The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Events/Competition (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   The New *Official 2013 Disney Princess Half Marathon Thread* (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2899357)

TinyDancer 03-23-2012 06:45 PM

Hello everyone!!

Here is a bit of info that we have as of now.


February 22 - 24, 2013
Disney's Princess Half Marathon Weekend
Registration for the Princess Half begins July 10th, 2012.



http://espnwwos.disney.go.com/events...half-marathon/



FB group

http://www.facebook.com/groups/249640615143957/

If you are planning on running, let me know, and I'll put your name on the roster! :banana:


VickiHD
Fluffy_Princess
TinyDancer
daisy112878
HockeyKat
debbieandroo
happybaker
tinkeramy
saysay
french lady
MaMa3Princes
CRUIZIN MAMMA
rizzobob
WsPrincess
ColleenG
longhorns2
connersarah1
Barefoot Princess
Lynn5700
rapunzelruns
amykay9377
LuLuO
PrincessV
BelleDreamer
mroa1031
ssdeverell
princessnpirate
TaffieDoll
amingione
moparop
gudrench3
Cripey
AmberHeartsDisney
jodipaige2004
TiggerFan3590
dsnyfan21
HappyMom2
fashionista311
becky11
aly0430
aggielawyer
happybaker
DIS-OH
brock201
fsubigdogs
jockey
Cantwaitvaca09
icicle
HealthyAmber
ellajeansmom
miztigg
annabanana
cimrk0101
Craftydawn
tinkerbye
celestial63
WeRunDisney
MamaSmurf227
CourtneykidOT
Mommy to two Princes
mommyof2princesses
Gryhndmom
FigmentMom
niclodn
NC State
2shortpeopleruleme
svwkirby
Fabulousmommy
HomeSchoolMama
FlowerInAdversity
bellanotte10
thbath77
DeerIsleDisney
mroa1031
TeacupDemon
musclemouse
TinkLovinMama
mnosky
tinkerbellfriend
Tfaze
mindystar
magickingdom
mana'olana
Gina15
danielleyoung0
Christie Lee
thebr0kenwriter
Heatherann1015
Stitch Pelekai
My4men
Nishmom
SuperHappyFunTimes
Sojas3
JenNel85
Acourtwdw
Rani8600
Skx1122
Sau418
Ncsjodi
Uccats97
The_princess
Zuzu
Christinascreative

TinyDancer 03-23-2012 06:52 PM

I'm going with a group of 8-10 women.. my family & friends! I'm very excited, and this will be a first half marathon for all of us involved.
I can't wait to hear advice & tips from everyone! :cool1:

VickiHD 03-23-2012 07:23 PM

I'm in and this will be my first 1/2 at WDW.

After I finish the Princess 1/2 I will get my Coast to Coast medal.

Fluffy Princess 03-23-2012 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyDancer (Post 44408187)
Hello everyone!!

Here is a bit of info that we have as of now.


February 22 - 24, 2013
Disney's Princess Half Marathon Weekend
Registration for the Princess Half begins July 10th, 2012.



http://espnwwos.disney.go.com/sports/rundisney


If you are planning on running, let me know, and I'll put your name on the roster! :banana:

I plan on running. Will be my first half

freepixie 03-23-2012 08:54 PM

Hi Princesses! I just ran the Princess 2012, unfortunatly will not be doing the Princess 2013 (financially), hopefully I will be able to do another Princess someday! Just want to check in, offer any help, and cheer you powerful women on!! Princesses rock!!:thumbsup2

daisy112878 03-23-2012 08:58 PM

I will be there! I had to defer my 2012 registration so I'm already registered and ready to go. I can't wait

HockeyKat 03-23-2012 09:18 PM

I'm in!

This will be my 4th Princess, and who knows how many overall. Princess 2012 was #9. :)

debbieandroo 03-24-2012 11:37 AM

I'm in, hoping to walk. This will be my first WDW half marathon but hopefully not my last.

HockeyKat 03-24-2012 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by debbieandroo (Post 44412668)
I'm in, hoping to walk. This will be my first WDW half marathon but hopefully not my last.

You can do it!! You have almost a year to train. :goodvibes

What is your strategy?

I have walked three Princesses. The first (2010) I trained to walk, the 2nd and 3rd I walked due to late fall injuries.

As long as you train to a 15 min mile, you will be fine. Also, I recommend putting no more than 3hrs as a finish time when you register so that you have a little bit of corral cushion. Make sure that your longest walk is at least 10-12 miles, and happens about 3-4 weeks before the race. It will help make sure that your feet are ready.

I'm a member/leader in the local Galloway training program here, and this will be my 3rd year with the program, so let me know if you need any help!!

happybaker 03-24-2012 12:36 PM

I'm in and will probably be running alone. It will also be my first half marathon, but I plan on going Coast to Coast next year. I did start training for last year's Princess in September, but just when I was about to register in November my friend backed out of the trip and I couldn't afford to swing the trip alone financially. This year I'm going no matter what!

