adults-only area?

Zandy595 04-11-2012 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterOJ (Post 44567063)
Did you talk to these people who wound up on the adult beach at CC?

Perhaps they were simply new to DCL and CC and didn't realize they were in an adults-only area?

I haven't been to Serenity Bay, so I don't know how hard they are to see, but they do have signs.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/wp-con...-23-CW-815.jpg

MisterOJ 04-11-2012 12:50 PM

On a person's first trip to Castaway Cay, I'd imagine it would be fairly easy to overlook a sign like that while looking at the rest of the scenery.

It's probably unlikely the family didn't know they wound up in the adults only area, but I think it's possible. And really, I think it's better to give people the benefit of the doubt rather than just assume the worst.

jlowejd5 04-11-2012 01:12 PM

They knew. I heard the mom saying how nice this was since the line at the "family area" was so long. So they knew that there were different areas. I don't like to assume the worst either, but based on what I heard and saw, they were just being selfish. Ultimately it didn't have much of a negative effect on my day, but it's just another example of how some people behave, especially at Disney.

BeyondKen 04-12-2012 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fhernand (Post 44551836)

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/wp-con...y-BBQ-menu.jpg

woody73 04-12-2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlowejd5 (Post 44567597)

They knew. I heard the mom saying how nice this was since the line at the "family area" was so long.

. . . it's just another example of how some people behave, especially at Disney.

They probably heard a rumor they could get lobster there.

Woody

TDC Nala 04-12-2012 02:52 PM

Never seen lobster but I wouldn't have paid a lot of attention in the old days because I don't like it anyway. I do love the grilled mahi mahi sandwich. I'm kind of over Castaway Cay but I'll go down to SB to get one of those.

last time a father left a kid around 8 years old at the bar area while he went onto the beach to look for Mom. The kid was there about a half hour. Then Dad came back with Mom and they all left.