The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Completed Trip Reports (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   This elevator leads directly to… THE GIFT SHOP! A Dec. 2011 TR from BWI - FINAL 8-27 (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2899470)

kwitcherkicken99 03-23-2012 11:38 PM

This elevator leads directly to… THE GIFT SHOP! A Dec. 2011 TR from BWI - FINAL 8-27

For a really poor example of WHY I’m writing this TR, see here.

It was a really bad example of a PTR, but trust me – my TR’s are WAY better! See here.

Anyway, this is a recollection of my 7 day/6 night stay at WDW with my best friend, Erica, and her mom, MB. We stayed at Boardwalk Inn with an awesome room (and a surprise theme park view…).

The beginning will be light on photos but I promise there will be plenty others to view down the road.

So :welcome: aboard on our amazing trip!

kwitcherkicken99 03-23-2012 11:40 PM

Official placeholder for chapters and links

POST 3: Introduction to the road past traveled
POST 4: The Plot Thickens...
POST 5: Girls Just Want to Have Fun

POST 6: Day from Hades... the beginning
POST 7: Day from Hades gets hotter
POST 8: And even hotter...
POST 9: Day from Hades eventually cools off
POST 10: Have you met my friend, tequila?
POST 11: Getting our feet wet
POST 12: Wait... my phone rang?
POST 13: Day 2 & the FP dash for TSM
POST 14: We've got character!
POST 15: What to do? What to do?
POST 16: ST, Sci-Fi, and a BIG MISTAKE.
POST 17: Beware the creature from the Black Lagoon!
POST 18: Day 3 & the morning of MVMCP
POST 20: Party on Wayne
POST 21: The sky is falling
POST 22: You’ve GOT to be kidding me!
POST 23: Tour Day
POST 24: Cousin Jed and his kinfolk…
POST 25: What time is the 3 o’clock parade?
POST 26: Central shops – the super secret building place
POST 27 Day 5: Animal Kingdom
POST 28: Rafiki’s and the elusive Russell
POST 29: Holding our breath
POST 30: Poor Disco Betty…
Post 31: Dinner in EP
POST 32: Day 6 - MK
Post 33: How dare you child!
Post 34: In the torture, torture, torture, torture, torture room
Post 35: So long, Cap’n
Post 36: To Tomorrowland and Beyond!
Post 37: You did WHAT?!?!?!?!
Post 38: Still the most depressing day of vacation
POST 39: I think I just scared the pants off that CM. Oops!
POST 40: Don’t forget to volunteer!
POST 41: WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
POST 42: The end of it all =(

kwitcherkicken99 03-23-2012 11:41 PM

POST 3: Introduction to the road past traveled

To take you back a little bit – when E and I hatched this plan to vacation together in Florida instead of me flying to her hometown in South Dakota, we decided that we were either going to go big or… well… go big.

We wanted this trip to be one that MB would NEVER forget. We planned and planned, reformulated, and planned some more until we had the GREATEST ideas to make MB a blubbering mess of happiness for the duration of the trip. E and MB would arrive in Florida a few days before me and spend time at the “other” park then I was to meet up with them and spend the rest of the time in WDW.

We decided that this trip would be full of firsts. That included a new resort, new food, and new experiences and most importantly, TOP SECRET SURPRISES!

First order of business for the WDW portion was the room. Once E settled on a new resort, the Boardwalk Inn, we scoured various internet resources for examples of the rooms and decided we weren’t too keen on the décor and layout of the rooms at BWI but we made our decision and were sticking to it. MB loved the EP area resorts as EP is her favorite park, so it only made sense to stay there and they’d already stayed at BC so BWI it was.

Upon viewing the photos here http://allears.net/acc/bwiss.htm our minds went to work on how we can festi-vize the room. By the time we were finished, every inch of the room was accounted for on how to Christmas it up.

Then we talked about what surprises we could pull off during the week. We considered a fireworks cruise and the Tomorrowland Terrace dessert party but neither was a good fit. We opted for a basket of goodies and the Behind the Seeds tour for our special treats as well as having a mini-Christmas during the week.