Holly

TinyDancer 03-24-2012 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VickiHD (Post 44408421)
I'm in and this will be my first 1/2 at WDW.

After I finish the Princess 1/2 I will get my Coast to Coast medal.

Nice!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fluffy Princess (Post 44408839)
I plan on running. Will be my first half

First for me too :thumbsup2

Quote:

Originally Posted by freepixie (Post 44409085)
Hi Princesses! I just ran the Princess 2012, unfortunatly will not be doing the Princess 2013 (financially), hopefully I will be able to do another Princess someday! Just want to check in, offer any help, and cheer you powerful women on!! Princesses rock!!:thumbsup2

Thanks! Here is a question, do you recommend getting the race retreat? Also.. does anyone know how much it costs?


Quote:

Originally Posted by daisy112878 (Post 44409115)
I will be there! I had to defer my 2012 registration so I'm already registered and ready to go. I can't wait

Great! :banana:

Quote:

Originally Posted by HockeyKat (Post 44409263)
I'm in!

This will be my 4th Princess, and who knows how many overall. Princess 2012 was #9. :)

Wow!! That's amazing.. and this sounds like it could be addictive...


Quote:

Originally Posted by debbieandroo (Post 44412668)
I'm in, hoping to walk. This will be my first WDW half marathon but hopefully not my last.

I will be walking some :thumbsup2

Quote:

Originally Posted by happybaker (Post 44413088)
I'm in and will probably be running alone. It will also be my first half marathon, but I plan on going Coast to Coast next year. I did start training for last year's Princess in September, but just when I was about to register in November my friend backed out of the trip and I couldn't afford to swing the trip alone financially. This year I'm going no matter what!

Holly

That stinks but I'm glad you are going this year! I can't wait!

TinyDancer 03-24-2012 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HockeyKat (Post 44412975)
You can do it!! You have almost a year to train. :goodvibes

What is your strategy?

I have walked three Princesses. The first (2010) I trained to walk, the 2nd and 3rd I walked due to late fall injuries.

As long as you train to a 15 min mile, you will be fine. Also, I recommend putting no more than 3hrs as a finish time when you register so that you have a little bit of corral cushion. Make sure that your longest walk is at least 10-12 miles, and happens about 3-4 weeks before the race. It will help make sure that your feet are ready.

I'm a member/leader in the local Galloway training program here, and this will be my 3rd year with the program, so let me know if you need any help!!

I have a couple questions ;)
If you put a finish time of 3 hours, which corral would you be placed in?

What does your training look like with Galloway? I've been using the JG Easy 10k app on my phone, and I'm not sure that I am using it correctly. Right now I'm doing a 4 min run / 1 min walk interval, and running between 12-14 minute miles. I'm on week 8 of the app program.

freepixie 03-24-2012 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyDancer (Post 44414137)


Thanks! Here is a question, do you recommend getting the race retreat? Also.. does anyone know how much it costs?

ABSOLUTELY get the Race Retreat!! It was worth every penny!! I swear to goodness, it was so nice to get inside a nice warm tent in the morning cause it was cold out there at 3:00 AM!! And afterwards it was rainy and chilly, it was nice to be inside and in a beautiful place!!

The best part was the private port-a-potties, never waited for one, there were so many and so few of us using them, there was always one available, that right there is worth it when the rest of the potties have lines about 20 people deep :scared1:

They had Tink and the fairies out for meet-and-greets before and after the race which was awesome!!

Also afterwards the breakfast was NICE :goodvibes I really wish I could have eaten more, but my tummy was a little flipped at that point lol! And the post-race coctail was nice too - they had 3 options: Bloody Mary, Mimosa and Hibiscus - I got the Hibiscus, it was a sweet drink and I really enjoyed it!

It was pricey - I think it was over $100?? I can't remember but it was definately worth it, and I would never dream of doing the Princess again without it lol!!

My only regret... I wish I would have taken more pictures in there lol!!!

tinkeramy 03-24-2012 04:12 PM

As far as I know, I'm in for next year! Julie & I are already encouraging a brand new runner friend who has her goal as next year's Princess, and we have another friend who is really wanting to do it, too. Have already started the fund! I was such a mess in Februrary, stressing out about funding the weekend that I resolved to start saving NOW and have a great surplus of "fun" money. If y'all have any budget questions, I did a blog post on how much the weekend cost me - you can maybe get a ballpark of what you need to set aside. Blog address is in the signature. I'm determined to have a great time, eat, drink, shop & be merry, all without extreme guilt over how much it's costing my family!:thumbsup2

saysay 03-24-2012 04:13 PM

Hi Princesses! I am in for Princess #3! I can't wait. Would LOVE to go for C2C, with the DL 1/2...we will see......

Happy Training......

Julie


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.