The DIS Discussion Forums -

The DIS Discussion Forums - (
-   Completed Trip Reports (
-   -   4 Pirates & Tink Tackle the World (

Angelrose 02-21-2012 08:55 PM

4 Pirates & Tink Tackle the World
Here it is September and we are starting to plan our trip to DW. We actually started thinking about going in January, but decided on February. Now we have our vacation home rented. Since there will be 5 of us this time, it made more sense to get a home where we can all be together. This will be Zoeyís first trip. She will 18 months old in February. Jesse Ďs first trip was when he was 2 years old. He loved all the characters and did pretty well for a two year old.

The rest of the cast is my DS Chuck and my beautiful DDIL Karen and me, Grandmom Mary.

I canít wait to see how Zoey will react to everything. She is a very easygoing child, so I hope she will love the characters as much as Jesse did two years ago. I canít believe my little angel is four years old!

We will start our trip on February 3 and be there until the 11th. I think I fly home on the 12th, but Iíll have to ask Karen to make sure before I make my flight reservations. I talked to Karen this morning and we were planning our schedule. One day will be at Universal and one day at Legoland. That is a new theme park that has just opened. There are kiddie rides and everything Lego. I think I will enjoy that just as much as the kids.

As soon as Karen has gotten her schedule all fixed I will print it out here. I am getting so excited. Only 126 more days!

Oct 6. Iíve made my flight reservations. $266 round trip including my seat and travel insurance. Not bad at all. I called Tiffany towncar to get a car from MCO to the vacation home. They quoted me a price of $216! I booked it but last night I googled limo service in Orlando. I wrote down 5 of them. The first two didnít answer at 9am this morning. The third one did. Paris Limo. They quoted me a price of $140. Much better. I booked with them right away and cancelled Tiffany. Loyalty only goes so far.

I also got a car from my house to the airport and back. That is around $50 each way. Iím happy with that too.

So I got all of my arrangements made and Karen has all our reservations for dinner and the Pirate fireworks cruise and the Pirate League. Now all we have to do is WAIT! That is just too hard to do.

January 3, 2012 Can it really be only 30 more days?? Yep it is. Karen has our intinerary all typed out and Chuck will bring it over on Friday. I have all my times written down so I donít forget.

The limo service will pick me up at 5:30am on Feb 3 to go to the airport. My flight leaves at 7:27am and arrives at 9:57. Paris Limo will pick me up at baggage claim and take me to our vacation house. We will either have lunch at the house or go directly to DTD and have lunch at EOS. Karen and I will share a sandwich because we want to save room for our dinner at Boma. I canít wait for that. We really enjoyed ourselves last time. After lunch we will do some shopping and maybe people watch until our 4:35 reservation at Boma. After dinner, I think we will all be ready for going home and relaxing. The kids will tired from all the driving and I will be tired from not sleeping the night before. If the weather is warm we might take a little swim in the heated pool. If not, then bath and continue my trip report and watching some tv before bed.

January 7, 2012 I have our itinerary. Karen did such a wonderful job of printing it all up. Today I just had to get some of my clothes out, ready to be packed. I have them all set out on the chair in my bedroom. Iím still putting away Christmas decorations and Iím already thinking about packing. LOL Only 26 more days to go.

February 1, 2012 Chuck picked up my suitcases Sunday. I am beyond excited. Tomorrow I get to print out my boarding pass. I will go to my Weight Watchers meeting tomorrow night. If only to help pass the time. I have my new Tivo all set up to record all my shows while Iím gone. But some of them I may watch at our vacation home. I think we will all be back at the home by 8. Jesse and Zoey are mostly ready for bed by 7 or 8. That will give me time to write my trip report and relax before bed. I will be taking notes all during the day so I donít forget anything.

My camera is all charged up and is in my purse along with all my papers and things I need. All I have to do is put my phone charger in my purse tomorrow night along with my phone. I have a list of things to put in my bag. Good thing it is a large one. Itís a Mickey purse, of course. I bought it on our last visit. It can expand too.

February 3,2012 Itís here at last. I didnít sleep much last night. Just three hours and I was up. I woke up at 4am from a nightmare about a cobra in my basement. I have no idea where that came from.

