The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   DVC-Mousecellaneous (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=119)
-   -   Just bought our APs!!! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2893418)

pequele 03-12-2012 08:24 PM

Just bought our APs!!!

I'm so excited! I just purchased 160 pts at AKV at the end of Feb! That was our 1st trip to WDW (had been born and raised in CA so I knew DL only!). Came home and planned our 1st DVC trip for Dec 15-27! Staying at "home" in Kidani. I KNOW my 3yo DS is gonna LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Nana is coming, too.

Well, just yesterday I decided I wanted to be sure to get the current AP rates as they are destined to go up in a few months I'm sure, besides it gets me even more excited for our trip in 278 days (who's counting?).

:banana::banana::banana::banana:

What restaurants would be great to get ressies for on Christmas Eve and Christmas...would LIKE character meals I believe for my son, but if something is overly festive for those days/nights, that would be fine as well. Any other special things for those 2 days in particular to enjoy?

Thanks

mlittig 03-12-2012 10:04 PM

Congrats on getting your AP's :woohoo: Don't forget to ask about using the 10% discount when you shop, you have to ask as CM's don't always ask for it :dance3:

pequele 03-13-2012 09:44 AM

Woohoo. Heck yeh! Shopping discount :cool1:

RweTHEREyet 03-13-2012 11:44 AM

You didn't say, but if you are staying in a one-bedroom or larger with a kitchen you may wish to do a holiday meal in your villa. Several years back, we ordered a meal from Publix, everything was prepared and just needed to be heated and it was very, very good. We had turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, cranberry relish, a vegetable, a dessert, etc. Everything was in reheatable containers so we didn't have to buy anything.

It was great to have everyone there in the villa and to eat on our own schedule.

Just a thought.

pequele 03-13-2012 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RweTHEREyet (Post 44310408)
You didn't say, but if you are staying in a one-bedroom or larger with a kitchen you may wish to do a holiday meal in your villa.

that is a good thought. We will be in the studio...we go that route (me, my then 4 yo DS and Nana) only because we don't believe in cooking while on vacation AHAHAHA :rotfl: heck no, I'm on vacay! hehe

disneymomjcs 03-20-2012 09:57 AM

After spending the day swimming at Blizzard Beach, we dressed up and had had pictures under the tree at AKL with the Characters. :love: Then we had dinner at Chef Mickey's It was a magical :wizard:Christmas Eve. We have had dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern and Crystal Palace on Christmas Day different years. Christmas foods are on the buffet. It is nice to have a sit down meal and relax and the parks are crowded so its a nice break. We dress up Christmas Eve and usually wear Christmas shirts on Christmas Day for comfort. :thumbsup2

ygracey 03-21-2012 12:28 AM

How about Candlelight at Epcot?

Have you ever seen the Candlelight Processional at DL? Years ago they moved it from MK to Epcot in Florida because the crowds in MK Town Sq got to be too much and Disney figured out a way to make some $$. You book dinner at one of the restaurants in Epcot (I think you may be able to do Yacht/Beach/Boardwalk too but the walking/transportation gets trickier especially with young kids, bigger groups. It is considered a package because the dinner includes seating for the show. They usually split the restaurants into tiers and the cost pp is determined by the tier you choose. Bistro de Paris etc are more expensive and therefore higher tier.

You are scheduled specifically so that you have time to enjoy dinner and walk to the location, then you receive reserved seating for Candlelight which is performed at the American Gardens Theater (in front of the American Adventure). They do 3 shows a night Starting right around Thanksgiving and going to about 1/1. It always gets me in the Holiday mood.

I think the only way to get characters for this scenario would be the Land Grille (inside the Land) which serves family style and usually has Chip,Dale and 2 other characters with them.

If you aren't looking for Traditional fare, maybe 'Ohana at the Polynesian or if you want super cozy/Pilgrim/North East theme maybe Liberty Tree tavern in MK. That is family style and they might have characters. It seems every time I check there it changes.