Once we got the main things covered we needed to devise a plan to get the room decorated secretly. We literally decided to cover every square inch of the room in Christmas in some way and with bag fees so high we knew we needed to ship boxes ahead (and the headache that comes along with it – more on that in a bit…) because our suitcases would be full enough as it was.

Our plan was set and we were ready to go.

PrincessInOz 03-23-2012 11:59 PM

popcorn::

WOW! Could I be first...and not LAST??? :faint:

kwitcherkicken99 03-24-2012 12:00 AM

I sure hope not!

I'm digging through my PTR to those I've lost touch with. My guess is almost everyone is in bed...

PrincessInOz 03-24-2012 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwitcherkicken99 (Post 44410459)
I sure hope not!

I'm digging through my PTR to those I've lost touch with. My guess is almost everyone is in bed...

*almost*....'cept for us night-shifty-noises.

Looking forward to the ride. :thumbsup2

princess::upsidedow

mom2rtk 03-24-2012 12:08 AM

I'm here! :cheer2: And I NEED to know what that title means! :laughing:

usnuzuloose 03-24-2012 12:11 AM

Nice to be reading your report, nice to have you back online, you were missed.I am here.

kwitcherkicken99 03-24-2012 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mom2rtk (Post 44410498)
I'm here! :cheer2: And I NEED to know what that title means! :laughing:

Be patient grasshopper...

You only need to wait about 20 posts!
http://smileys.on-my-web.com/reposit...hahaha-024.gif

kwitcherkicken99 03-24-2012 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usnuzuloose (Post 44410515)
Nice to be reading your report, nice to have you back online, you were missed.I am here.

Aww thanks usnuz!

I missed everyone around here, too!

Stupid change of schools (for work) and lack of proper internet forced me away. :sad2:

annmarieda 03-24-2012 01:55 AM

:woohoo::woohoo: I am here! I am glad I didn't miss you starting. Good thing you gave me a little nudge to help me figure out you did other wise I would have probably missed it. That would have sucked!!!

Can't wait to read about your adventure!

pharmjenn 03-24-2012 02:01 AM

I am looking forward to reading your report. I have never been to the parks for a holiday, but will be staying at BWV this summer, so can't wait to hear your thoughts on the property plus your trip.

DISNEYaddict4evr 03-24-2012 09:34 AM

:banana:

Yeah!!!

I get to live vicariously through... hey wait a minute, I'm a supporting role in this TR. Can you live vicariously through yourself? :rotfl:

Meh, my next trip isn't for months, and even then it is only Sioux Falls, lets get this party starting I'm dying to know what... hey wait a minute :confused:

This is going to be like someone blurting out the end to Harry Potter book 6 (which sadly I have done to one poor unsuspecting soul {sorry Dylan} :rolleyes1) and yet still read the books {not sure if he did finish}.

Anywho I am here, I'm supportive, I'm comic relief (not that we need it) and I promise to try and stay an active lurker (sorry Janet) LETS GO! Where is my next installment!!!

Have I mentioned I love you yet today :hug:

kwitcherkicken99 03-24-2012 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pharmjenn (Post 44410849)
I am looking forward to reading your report. I have never been to the parks for a holiday, but will be staying at BWV this summer, so can't wait to hear your thoughts on the property plus your trip.

:wave:

HI!!

I didn't spend a lot of time perusing the grounds but the Inn side main building is really nice! I loved the decorations more than I expected to and the location couldn't be beat.

The folks at Bell Services were great and the grounds were pretty. The resort is well-themed and I believed it all.

I'll be the first to say I'm not a fan of white walls, buildings, etc - it has always felt so static BUT I loved the use of it here.

I've got some more shots from the property that I'll post eventually. :thumbsup2

kwitcherkicken99 03-24-2012 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by annmarieda (Post 44410840)
:woohoo::woohoo: I am here! I am glad I didn't miss you starting. Good thing you gave me a little nudge to help me figure out you did other wise I would have probably missed it. That would have sucked!!!

Can't wait to read about your adventure!

Hi!!! :wave:

After my DIS-hiatus I was afraid I'd lose touch with everyone! Glad you popped over.

I'll be heading over to your TR to see how your trip panned out soon.

Been dealing with 2 kids with strep and DH has a sinus infection. :sad2:

How's your family doing?