I had my oatmeal and read for a while until the car came for me a little after 5. I got to the airport the long way around. I guess he didnít know the shortcut and I was too out of it to notice until it was too late. But I got there in plenty of time. I didnít have check in luggage so I skipped the long line and went right through security.

I started my new book, One for the Money, to pass the time before boarding. I had picked out my seat but when I boarded, I found it was an Exit seat and I couldnít sit there. The flight attendant was very nice and got me a window seat a little further up. She got a nice, tall, gentlemen to switch seats with me. We took off right at 7:30.

I am almost 1/3 of the way through my book. I am going to have to pace myself. I want to have something to read for the flight home.

I landed right on time and my driver was waiting for me. I got to the home around 11 and Chuck and Karen will there unpacking the van. The kids were happy to see Grandmom and wanted me to play with them right away. I had to tell them they had to wait while I unpacked and relaxed a bit. My room was very nice and right off the pool. I really liked the fact that my room was away from the kids and Chuck and Karenís room was too. There room was on the other side of the pool. It was a very spacious home and I would love to rent that again next time.

After Chuck and Karen got showers we all went to DTD to eat at EOS. Chuck and I shared the All American and Karen got the French dip sandwich. Everything was excellent. We walked around WOD and I bought a menís POC sweatshirt. I got a medium and it fit fine. It was a little loose, but I like them that way. I also bought s t shirt that Chuck had picked out for himself and two Vinylmation figures. Yes, I am addicted to them. I also bought a Tink notebook and a few charms for my Pandora bracelet.

We walked around a bit more and then it was time to head for Boma for our reservation. I love to eat there. We all loved the corn and spinach pudding and the soups. I got some chicken and potatoes with Afritude. Of course, I had a zebra dome and a few other desserts to finish my meal. Jesse and Zoey ate raviolis and Jesse had chocolate cake for dessert.

Properly stuffed we went back to the house, put the kids to bed and went for our first swim in the heated pool. Oh, it was glorious. We swam for about 45 minutes and then I got a little chilly and went in. Chuck and Karen stayed in for a few more minutes and then came in too.

I got a nice hot bubble bath and watched CSI NY. I was going to watch something else but fell asleep. I woke up a little past 12 to turn off the tv and go to sleep. The bed was very comfy.

The BEST sign in the whole world

Zoey at DTD

Jesse at DTD

climbing the Snowman at DTD

Angelrose 02-22-2012 08:38 AM

February 4, 2012. Today was Saturday and we had big plans. First breakfast at CP. Zoey was afraid of Eeyore but she looked at Pooh and said ďBEARĒ. She didnít want him to come close though, but did wave bye bye to him. After breakfast we went to ride POC. Both kids loved that. Then it was time for the Pirate League. We had a bit of a wait past our reservation time, but it was Jesseís turn first. He was a bit unsure of it, but really got into it. Karen and I got our makeovers at the same time. OMG did I look glamorous. I had glitter on my face, eyeshadow, and a fancy flower jewel on my cheek. We also got a pirate tattoo on our hand. They also gave me a pink bandana with an eyepatch to match and an earring. I was already dressed in my pirate outfit from Halloween. Karen had on a black pirate blouse with a red sash. We were very hot pirates! They gave us all a pirate bag with our lipstick, jewels and nailpolish to keep and a pirate necklace. Then they took our picture. It turned out so well that we bought it. We were just in time to see Jack Sparrowís Pirate Tutorial. Jesse was chosen to come up on stage along with several other kids and received a pirate treasure map. Jesse was so thrilled.

We went over to Tomorrow land so Jesse and Chuck could ride the speedway. We all went on the People mover and then Chuck went on Space Mountain.

It was around 4:30 and we were ready for dinner. We ate at CHH. Then we took the monorail over to the Contemporary for our Pirates and Pals fireworks cruise.

First we went into a large room for snacks. They had a pirate themed cake and some rice crispy treats, coffee and tea and I think there were some kind of candy. We all got our picture taken with Captain Hook and Smee and boarded our ship.

Our pirate told jokes and had a little trivia contest for the kids and each kid got a prize. At the end he gave every child and some big kids a prize too. I got a lovely plastic pirate necklace. We laughed the whole time. It is a great way to see the fireworks, especially with little ones who are afraid of the noise of fireworks. We even saw Tink fly. After Wishes we sailed back to the Contemporary and PP was there to take pictures with us. He was a very good PP. He spent time with each child. He even examined the leaves on the ground with Zoey. LOL

I was so tired that I was very happy to get back to our homes and relax. We had another swim for about a half hour and then a hot bath and bed.

Karen, Zoey, & Jesse


Karen, Zoey and Tink

Crystal Palace

Chuck on my scooter

Pirate League Oath

Jeweled Flower

Jesse the Pirate

Karen the Pirate

Pirate League Photo

Angelrose 02-22-2012 08:51 AM

More Photos

Taken before we board our ship

Jesse on board

Me and our Pirate

Jesse showing Peter Pan his Sword

Now an explanation about why I have this picture of an unidentified child. This was taken at the Pirate Tutorial. When Jack Sparrow saw his hair he asked him if a Fairy had thrown up on his head. I thought that was very funny and that's just what it looks like.

Tutorial Degree

The Balloon Picture

Buzz and Jesse

The kids and Zurg

snapppyd 02-22-2012 09:46 AM

Oh Mary, I am loving this!!! You looked wonderful!! I never knew about the Pirate makeup, etc. What fun, can't wait for more - the kids look adorable!
:yay: :yay: :yay:

CJMickeyMouse 02-22-2012 10:00 AM

Awesome, Mary.... looking forward to the "rest of the story"!!

I really think we should meet at WDW someday...... :)

Angelrose 02-22-2012 08:29 PM

Thank you snappyd and CJMickeyMouse.

The pirate League is a blast. They also give you a sash for your plastic sword.

Chris, I hope that someday we can meet at DW. We would have such fun together.

I'm glad someone is reading this. I was having doubts.

Angelrose 02-22-2012 09:14 PM

February 5, 2012 I was up at 5:30 as usual. I mean who does that on vacation?? So I got my things ready for the day and got my OJ when Jesse came out from his room. We played and drew in my notebook until Chuck and Karen woke up with Zoey. We had breakfast in the kitchen today. We had those frozen sausage, egg and cheese biscuits from Morning Star farms. They are so good. They were much better than Jimmie Dean or any other frozen breakfast. They tasted just like McDís!

We made a quick stop at CVS for some Tylenol and then off to Epcot.

The first thing we did was go see Living Seas. Jesse and Zoey both loved the Nemo ride and Crush. We went to see the fish. Zoey was fascinated by them. Jesse just wanted to run around and soon Zoey joined him. IT was a great way for them to burn off some energy. We all stopped in Ice Station Cool and got some much needed soft drinks. I always get the Vegebetamin ? UHHHHHH the Japanese soft drink. I love that and wish they sold it here.

Since it was very warm, we let Jesse play in the water while Zoey napped. Of course he got soaked, but he had a great time. We had lunch at the Mexican Cantina. We all got pretty much the same thing. Karen and I got the chicken tacos and Chuck got the beef. For dessert we all got churros with caramel sauce. MMMMMMMM I could use some of that now.

We made the crucial stop at Mousegears. But the kids needed their naps. It was time to bring then back to the house. We had a babysitter booked for them so we could have an adults night out. I stayed in Epcot and wandered the World Showcase. I bought some Tink earrings and then saw some Mickey earrings that I liked as well at Mexicoís Arriba Brothers. The were the Schwarvski (sp?) crystals in them and they really sparkled in the sun. I do love my sparkles. I stopped in Caramel Kuch and got an apple stuffed oatmeal cookie with caramel drizzled on the top. Yes, even though I was full from lunch, I stopped and ate the whole thing. OMG it was heaven in my mouth.

I wandered back to Mousegears and waited for the kids to come back. Next we went on Test Track. Iíve never been on it so it was a new experience for me. I loved it! You should see the picture. LOL I think it was right before the crash part and I was bracing.

We had dinner reservations at Morocco. The place was absolutely empty. I think there were only 8 tables filled the whole time we were there. Our food was wonderful. Chuck and I had the Harira soup and the couscous with lamb. Karen had the lemon chicken. It was a very enjoyable meal. We moved on the France for dessert. Karen chose an ťclair and Chuck and I had the crŤme brule. We didnít care for that. It had a bitter taste and the sugar was burned on top. Still I think I gained 5 pounds and it is only our second day! Itís going to take me a couple of months to get back on track again when I get home.

We left France and headed to China when it started to rain. We looked in the store but it wasnít going to stop. We dashed, ( I rode my scooter) through the rain to Mousegears. I bought two t shirts and a red glass. Our last stop for the night was Spaceship Earth. That is our traditional last ride at the end of the night at Epcot.

I gave my scooter back and made it to the car without getting too wet. It had pretty much stopped by the time we got home.

We had such a good time that we decided to get the babysitter again for Wednesday and spend the evening at Magic Kingdom.

I put on my jammies, wrote in my journal and took a nice hot bath. I was asleep by 11.

Jesse Playing in the fountain

Jesse Soaked

Naughty Jesse pulling Zoey's hair

minniecarousel 02-22-2012 11:57 PM

love your TR! looking forward to more!

snapppyd 02-23-2012 07:51 AM

I love the way you all get along so well :love:

Now I'm hungry, I'll be back after a snack, LOL!

Love the pictures, keep 'em coming!! :cloud9:

Angelrose 02-23-2012 08:23 AM

Thank you Julie and snappyd. I have so many pictures to post you will all get tired of seeing them. LOL

Test Track picture of me waiting to crash

Angelrose 02-23-2012 08:27 AM

Adult night pictures

Kissy Face

The Future

Angelrose 02-23-2012 08:43 AM

One last picture from the 5th

The photopass guy said to act silly. Evidently Karen doesn't know how to act silly. :lmao:

DisneyWorldPlanner 02-23-2012 08:45 AM

Looks like you guys had a great time! Love your pirate pictures, so cool! Thanks for sharing! PS The little ones are so cute!!!:banana:

Angelrose 02-23-2012 08:50 AM

February 6, 2012 It started out cloudy which helped a lot with the heat. It was a bit humid too. When Jesse woke up and saw me, he said, ďGrandmomís back!Ē LOL I had to tell him again that I was sleeping there and would be there every day until we got back home.

Our first stop was breakfast at Hollywood and Vine with Jake and Little Einsteins. Jesse loves both those shows, but especially Jake and the Neverland Pirates. It was a nice buffet breakfast and then we got to meet Jake. Jesse was a little shy with the characters but we did get some nice pictures. When it came time for the kids to dance with Jake, Karen had to go with Jesse. He didnít want to get close to the other kids, but he did dance. When it came time for the conga line, Jesse was right in front of Jake and had the biggest smile on his face. I think that was the highlight of his trip.

Our next stop was Tower of Terror. Chuck and I rode while Karen watched the kids. Since she doesnít like the ride, when we came back I watched the kids while they went on Rockin Roller Coaster. Iím too old for that one. I donít like going upside down. Zoey pretty much stayed in her stroller and Jesse loves to play on my scooter pressing all the buttons. I have the key safely in my pocket. I let Jesse do a little pin trading. He loves it. I even found a couple of pins for myself.

We did Disney Playhouse which both Jesse and Zoey loved. After that we did Voyage of the Little Mermaid. I was surprised at how good Zoey was in every show. She was just entranced by it all.

I had to get a carrot cake cookie. Oh YUM and double YUM. We all shared it because it was too rich for one person to eat.

We all had hot dogs for lunch. We were saving our appetites for Mama Melrose. We walked around all the stores and I finally found a Tink sweatshirt. It white with Tink on the front, back and arm. Very pretty. The only other thing I bought was some jelly beans.

We saw the Muppets and then it was dinner time. I had the chicken flatbread. That was really delicious. I had the amaretto cheesecake for dessert. We stopped in a few more shops on our way out while Chuck and Jesse went in to see the Indiana Jones show. Jesse absolutely loved it and couldnít wait to tell us all about it. He also got his picture taken with Lightning McQueen and Mater. He was mad because he couldnít sit on the car. LOL

We were all tired and wanted to relax at the house for the rest of the evening.

I am ready for bed and itís only 7:30! It is still warm so we went for a swim for about an hour. The water was so nice and warm. I came inside and took my bubble bath. I tried to watch Castle, but fell asleep half way through. I woke up at 12:15 to turn off the tv and lights and go to sleep for the night.

Tomorrow is Universal and Harry Potter land. I canít wait.

Angelrose 02-23-2012 08:51 AM

Thank you DisneyWorldPlanner. We did have such a wonderful time every single day.

Thanks for reading.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.